main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Plagueis would had been a much better Sith Master for Vader than Palps

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BedlamSpirit, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BedlamSpirit

BedlamSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2011
    Before you complain this is not a thread to trash Palps or say he was weaker, less skilled or anything of that sorts. But to say that SPECIFICALLY as Sith Masters for Vader I think Plageueis would had made a way better job and perhaps would been the most suited Sith Master for him.

Think about it, with Palps:

- He got into a suit, that is hinted was even made to be as limiting as possible to be easy to control.
    - After Mustafar forever got crippled
    - He learned little from Palps, who was holding a lot to himself.
    - Had no real motivation to live

In short he got duped and from the momment he got crippled it seems Palpatine tossed him like "Meh, another useless apprentice I will replace."

Just imagine Vader's potential with Plagueis, even assuming he got crippled:

- Even with the suit with his midichlorian manipulation and Vader's force potential it would had been a matter of time before Vader was out of the suit and on his way to regain full potential again.
    - Imagine Vader's potential with midichlorian manipulation
    - Considering the resurrecting possibilities of Plagueis's studies, even if Padme died Vader would have a real motivation to push himself to its limits, as he would be fighting for the chance to resurrect Padme.
    - Consiering Plagueis really got attatched to Palpatine his apprentice, it is unlikely he would had held knowledge back if Vader became his apprentice

Agree? Disagree? I personally think that Plagueis ironically would had been the ideal Sith master for Vader.

"What if Plagueis were Vader's Sith master guys? Talk about it!"

Bedlam, come on, this is the third "What if" thread you've posted in three weeks. Cut it out.

2. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Plagueis would be a better drinking buddy for Vader than Palpatine at least.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Vader would have killed Plagueis for not sharing the knowledge of how to save Padme quickly enough. In the ROTS novelization, Anakin was not exactly patient about learning that.

Of course Padme probably would have protested the idea of Vader manipulating her midichlorians (Her cells. To keep her alive. Shut up.) and he would have killed her in a fit of rage anyway.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    No other Sith Lord would have been able to turn Anakin in the first place. Palpatine was the only Master that Darth Vader would have tolerated.

A Sith Lord like Maul or Dooku or even Plagueis would not have been able to convince Anakin to embrace the Dark Side. Only the great cunning and malevolence of Darth Sidious could have accomplished that.

Sidious was the greatest manipulator and deceiver that the Sith ever produced. He killed Plagueis, defeated Maul personally and strung Dooku along like a puppet.

5. Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken

Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    I beg to differ. Maul and Dooku couldn't turn Anakin(they would just kill him:p) because they have a negative personal history with him. They both caused him great harm. Dooku literally(by taking his arm and killing his Jedi friends) and Maul by taking Qui-Gon from him.
    But any Sith worth his salt could have preyed upon Anakin's fears and insecurities and dangled the "way to save Padme" carrot in front of Anakin's face, provided:
    a)They knew about about Anakin and Padme
    b)didn't have the bad history Maul and Dooku had with Anakin

I agree that Sidious is the most cunning Sith to have ever existed, but his magnum opus was playing the Jedi like chumps and toppling the Republic. Anakin was a low-hanging fruit.:)

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I think you would find Lord Vader iMuun to his blandishments.

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis likes this.
  7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I agree with the OP. I think Plagiues would have been a better Master and would have helped Anakin reach his full potential.

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Good, better, etc. Those words do not describe Sith Masters. Plaguies would torture his apprentice whoever it is. It would be possibly worse than Sidious, since Plagueis has no social skills or tact, so he would be playing mad scientist or bringing back Padme as a skeleton in a misguided attempt to help his apprentice. I think a real reason that Vader resents Sidious, is because Vader does all the work and errands, while Sidious sits back and takes the credit. This was the exact same complaint Palpatine had with Plagueis.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Well I got the impression Palpatine had been playing Plaguies since the moment they meant. Palpatine always planned to get what he needed and kick his Master to the curb.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He certainly tells Plagueis this in his final speech to him while killing him.

This may, however, have a degree of boast to it.

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    True. It's one of those things that is impossible to prove, one way or the other.

14. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    ^Which is why I didn't believe Palpatine when he said it.

That being said, I think Plagueis would've been a better Master, in that he would've been able to help Vader overcome his inner demons and make him mentally stronger. Assuming that events played out the same, only with Plagueis as the Master, and Vader was still maimed on Mustafar, that only would've done wonders for his level of control over the Force, and returned him some of his former glory, if not all of it.

I also agree that any decent Sith couuld've turned Anakin. He wasn't stable, was toeing the line between the Dark Side for years, and had various points a Sith Lord could pick at and break open to allow the Dark Side to enter. No other Sith could've done it the way Palpatine did it, playing the long con for 10 + years, but it could've been done and may have ended up being more effective for all we know.

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I wonder how things would have played out if Palpatine and Plaguies had reversed roles; with Palpatine being the Master.

16. Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken

Unbowed.Unbent.Unbroken Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Then I believe Plagueis would have supplanted Sidious, just as he supplanted Tenebrous. In fact the impression I got was that Tenebrous was just like Sidious. Not as cunning perhaps, but his intelligence afforded him incredible powers of foresight, which made up for it.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  17. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    In hindsight he probably should have just replaced him whenever convenient, it seems to me as Vader was only really the tool to help Palpatine finish the Clone Wars and take control of the Republic/Empire. After that, aside from being his attack dog, which probably a bunch of people could have done equally well, there really doesn't seem much reason to keep him around. But then again, I guess Palpatine really didn't think too much about succession plans until Luke came along (although I haven't played through FU2 so I can't comment on any happenings there).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.