main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Pixar and Disney FINALLY make up

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060124/en_movies_eo/18222

2. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, I read about that. And I'm not so sure this is going to be a good deal.

Sure Steve Jobs got a pile of cash[face_money_eyes] and a seat on The Board, but the last thing Pixar needs is the Disney Corporate mindset ruining their magic. I don't know what's been stipulated in the contracts, I'm really hoping Pixar retains full creative control, and maybe even some rights too, but probably not. Disney will own everything. [face_hypnotized] Resistance is Useless.[face_hypnotized]

It's not like Pixar needs Disney, they're the most successful film studio in the history of the medium. Now take Disney; pioneers yes, Walt's magic, YES!, but recently what? Fair to middling box-office (non-Pixar that is). Firing their animators, shutting down the traditional animation studios one by one.

I love Pixar, John Lasseter is one of my heroes, and I really want to trust this deal, but only time will tell if this was any kind of good idea.

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Whoa... maybe I just read this wrong, but it looks like John Lasseter will be the new Creative Head of both Disney Animation and Pixar. If he's been put in charge creatively speaking, well that's a horse of a different color. If this is Pixar taking over Disney animation, that might send 'em all the way back to Walt's time in terms of quality and style. Maybe a good thing after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.