main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014

2. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    I really want Tatooine to be in Episode IX, but I just don't know if it could happen. It's appeared a couple times at least in the Original Trilogy and in the Prequel Trilogy, so...

Probably a pipe dream. Hell, while I'm wishing why don't I wish for my favorite Star Wars location, Cloud City, to appear. Ah well.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    TheCowboyBuilder likes this.
  3. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    I love all the suggestions of Coruscant , Mustafar, Korriban etc ... but Disney want to distance themselves as much as possible from the OT and more so the PT ... so it
    will be all new places - as long as it's a decent film it doesn't really matter tho...

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Yet another unfounded assumption. Disney are also responsible for the Anthology movies and have heavily invested in a movie (Solo) that features three planets that are all mentioned in the OT or OT related EU. The Solo movie is basically OT EU.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    As was Rogue One and any Boba Fett anthology film will be. Kenobi will fall between the PT and the CT so that's another myth gone.

The film makers themselves might want to distance themselves away from previous trilogies but Disney won't, there's too much money in it to do that.

6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Coruscant is in Rogue One.

7. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    You mean Mustafar?

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Coruscant is in Rogue One.

[​IMG]

9. powerfulforce

powerfulforce Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 16, 2005
    I want to see them go crazy with whatever new planets we see. As of right now, they seem to be going for a minimalist approach. I get that the prequels may have felt like an overabundance of CGI, but right now I feel like we haven't really seen a planet that looks quite extraordinary.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  10. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Ah, totally forgot about that. Still, that's pretty much just as much as "Alderaan was in A New Hope."

11. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    That's confirmed that it's Coruscant ?
    or just looks like it ?

12. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Ben visiting Corellia. This would be a great opportunity for "to the pain" (Princess Bride reference). It's the same reason that deleting the scene of Kylo in the Falcon in TFA was such a huge mistake. Crait was a "rubbing salt in the wound" metaphor, but it would be maximized with something more directly related to Han.

Corellia and Tatooine are the planets that would have the most emotional payoff.

Wildcatbarry and Star war like this.
  13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It is Coruscant.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing as how there does not seem to be a reason for Tatooine to appear I doubt it.

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No reason? I am beyond tired of desert planets in Star Wars buuuuut ending the Skywalker Saga on the planet that it began on would be a nice bookend.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean other then that. What importance does Tatooine serve to any of the remainder of the living character?

17. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    The Resistance was on the run at the end of TLJ. Episode IX has got to open with them in hiding on Batuu (Galaxy’s Edge) ... right?

18. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Can Kylo please be the Vader fanboy that we know he is and visit Mustafar?

And while he is at it he can have his bad guys meeting with his Knights of Ren there as well.

Thats all i want really.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He could just take over his castle on Mustafar assuming the NR did not destroy it.

20. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I can agree with others that there would be some nice symmetry in ending Episode 9 on Tatooine, but I just can't see how it would factor into the story without seeming contrived/shoehorned. If they can do it in a way that makes sense, great. I don't need any prolonged scenes there, maybe just something comparable to what we saw in ROTS.

Other than that, I'd be interested in seeing Nar Shadaa. Kind of a dark/seedy version of Coruscant.

And yeah, Coruscant itself, in a more substantial way than what we saw in Rogue One, would be interesting. Rey and/or Kylo visiting the old Jedi Temple could be great.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No that’s totally Coruscant in Rogue One.

TheCowboyBuilder likes this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    We'll Kylo's got a thing for Darth Vader. It would be poetic if a broken, defeated, Kylo, robbed of his empire, and remorseful ended up on the same planet that his grandfather was born into slavery on. Anakin had nothing on Tatooine (other than his mother), Kylo then has nothing on Tatooine, (other than possibly a Force Ghost Leia). Also Anakin left Tatooine and became Vader. It could be cool to see the inverse with Kylo beginning his journey to redemption on the same planet.

Then you throw in a Force Ghost Luke appearing on Tatooine to keep on eye on Ben, In the OT we have Ben looking out for Luke. Then the the ST ends with Luke looking out for Ben.

Plus it would be cool to see Rey, seemingly a nobody from a desert planet rise to greatness by the time Ep. 9 ends and then we have Kylo who came from greatness ending the ST alone with nothing on a desert planet.

Buuuuut if they don't go that route then yeah I hope we don't see Tatooine or any desert planets.

23. I know

May 4, 2014
    I wonder if the park is that immersive they could also use it as a filming location. After all it’s supposed to open sometime in 2019 and IX is not due to be released until December that year. Plenty of time for pickup shots to be done and, it would be a massive selling point for the park, if they didn’t already have one . Would also cement it into Star Wars canon. Maybe that’s why they were so shady regarding where it’s location is in the Galaxy and in what time period it was being set.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They would have to be a very good park.

25. I know

May 4, 2014
    With a bit of extra set dressing and a little post CGI it could work easily. Look what the did with Waterloo Station in Rogue One