main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Planet Comicon!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MrSpace86, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSpace86

MrSpace86 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2005
    Hello everyone!
    I am from Gardner, KS and I have been a watcher for a while now until just recently became an active member. I'm just here to remind you all of the upcoming convention 'Planet Comicon' in Overland Park, KS. It will run the weekend of April 2-3 and will feature none other than Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) in person!! For more info go to:
    www.planetcomicon.com

Thanks, and I hope many of you check this out and go to it.

-Rodrigo

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks for the info!

Maybe we can snag a table...

3. KC-Jedi

KC-Jedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 18, 2005
    Freakin Sweet!! I assume that is going to be at the OP Convention Center?

4. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    No it's at the International Trade Center (115th & Metcalf)

5. KC-Jedi

KC-Jedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 18, 2005
    Cool thanks for that bit of info.

Attend the show I must.

6. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Me and GsWookie will be there (and maybe a friend of mine from work). Any chance of the folks from the boards here meeting up together there?

7. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I have sent the following email to the organizers of Planet Comicon:

February 28, 2005

RE: Planet Comicon exhibitor space

Dear Christopher Jackson,

My name is Bradley Robertson and I am writing you in regards to exhibitor space at the Planet Comicon event at the Overland Park International Trade Center during the weekend of April 2-3. I am the Chapter Representative for the Kansas City, Missouri Heart of the Alliance (HOTA) FanForce. FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of TheForce.net?s global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Our local FanForce is interested in having an exhibit at your event. HOTA is a non-profit, fan-based organization, and as such our finances are limited. For that reason we would like to ask you to consider donating exhibitor space to our organization, or possible giving us an exhibit at a reduced rate. We may be bringing merchandise for sale such as bumper stickers, t-shirts, and buttons. Any and all profits that we would receive from the purchase of these items will go directly to our operating costs such as website hosting, domain registration, and event activities. No position in our FanForce is paid.

More than anything we want to share our love of Star Wars with the Greater Kansas City area. We feel there is no greater opportunity to let the area know about HOTA than at an even where both Jeremy Bulloch and Peter Mayhew will be present.

For your consideration you may want to visit http://theforce.net/fanforce/fanforce/fanforce_faq.asp to learn more about FanForce as a whole. HOTA?s discussion forum on FanForce can be viewed at http://www.KCStarWarsFans.com (the preceding is a redirect link that will take you to our forum that is hosted on the TheForce.net). I had hoped to share our website with you, http://www.HeartOfTheAlliance.com, but unfortunately it will not be up and running until later this week. In the meantime, I have attached a copy of our organization?s Charter Agreement.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Bradley Robertson
    Chapter Representative, Heart of the Alliance FanForce

Enclosure.

Hopefully they will let us have a table. If not, and we have to pay for it ourselves I will set up a PayPal account for us so we collect donations.

I will keep every one up to date on this matter as it unfolds.

8. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    :eek:

There's bumper sticers and buttons and the like? Who knew??? I'd love to help out in any way I can, though I'm sure the mrs will kill me for volunteering thus (unless she wants to speak up as well *ahem*).

Just in case, how much would a booth cost if it had to be paid for? If anything comes of this, please let me know. I have some (probably crappy) ideas.

9. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I will go, but it depends on my work schedule. I guess I need to get my Jedi Costume out. If not, I'll let Gandalfbmg wear it.

10. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Well we don't have the bumper stickers and stuff...yet. I a few others are in the process of desinging stuff.

As to booth prices I won't know until Mr. Jackson replies to my email. The website has a form to fill out to request exhibitor space info and prices. It could quite possibly be that if we are given a discount it might be too expensive.

As to those who staff the booth (we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit in that matter) I am going to be desingning some special T-shirts for those that volunteer. IF we get a booth a might be able to try to get some sponsors to help pay for the cost of our T-shirts. Of course you are welcome to wear a costume as well. I still haven't decided if I am going to wear my Jedi costume or not.

11. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    *sigh* I SO saw this coming. Usually, I would be the one to laugh at the volunteers at the Star Wars booth. But, since I'm trying to be a better person about these things.... if G volunteers, then I'll volunteer also.

12. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Chuckles and laughs at GS.

13. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    Funny haha John. ;)

Yeah, just call me a lemur or something...

14. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    April 2-3, eh?

hmm.

I might be out of town.

But if not...maybe. I've never been to something like this before.

15. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    I hope I am able to come... my mom should let me... it'll be a day after my 18th birthday....

16. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Any word yet on the booth? I was talking about it this weekend with GsWookie, and I hope they don't think that we're just trying to get free admission for our members who volunteer for the booth (I'm guessing they have to give some kind of pass to the folks that have booths and/or otherwise 'work' at the convention). Well, Maybe we should offer to pay our admission anyway, if they give us the booth, so as not to think we're being cheap or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.