main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planet name changes from Republic through Empire?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vong_Killer, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Considering how the leadership on many planets changes during the Rise of the New Order, where any planet names changed?

Can anyone think of some planets that have might involve name changes considering what we've seen of the Clone Wars so far?

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    hmmmm, I've never thought of that before. but since countries here have changed names over time, it would make sense I guess.

3. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The obvious Coruscant ---> Imperial Center.

Say, what did the Reborn Emperor call Coruscant during DE?

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Can't remember him ever making a direct reference to it in the comic proper, but it was called "Coruscant" and "Imperial Center" fairly interchangeably in the DE Sourcebook.

5. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    He called it ground zero.

6. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    What about Dak to Mon Calamiri...

7. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    What about Dak to Mon Calamiri...

Hadn't heard that one, but season one of Clone Wars has Kit Fisto fighting for the Mon Calamiri on their homeplanet, but I can't remember specifically them saying the name of the planet...

Where has Dak been mentioned?

8. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Not explicitly during the Late Republic/Imperial epochs, but Kashyyyk's indigenous name done got trashfiled by the Czerka slavers following their TOTJ-era occupation -- the new trade designation became "G5-623 Edean."

9. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hadn't heard that one, but season one of Clone Wars has Kit Fisto fighting for the Mon Calamiri on their homeplanet, but I can't remember specifically them saying the name of the planet...

Yoda: Troubled, is the planet Mon Calamari. Its races have divided. The droid armies of the Quarren Isolation League move against the Calamari Council. Alone, the Calamari are no match. Intervene, we must.

10. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds explains that Dac is the original, native name for the planet, and that outsiders named it Mon Calamari or just Calamari, which the Quarren find incredibly annoying.

11. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Yep, both native species of the planet use the name Dac, but clueless Core-worlders dubbed the planet "Mon Calamari".

12. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    hehe, Yoda's a clueless core-worlder then :p

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I remember that---Czerka Corp derided Kashyyyk with their own name. I'm going back there now this time as a dark sder. I want that lightning-proof belt they sell only there.

Edean, they called it.

14. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    Czerka Corp... That's KotoR stuff, right?

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sure is. Best game ever, in terms of hidden EU goodies. It was great for the casual gamer. It was perfect for the Star Wars fan. But it was simply divine for the EUer.

16. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    This game is every bit the important historical SW text as the original Timothy Zahn trilogy and Dark Empire were. To say nothing of its related Tales of the Jedi stories, and Jedi vs. Sith. Massively stuffed to the gunwales with Star Wars backstory and lore, moreso than many of the recent novels.

The "Czerka" moniker's appeared for years in the EU -- the "Czerka Vibrodagger," the vibroknuckler, "Czerka CZ Wrist-Mounted Flame Projector," et al -- but the deepest exploration of its corporate culture arrived with Knights.

Then there's Czerka.com.

17. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    haha, Czerka Corp. I totally just submitted my website w/ their tag on it after seeing the site once. I hope they allow me into their ranks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.