main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Places To Go?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, Dec 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Seeing as like only a handful of people post on this board, I probably won't get much of response. Oh well, I'll ask anyway.

Every year before Christmas, my family goes downtown for a day. Throughout the years, our traditions have shrunk for different reasons, mainly b/c they were unexpectedly cancelled.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm looking for holiday-ish things that we could do. Does anyone have any ideas of stuff we could do downtown in the Christmas tradition? Keep in mind we have young children, which rules out adult-like activities, such as going to see The Nutcracker, etc. Well, if anyone has ANY suggestions, they would be appreciated!

2. ZeeverFett

ZeeverFett Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2000
    You could go to Astroworld Holiday in the park. They have snow hills and all kinds of stuff going on. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the fam there.

3. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Don't the department stores have little christmas village's set-up, if you were interested I'm sure there is a number you can call that tells you what time things are happening

4. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I thought that Astroworld stopped doing Holiday in the Park. ???

That's cool, Skidder. We used to do stuff like go to the bank b/c they handed out wassel and gingerbread, and we would go to see Santa in the Downtown Foley's, then eat at the restaraunt they had there. But they got rid of Santa and closed the restaraunt, and the bank no longer gives out wassel and gingerbread.

I guess that's the kind of stuff I miss and am looking for in our Downtown trip. I thought maybe they'd start having more visitor-friendly things to do since they are trying to jazz up the city of Houston :)

5. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Forget downtown, til the night scene starts. Go to Kemah.

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, again considering that there are like 50 or less posts on this entire board, I'll presume no one will respond to, or even read for that matter, this message. I didn't feel the need to start a new thread for it since it follows the same idea.

What is there to do in this city? I mean, really? In Austin, we'd just call each other up at like 2 in the morning, "Wanna go to Kirbey Lane?" "Wanna go to Players?" "Wanna go to EZs?" There's no where to go in Houston past 10 p.m. What do you people do?

7. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I assume most people here live in or around the Houston area

go and check this stuff out before it leaves in june 2001

[image=http://www.mfah.org/200101starwars/images/promo01.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.