Pittsburgh ComiCon "Official" Invitation!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by ben_ethus, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Anyone who has gone with us to meet the Pittsburgh FF knows, these guys are a lot of fun...count me and Emily in for the party afterwards!

Pittsburgh ComiCon - Saturday
    Krash
    Jade
    Malo-ha (Saturday and maybe Friday too)
    Padawan92
  2. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going to stay with a friend Saturday night so I'm changing the days I'll be there. Not sure yet if I'll go to the con on Sunday or not. I need to make sure I have plenty of time to go to IKEA before coming home. [face_laugh]

One question, the Charity Auction is Sat at the same time is there going to be a conflict? Not mind you that I think I'll be able to afford to buy anything.

OK two questions, is John Harvard's within walking distance and if not is there free parking next door?

Krash
    Jade
    Malo-ha (Saturday and maybe Sunday)
    Padawan92
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

John Harvard's isn't exactly in walking distance (unless you enjoy a *really* hearty jaunt) but being that the convention and par-tay will be in Monroeville, there's no metered parking whatsoever.

Meaning that parking everywhere is free, FREE, FREE!!!

Likes free parking,
    Yours Truly
  4. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

:D :D :D
  5. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I like free parking. :)
  6. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Whatever time the party starts on Saturday...it'll have to wait for:

Farscape Q/A from 4-5pm. There's no frelling way I'm gonna miss that!
  7. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    that sounds really fun!!!
  8. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

The par-tay is tentatively roundabouts 7 or 7:30 or sumptin' like that. (Definitely after all Con events, at least.)

Hates feeling sick,
    Yours Truly
  9. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, i've just noticed my info was stolen... I've been bamboozeled...j/k

glad to see you folks can make it.

We'll be partying after the dinner at Terry's suite (well at least that's the case right now) in the hotel that is directly connected to the CON.

Besides the usual drinking and merriment I imagine we'll have an Epic Duels tournament. (if you don't know, that's a SW board game) We have quartely tournaments here in Pittsburgh. It's a fun game that includes elements of a board game as well as the TCG (the trading card game). Also, we'l probably screen a SW related movie. Last year was Jay and Silent Bob strike back....very funny...hmmm what was Mark Hamill's character's name uh nevermind (might not be suitable for the younglings...ha ha)

I can't remember if Ben_Ethus mentioned it but we will be congregating at the food court on the Saturday at Noon.

There is also the BIG toy show convention that is across the hall and admission for that is only $5. Lots of new and vintage SW toys to be had and some at great prices (though watch out for some scalpers)

I plan on going to that first before we meet up for the comicon.

If any of you care to join me for that, I will be there by at least 10am if not earlier.

LMK,
    Sal
  10. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just dropping in to say we're looking forward to meeting you guys! We had a great time at the 'Burgh last year hanging out with SWAP, and hope to have even more fun this year!

Can't wait! :D
  11. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    What's our current plans, guys?
    If we're going to stay out late, can I catch a ride with someone? I'm not too good driving late at night for longer trips. ;)
  12. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I would like to go still and if anywould would be willing to help me get a ride and go...I am not sure if anyone wants to though.
  13. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Krash
    Jade
    Malo-ha (Saturday and maybe Sunday)
    Padawan92

Talon, since Malo-Ha is planning on staying overnight...driving with a Farscape friend?...there's room for 1 more in my car (Kim you're welcome to ride with me)

As for driving home late from Pittsburgh...no worries! I've made the trip enough times that I can find my way home, even with a busted navacomputer!
  14. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll take it, Geoff. When it was a day trip on Sunday, that would be easy. But it sounds as if we'll be there late on Sat. ;)

15. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be driving down Saturday morning. I could give someone a ride but I won't be coming back til Sunday. Not sure if I'll go to the Con on Sunday yet and thats after a side trip to IKEA before coming back. As to Saturday night, if I know my Farscape friends they'll find a nearby bar and stay til they close it. Last time the bar unplugged the jukebox as a hint to leave.

I think I'd better stay away from the toy fair. I could get into a lot of trouble there. :)
  16. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    OH, I'm in for the toy fair. :D
  17. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Just bumping this up as a reminder. Looking forward to seeing you folks again.

BTW, again as a reminder, I'll be going to the toy show early and then we as Fanforce will be meeting at noon, in the "food court" area.

So who all is coming for sure? And do you plan on attending the dinner afterwards? Party after that? You can RSVP me by PM or Chris (Greencat336) on the Pittsburgh boards. We need to get a final tally for the dinner to make the reservation for that number (did that make sense?).

Thanks,
    -Sal
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks Sal! I'm not going to miss this for anything! As long as I get to meet the Farscape and SW guests, I'm willing to go wherever the rest of the group wants to go.

We'll talk about this at our meting on the 18th...and give you a head-count of who to expect. Anyone else interested in going?

Krash
    Jade-Walker
    Malo-ha (Saturday and maybe Friday too)
    Padawan92
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I told Greencat336 that we are coming to the event...I'm assuming everyone in my group was planning on going to the S.W.A.P. event afterwards? If you didn't meet them @ WRHS or the recent FORCE game, these guys are cool!
  20. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. I'm up for a bit of a party afterwards. ;)
    Are we dressing up for the Convention? Unfortunately, I won't have any of my new costumes done, but I still have my 2nd ed. Mara. ;)

What are we to wear to the SWAP event?
  21. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'd love to get my jedi robe done by then...need some finishing touches, and I'm good to go. Em has got Princess Leia done...I'd love to dress for the occasion. (Do we change for the party?) Otherwise JKOC shirts work fine with me.

Any last-minute additions for this road-trip?
  22. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
  23. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Dress nice for the dinner but not neccessarily shirt and tie. Definitely not a suit kinda place.
  24. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.