main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planetary glows..

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthMoves, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoves

DarthMoves Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    I did a search and came up lame, but I am pretty sure there was a topic on how and where to apply the glows of planets. Would you do it in a 2D ( AE, COMMOTION) or 3D app ( LW, MAX)?

Mike

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    My guess is that if you make the planet in LW or 3DS or something, you should go ahead and do the planetary glows there. But you can probably do the planetary glows in photoshop or after effects, but it would probably take longer than it would in a 3D program.

3. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    You can obviously do it in either, so I guess it's just a preference thing. But If you are actually creating the planet and the stars in the 3D-app then it makes sense to do the glow there as well.

Thewre is a little tutorial-ette about this up at the www.crewoftwo.com site, talking about how they created the opening shot (planets and all)

4. DarthMoves

DarthMoves Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    cool. I actually found a wierd little thing in LW that can yield a very effective, easy to manage and quick planetary glow. Postion a point light in the center of a planet and turn off everything except the out ring of the lens flare. Position it size and grid wise to fit the planet and change the color accordingly. 2 minute planet glow.

5. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Here is a tute I used when making "The Newborn Uprising". It's for LW and pretty in depth, but produces a nice planetary glow.

Tute

Later- Jeremy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.