main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Places to eat?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Queenwhatever, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenwhatever

Queenwhatever Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm sure there will be food at the convention center, that will cost an arm and a leg. Are there any good resturants near by for dinner that are cheap? Where a local would go for a downtown meal that doesn't break the bank? And are there any grocery stores near by for snacks and water supplies?

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Despite the look of Indy, it's water is quite potable. ;)

I'm kididng, okay, Seb. :) I have never been there. I'm just amusing myself at their expense.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Sorry, there are no restaurants in Indianapolis. You have to bring all your own food.

There is one pond to get water from but it gets pretty murky from waterfowl in the summer.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    There's a farm down the street...450 yards as the crow flies. Old Man McGregor will sell you some eggs and lease you some "milkin' time" with Bessy. For larger parties he'll butcher up one of his State Fair winning hogs, but he needs a day or two notice. He's a kind man, just don't hit on his daughter. :p

There are tons of resturants, and a wide varity of them. Circle Center Mall is a short walk and it has, well, mall food, but there's a TGIFriday's in the Courtyard by Mariott catecorner from the Convention Center, we've got a Hard Rock Cafe, tons of Steak houses, and there's fast food places stuck in all over the place.

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just a heads up : From what I am told by the Omni that weekend there will be almost 70,000 people in the immediate area with all the events going on downtown, so plan on standing in LONNNNNNNNG lines no matter where you go.
    *sigh*

Still going to be alot of fun though.
    If possible load up on lots of snacks to bring with you.

Strawbary

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    If Indy has no restaurants, does that mean we get to hunt donw & kill own own food? Cool! Actually, when you tell people you're from OMaha or even just Nebraska, they automatically think we have livestock roaming the steets, we ride tractors or other farm equipment to work, school, etc., don't have electricity and still have to fight the Native tribes. I read a while back where Omaha has the most restaurants per capita.

Anyhoo, does anyone know if there's a Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters in the area? (please please please say "Yes"!)

7. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    15 E. Maryland Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

Quick Directions
    SE corner of Maryland and Meridian In the Hampton Inn.

Phone: 317-916-9464
    Fax: 317-916-2640

Store Hours
    Monday-Thursday 11am-2am
    Friday-Saturday 11am-3am
    Sunday 11am-12am

==================================

Hooters of Indy Downtown
    25 W. Georgia Ave.
    Indianapolis, IN 46254

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Thank you very much for the info, JediTrainee. Man, is it next Thursday yet?

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    My dad and I will probably buy lunchmeat and cheese and lettuce and stuff for lunches, but go out for dinner. :)

It'll be SO cool to go to a restaurant and see the place 2/3 full of SW freaks. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.