main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Pix of Luke's Ceremonial belt/holster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Vaders_Kid, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey Guys and Gals!

I need some help locating some pictures and I figured this would be the place to go.
    I'm looking to find any pictures of Mark Hamill wearing the Ceremonial outfit from the end of 'A New Hope'. Specifically shots of him WITHOUT the yellow jacket on. I had the Ceremonial outfit made for me and gathered together every picture of Luke wearing this costume I could find. And believe me, there aren't many! At least not that I could find. The thing is, I couldn't find any shots of him without the jacket in order to get a good look at his holster and belt. I had a guy I know who works with leather put together a basic holster to hold the blaster (which is the blaster Leia uses at the beginning of ANH), but I couldn't tell him how much detail to incorporate into it. I went to Celebration III and ran into a couple of other "Lukes" wearing the same outfit, and one guy in particular had said that my belt wasn't quite right because he did in fact have a shot of Hamill (and I can't remember which publication he found this in) without the jacket covering the belt and holster and there was some details that I had missed. My question is, if anyone out there has any shots (or knows of anyone who might) of Luke in this outfit that shows the holster and belt, could you PLEASE let me know where I can get a copy! I will be eternally grateful to any and all who can help!!! Please feel free to email me at darcrowskellstar@hotmail.com with any info you might have.

Thank you so much!
    Bruce
    (Vaders_Kid)

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I was thinking of making this costume as well. I'm not sure if this is the picture you're referring to, but in the documentary, "Empire Of Dreams" on disc 4 of the OT box set, there's a photo of Luke without the jacket. It's a studio shot, and is exactly 30 minutes into it, as Alan Ladd, Jr. is talking about the casting of Ep. IV. It seems that the barrell of the blaster is exposed down the side, with the holster only holding the main part, with the holster being connected to the belt somehow. It's the only image I know of that has a clear shot of the holster.

3. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    You might want to redirect this to the Luke Thread, but I don't think there's a lot of existing info on the ceremony outfit. For what it's worth I've got some pics of the costume here, but unfortunately not much on the belt and holster. I'm thinking it's the standard 2 inch brown leather with an octaganol buckle blank (much like his ESB belt). I've heard that he's carrying Leia's sporting blaster in the holster, but I'm not positive about that. It certainly doesn't look like the typical mauser, so i'm inclined to believe it.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Luke is using Leia's blaster. There's an issue of the SW Insider (issue #34) a while back with Luke on the cover, wearing the black ceremonial shirt holding the blaster near his face. Besides the pic from the doc mentioned above, there's some more info on www.partsofsw.com.

5. Phayze

Nov 23, 2004
    I love partsofsw.com!

I should have checked there before showing my ignorance on the belt buckle. I checked a pic that I had and the shadows made it look octagonal so I just went with that. oops!

6. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Thanks for all your input guys! Much appreciated. And thanks for the pix of the jacket you included Phayze! Who made that jacket? It's really well done! Kind of makes me NOT want to wear mine now!! ;)

7. Phayze

Nov 23, 2004
    He's a member at the RPF named David (I can't think of his forum name right now). He does amazing work, but it's pretty pricey. I think he was selling his version of the jacket for around $300, but for what it's worth he was exhastively thorough in his research so you can rest asured that it's about as accurate of a replica as you'll find.

I can get you his RPF name if you're interested in contacting him about it.

8. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Phayze-
    I went ahead and clicked on the link to the RPF site that had pictures of the Ceremonial Jacket and you are right. They're awesome! I had a costumer out in California make my Ceremonial Outfit (even did the jacket in leather although I'm now living in a small trash dumpster outside a MacDonalds since I'm broke now!), but I just didn't think the details were quite right. I sent all the pix of Luke's costume I could find for reference, but it had some problems. This guy really did his homework when researching the outfit. I did drop him an email to see if he's still making them and I'm now waiting to hear back from him. I hope he's still taking orders.

Thanks again for all the info!

Bruce

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I e-mailed him over a month ago to see if he'd seen the new picture of the back of the jacket off Hyperspace. The pictures he sent me were not of the final version, but of the fourth prototype, I believe. Still haven't heard from him. :(

10. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Last time David said anything on the RPF he made mention of being super busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.