main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Pittsburgh Comicon Planning Thread (Updated 4/05/2006)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Is Jose coming? If he is coming he speaks Spanish, he's from Mexico.

2. jlavilar

jlavilar Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    hi, thank you, do you know if he will be tomorrow in the Pittsburgh Comicon?

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Not sure I am not sure if he is in town or not.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I havn't seen Jose since the Episode III premiere.

5. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I'm sure it would be nice to have someone else there who speaks Spanish, but your English is good, and I hope you won't feel embarrassed to talk to us. Please stop at our table and say hi.

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, all I have to say to terry is - I've got $2.00

and for chris..... kilts are hot..... 'nuf said =D=

7. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Just wanted to say that it was nice to meet Rox and Flukegroundrunner at the table yesterday! I'll be coming to Comicon Sunday as well, and hope to meet more FanForce ppl there. If I don't see you at the table, you will know its me walking around. Trust me...you will know who I am on Sunday...[face_skull] watch for shirt.

Can't wait to see the costumes! And Ray Park! OMG RAY PARK!!!!!! [face_love]

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Nice to finally meet you too. I'll have a Ray Park pic of my own, just gotta pick up the pics tomorrow.

9. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I took mine with a digital camera. The pic is in my sig. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm a big fan...and yesterday I made the biggest idiot of myself. Flustered, babbling incoherent answers to his questions, and shaking as the photo was taken, Ray Park now knows I am the biggest nerd he has ever met.

I can't wait to see some of the costumes tomorrow!

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    No...that'd be my sister! [face_laugh]

Sorry I missed this one (Em couldn't make it home/gas prices/work) but from what I heard some of us Clevelanders made it out there and had a great time!

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Krash we definately have to get our two groups together soon. Yo guys have anything big coming up?

12. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Hello gang. I also got to meet Fluke and Rox. You guys seem very nice and I hope to catch up with you guys soon. Thanks for all the info and I hope the raffle went well.

13. Jedi_Hajile

Jedi_Hajile Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2006
    Drew (DarthZone), Noah (TurtleTrooper), Roman (OdinVII), Elishua (too young to be on boards!), and I made it to the banquet. Roman, Noah, and Elishua stayed for the food and then ran off to video games. Drew and I stuck around for the whole thing (apart from me going back and forth to check on Elishua) and really enjoyed it. Thanks for inviting us.

I noticed several people were taking pictures. Is there anyway to access those? I forgot my camera in the car for most of the convention... :oops:

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I wanted to pop in here and thanks the pittsburgh group once again for all their hard work and efforts. It was apparent how much work your group had done. the table looked great and you did an excellent job on all your panels!

thank you thank you thank you for all who had volunteered/performed in the awards. you guys rock.
    it couldnt have been done without you guys!!!!

I had a great time this weekend... :)
    Congrats on your trophies!

A complete list of winners will be posted later today.

and I wanted to remind greencat that................ KILTS ARE HOT!!!!! :p

15. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Yo guys did an awesome job, can't wait to be up that way again and hang out some more. anyway, I thought you guys had the best fanfilm there, i don't care what anyone says.

16. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I had a great time and hope that we didn't get too rowdy! Thanks for the hospitality.

I'll have some pics up in the Buffalo forum today.

17. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks for the hospitality guys, it was a blast! Congrats to all of the awards winners, and their Padawans!

18. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hey you guys all did good planning (and i didn't do much of anything) so good job guys!!!

Oh yeah and I agree kilts are wicked hot!

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    A great big shout out and woot! to those who helped make the Comicon and Banquet a success.=D=

I think that everyone had a lot of fun at the banquet and SWAP was able to earn several hundred bucks for the SAGO mine fund.[face_dancing]

Thanks to everyone who donated an item to the charity basket.:D

20. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks and kudos to SWAP for all their work on the banquet and Comicon panels!

Congratulations on the awards you took home and for having one of your Padawans achieve Knighthood.

I'm going to be uploading my pics soon and will post a link here (and in multiple places) so that others can take a gander at them.

~Doc_Bev

21. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Had a blast THANK YOU to SWAP for making the panels and awards run so smoothly.

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Its great to hear that folks enjoyed the weekend. I've got the photos taken on my camera (thanks Allie, Stacie and Zero for the extra photographer help) and they just have to be put up on the photobucket account. Which will happen soon. Really.

Many, many thanks to everyone who worked on making this weekend a success. And a w00t to everyone that came.

And kilts are very hot. Here's a whole website dedicated to the glory that are kilts.

Liam
    [image=http://www.hometown.aol.com/brvhearts/liam1.jpg]

Ewan
    [image=http://www.users.bigpond.com/jmca5/wp-ewankilt.jpg]

Samuel
    [image=http://www.hometown.aol.com/brvhearts/sljackson.jpg]

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I got so sidetracked by the kilts I forgot to mention . . .

We raised $192 for the Sago Miners Fund! Yippee! If there's no objection from SWAP, I'll write the check out for an even $200.

The winner was Danielle Lalewicz, from Buffalo NY. Congrads! And thanks to Darren for delivering the basket for us and saving us the shipping costs. :)

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That Darren is really cool guy, that was nice of him.

If you are interested my Comicon pics are up on my photobucket account here. Chris those kilt guys you were talking about are in there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.