main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Plagueis: The Muun behind Damask

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I honestly think we don't get Plagueis's POV in order to leave open the possibility that he was doing some midichlorian voodoo to ensure his survival.

Do I want this to be the reason? Not sure. Do I think this is the reason? Yes. Is it obnoxious to ask yourself a question and then answer it? Maybe.

Rogue_Wraith likes this.
  2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    When Palpatine ordered Vader to kill all members of the Separatist Council, he indirectly severed yet another tie to Plagueis.
    San Hill's father, Larsh Hill, was close associate of Plagueis untill he was killed.

darskpine10 likes this.
  3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I have a hard time accepting when Plagueis dies. It screws with Maul's legitimacy as a sith lord. The rule of two aside, I don't think pre-Bane sith ever had an apprentice with an apprentice.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Well, Plagueis was one who wanted to break against tradition because of his views of being immortal. It's just that Palpatine was the one who actually did the breaking by taking Maul in.

It really makes me wonder how different things would be if Plagueis didn't get hammered.

darskpine10 likes this.
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Darth Maul is more like an assassin, very much like Asajj Ventress.

darskpine10 likes this.
  6. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    But still, it's almost a mockery for a false-sith to hold the title Darth. Assassin or not, I prefer to think Plagueis died several years earlier, and that's when Sidious declared Maul to be Darth.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I think for Palpatine all his apprentices were just tools. His mind became set on Anakin Skywalker when he met him.
    Palpatine never wanted to be replaced by one of his apprentices, he wanted to rule forever.
    So, he only followed the rule of two to some extent.
    Even Plagueis and Tenebrous did not fully embrace the rule of two.

Palpatine might have named Maul 'Darth', but he never intended him to be more than a ruthless assassin.
    Misdirection always was Palpatine's strong point.

8. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Palpatine bestowed the Darth title upon Maul obviously to convince Maul he was more than an expendable tool, but still, if past sith knew of this, they'd probably look lowly upon the decision.

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Or those Sith would praise Palpatine for his mastery of deception...

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I think some sith have a form of honor and traditional code. Making something think they're a sith lord when they're not may be seen as dishonorable to the title. Kind of like if a college drop out calls themselves professor. Loose analogy.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I think Sith care only for tradition if it fits in their way to power.
    Palpatine nearly wiped out the entire Jedi Order. He ruled the Galaxy for about 25 years.
    His accomplishments were far greater than many Sith before him although he did not completely stick to the Banite Sith beliefs.

12. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    The holocrons of Andeddu and Bane shunned Darth Krayt as a heretic for the One Sith philosophy, and that was really to suit his own purposes and that of the sith. The point is, I think there's more to the sith than just "the ends justify the means." I think there is a sort of code of tradition and honor (at least as far as sith titles go). Older sith would probably shun the idea of a non-sith holding the title of Darth.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Those Sith shunned Darth Krayt because he was vulnerable.
    Krayt was obsessed by getting cured, this was his weakness. Sith don't cultivate weakness.

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  14. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Really? I could of sworn it was because they disapproved of the One Sith. Andeddu lived long before The Banite rule of Two though, so you may be right.

General Immodet likes this.
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Many Sith, such as Nadd and Andeddu, tried to return to the physical realm after died so they could rule once more.

16. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    . Darth Bane is the only Sith who dislikes Darth Krayt for rejecting the Rule of Two. Like General Immodet mentioned earlier, Anddedu was contemptuous of Krayt because he was afraid of being consumed by his armor and because he had to beg other Sith for help instead of conquering his problem by his self. He justifies his refusal to share his knowledge to Wyyrlock by telling him that Knowledge is power and Sith do not share power". Anddedu sees Krayt as a pretender of a Sith because of his doubts and his encounter with Wyyrlock causes Wyyrlock to realize this too and is the catalyst for the eventual betrayal of Krayt.

General Immodet likes this.
  17. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I don't actually think Andeddu or Bane particularly opposed Krayt more than they would oppose any other Sith. As per the Tales of the Jedi Companion, Sith holocrons continuously berate and insult those who interact with them, and only if one is able to win their trust through flattery, or through proving their power and dominating the gatekeeper, does the holocron cease such hostility and begin offering Sith knowledge. Andeddu and Bane would have treat Palpatine in much the same way.

Of course, Andeddu might have genuinely held Krayt in contempt as he was not a mindlessly insulting gatekeeper but a genuine Sith spirit. However, I'd say, regardless of his comments to Wyyrlock, any contempt he held would be more the natural contempt an ancient Sith risen from the dead would hold towards his living Sith competitors than being reflective of the One Sith being pretenders.

Mikaboshi and Iron_lord like this.
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I think what the holocron of Darth Nihilus had to say the most interesting... ;)

19. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    When Plagueis travels to Korriban/Moraband he witnessess the ghost of Marka Ragnos, but he thinks that it is just an illusion like Yoda in Star Wars: The Clone Wars Lost Missions. Are they just illusions to tempt fallen Jedi to the Dark Side or are they ghosts, like A'Sharad Hett and Sorzus Syn?

20. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    A'Sharad Hett is not a ghost but he goes to learn from Sorzus Syn the ghost/illusion!

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Archie Brown, please use the edit feature to avoid double posting/stacking posts.

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    In which story did Plagueis meet the ghost of Marka Ragnos?

23. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    Unquestionably one of the best books written in the EU, and one of my favorite books of all time

Sudooku likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Book of Sith has a whole chapter on Plagueis.

General Immodet and Iron_lord like this.
  25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012