Pittsburgh, PA Pittsburgh Comicon Planning Thread (Updated 4/05/2006)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I saw that but the 130.00 entry fee spooked me... unless I read that wrong??????
  2. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I noticed that the Star Wars guest page for the Comicon says that they will be appearing on Friday from 4-5pm in the Radison Showroom.
    Link

Is this something in addition to the signing that they will be doing?

3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Have you been to the Con in the past? If not it's kind of like a Q&A with them. They tell stories and junk for an hour or so.
  4. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    This will be the first time for me at the Comicon. Will they also be there on Saturday?
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, but the panel is a friday only thing by the looks of it. I'm sure Chris would know better for sure.
  6. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, that's what I thought. Just checking.

Panel info updated above.
  7. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    It looks like some folks from the Boston, Buffalo, Rochester, and Shenandoah Va fan force groups are coming to the Banquet. I recently sent invites to the city reps for some of the closer groups who don't fall under the northeast (Ohio, Chicago, Detroit, etc.)

I will be posting invites onto the active boards of some of the northeast groups whose city reps did not post the info I sent them.
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Got this in the email this morning.

â?¢ Star Wars Fans can also add to their excitement with the addition of Star Wars Artists:
    Matt Busch and Sarah Wilkinson to the Comicon Guest List.
    Matt has generously offered to donate 10, YES 10 Star Wars paintings to this year's Charity Auction. Keep watching the auction page on the website for preveiws of auction items.
  9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Think we should invite the SW artists to the banquet?? We could add a $1 raffle or 50/50 to the banquet (in addition to the door prize) to help cover the cost of guests . . .

There is also going to be a Friday night FanForce Social at Grazie Restaurant & Lounge at 8PM. Its a nice little place, decent food, not pricey, and a bar, with live band on Friday nights. I made a reservation for 25 people, everyone pays for their own stuff. Just something for folks coming in on Friday to do that evening.
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It's worth a shot but isn't the make a wish tin gthat night too? They would proabbly go there since he's donating stuff for it.
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hey guys...we're planning on sending a contingent of people to Pittsburgh ComiCon again!

Any plans for a post-con dinner? We're still talking about the good times at the 2004 event.

JKOC Pittsburgh ComiCon gallery

Rox or greencat (hi guys) - Whoever is working on contacting the SW celebs...please PM me. We've got something BIG going on in May and if they could help (awesome)
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hey Krash, how is it going? You want to talk to Fluke, he is in chanrge of contacting the celebs. We have a Con party on saturday night. The cost is $25 paid in advance. This covers dinner and what not. There's going to be door prizes and some other stuff going on. There's a couple threads on it here. We are hositng the FanForce awards this time around so it's apart of the party. I know on friday night we are having an informal part thing going on at Grazie Restaurant & Lounge.
  14. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Krash,

I recently sent the Cleveland CR a message about the Banquet. At least, I think Don is the CR? Anyway, Cleveland is most certainly invited to the Fan Force Awards Banquet gettogether.

Please PM about the SW celebs thing.
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Updated the list of fan forces who will be represented.
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Is this list posted somewhere? I would like to know what chapters are attending due to the awards being given ;)
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It's all in the first post of the thread.
  18. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Updated. A couple folks from Clarksburg, WV plan to come and possibly someone from Detroit.
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks terry for the info :)

EDIT: Fluke you might want to add Syracuse to the list of chapters attending since we do have at least 2 of us going ;)
  20. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  21. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Just FYI, I am going to spend some time next Friday and/or Saturday visiting locations in and around the Monroeville Mall to try to get some donations for the charisty raffle, must like was done for the Episdoe III premiere contests.

Hopefully we will get some pretty cool donations!
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    If anyone wants a copy of the donation request letter that I am using, please send me a PM and I'll email it to your along with the SWAP letterhead that Terry created. I am submitting some request to some Monroeville Mall stores this evening, but I'm sure that Terry will take donations from anywhere if someone else want to try other locations.
  23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    On Saturday they are showing all the Star Wars movies back to back in the movie marathon room. Plus they are showing a Star Wars Fan Film after Aotc. If you have down time on saturday that would be the room to check out.

SATURDAY April 22, 2006
    10:00 am
    PHANTON MENACE (PG)
    12:30 pm
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES (PG)
    3:00 pm
    Encore Presentation: STAR WARS FAN FILM: REIGN OF THE FALLEN
    4:00 pm
    REVENGE OF THE SITH (PG-13)
    6:30 pm
    A NEW HOPE SP. ED. (PG)
    9:00 pm
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK SP. ED. (PG)
    11:30 pm
    RETURN OF THE JEDI SP. ED. (PG)
  24. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    well, I hope we dont lose a few people to the movies during the awards :(

Looks like I will have to rework the time frame on the awards LOL
  25. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought the awards started around 8pm that means your competition is the special edition version of the originals that should be too difficult especially with me there.... I have ways of attracting "attention"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.