main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plain and simple, will ep 2 be better than ep 1?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rayrayjay, Mar 27, 2002.

?

Plain and simple, will ep 2 be better than ep 1?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2002.
  1. YES, Tricky Ricky and our boy George will create a masterpiece that rivals eps 4,5,and 6!

78 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. No, don't say such things. Episode 1 is better than water!

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
  2. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I dont really think one sw is better than another. That said, I think AOTC will be great.

3. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    EP1 cannot be compared thoroughly with EP2. Its like rating the first half hour of a movie separately from the rest. Its a package deal. TPM has its own introductory merits.

4. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Oh, man...I sure hope so. Not that I hated TPM or anything, but it isn't my favorite.

5. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    As long as it has the followig Im happy:

John williams music
    explosions
    aliens
    robots
    aliens fighting robots
    lightsabers
    aliens fighting robots with lightsabers

and the continuity works with the other films of course

6. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I personally think ATOC will be better than TPM, although I do think that TPM rivals water, can I vote for both choices?

7. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    AOtC will be a great movie, but TPM, in my book anyway, is still worthy enough to be in the Star Wars saga.

8. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    I hope so

TPM was OK, but would like to see AOTC top it

9. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Episode II only builds off of Episode I. So the story tale only unfolds and evolves more but one SW film isn't any better than the other.

10. Lan-Ker

Lan-Ker Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2001
    I'm with mjerome3. TPM was necessary to set the table. Now, we are ready for the meal itself. It's like trying to decide which chapter in a book is the best. I don't think LOTR fans argue about which book is their favorite. Each serves a specific purpose to the entire storyline.

11. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    will ep 2 be better than ep 1?

I hope so.

12. rickwalz

rickwalz Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    EP1 cannot be compared thoroughly with EP2. Its like rating the first half hour of a movie separately from the rest. Its a package deal.

Package deal my hairy white a**, if it's a package deal I want a package discount.

Can you say ANH is like the first 1/2 hour of ESB? No way, these movies stood on their own that is why it is a Trilogy.

tril-o-gy n.
    A group of three dramatic or literary works related in subject or theme.

A trilogy is three seperate movies that stand on their own. That are then connected by a subject or larger story arc. They are not dependent upon each other.

I paid full price for Ep1 I expect a full movie.

13. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    How could it not be? The trailers look awesome!

14. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    There comes a time in a forum members life when he learns to ignore people.

15. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    AOTC will probably get bashed a lot less.

16. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    You can't compare TPM to AOTC because they are both parts of a whole. I think alot of people who were hoping TPM would be like the OT will like AOTC because it seems to have more OT elements than TPM did.

In the end, TPM is good, AOTC is good, EP3 will be good and together, they will be AWESOME! I am confident that all three movies, once completed, will nicely compliment each other, as well as compliment the OT. :D

17. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Hmmm....difficult to say.

Always in motion the future is.

18. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I am from the spoiler forum. And I love TPM as much as the OT. Let me stress that I LOVE TPM :D

However, from what I know and from what I've seen in the trailers, I KNOW I'm gonna love AOTC as much as the other four and most likely even better :D

ST

19. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm just hoping the next Taco Bell ad will be better than the last one.

20. rickwalz

rickwalz Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    Why ignore me, because I offer a valid point? I have not insulted anybody nor have I attacked anybody.

My point simply is that ANH, ESB, and ROTJ were great movies on there own. They did not need the others to be understood or enjoyed. I know people who watch ROTJ on a regular basis and never watch any other SW movie.

21. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    My first time, I watched them out of sequence and I was beyond confused. I watched ROTJ first and it made no sense at all. They don't stand completely alone. You couldn't watch the OT out of sequence and have it make sense. If you watched ANH and then ROTJ, you would be lost and frustrated.

I don't understand why people keep arguing this, when they all watched them in order the first time and could never understand that perspective.

22. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    To say that all SW are the same is just wrong, and I'm not beating the ep 1 horse. ESB is better than ROTJ...I love them both but one is better. B-Ball fans, you know that the Lakers are awesome, but they are not all equal. Shaq is better than Rick Fox, but they are both great. So yes SW fans it is ok to say one movie is better than the other.
    And secondly whoever said, just put John Williams, droids, lasers, Jedi...etc in a movie and you will be happy. George loves you, you are his cattle, if I made a tape on my video camera with all the above in it....you would like that? Infact I think I did when I was like 9 I will sell it to you...20 bucks! The moral think for yourself, critically on everything, not just SW...remember just seeing the words STAR WARS at the opening of a film does not mean you have to accept it, although I am sure George would like that!

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Better in every way I'd say.
    I loved TPM though. It's my 2nd fav
    AotC is easily looking to be my favorite.

24. Superty88

Superty88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmmm lets see what we get

1. more yoda
    2. more mace
    3. both of them fight
    4. jango and boba fett
    5. no young Anakin that says "yippie"
    6. much much less Jar Jar
    7. Count Dooku (nuff said)
    8. we see Anakin go closer to the darkside
    9. the pit battle
    11.obie's battle with Jango in the rain
    now think real real real hard and you think if EP2 will be better then EP1 lol i think i made it pretty clear.

25. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I believe it will be but if its not it won't be a bad thing as TPM is a great movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.