1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Discussion Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Corvus Jedi Master

star 4

You won't. Or it won't be called Nar Shaddaa. Pablo Hidalgo officially axed the entirety of the EU.
  2. Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight

star 2
    I want to see Kamino again. Kamino is imho one of the most spectacular SW planets. I know it's just water and more water, but I loved it. And Kaminoans are great aliens, elegant, peaceful… I don't know. They reminded me a little bit of the aliens seen on Close Encounter of the Third Kind, which I also like.
  3. StoneRiver Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Could be cool to see what happens beneath the water.
  4. CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Attack of the clones is definitely the most interesting and diverse in regards to the planets and locales. Aside from the great new planets we got in Kamino and Geonosis, it gave us different and new views of the familiar planets too i.e: Tusken village (and the beautiful landscape surrounding) The coruscant underbelly, A more personal Naboo and a wider scope in the Jedi Temple.

I'm all for revisiting favorite planets (Tatooine is a must for me!) so long as we get something new from them. I think there's scope in Kamino for doing that. I'd be interested in seeing it fall under ruin. Could be great to have a ghost town clone lab.
  5. purplerain Jedi Knight

star 4
    I wonder if the saga will end where it began: Naboo.
  6. T-R- Force Ghost

star 5
    my guess would be Tatooine
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I would be glad if I never saw Naboo in a Star Wars movie ever again. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing new frontier worlds only — but instead of where it's the Rebels that hide on them, it's the new enemy that does it this time. Sort of like a flip flop, if you get my meaning.
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Mar 2, 2014
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Echo Base Jedi Knight

star 4
    The latest rumour is that they are possibly filming some scenes on the Isle of Skye so this would make a lovely backdrop for my idea of a "Celtic space city".
  9. darklordoftech Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kamino. How has the fall of the Empire affected it?

Dathomir: What became of its inhabitants without Talzin?
    Mystery Roach likes this.
  10. RyanForder Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would like to see a different side of Kamino, for example, they are all peaceful above the water like we see in AOTC and TCW's but maybe they can have some things under the water that nobody other than the Kaminoians? (i think thats what they are called) know about. They could plot to destroy anyone who comes to the planet because of what happened with the empire.
  11. Bazinga'd Manager Emeritus

star 5
  12. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Isn't Iceland supposedly green?
  13. Bazinga'd Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Not in the winter it isn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  15. Mystery Roach Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I love the Hoth portion of TESB, but I really can't see the point. A lot of people complain about too much Tatooine, but at least the characters have always had a good reason for going there. I suppose there could be some reason to return to Hoth, but it would most likely feel a lot more strained. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of ice planets in the SW galaxy... Orto Plutonia for one, not that I think that will be in the ST either.
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. darklordoftech Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tatooine has always been described as "the wild west of Star Wars". I wonder if we'll see a planet based on another historical era.
  17. Bazinga'd Manager Emeritus

star 5
    As it is the media dealing with a rumor, there is more than a fair chance that the planet in question will not be Hoth. Ilum comes to mind.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If JJ is smart, he should not revisit any previously seen frontier worlds. New and original worlds is the way to go. If I see Hoth, or any of the other OT frontier planets, I'm going to puke. :(

Make the Galaxy feel larger, not smaller.
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Mar 22, 2014
    WatTamborWoo likes this.
  19. Darth Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hope to see the planet of the Bothans.
  21. Jedirush2112 Jedi Knight

star 4
    I'm sure we'll see Coruscant again other than that I would like to see:

Moon of Yavin 4, (Jedi Temple)
    Ilum (Jedi Crystal Caves)
    Morriban (Sith World)
    Kessel (Kessel Mines)
    The Maw (Empire's Scientific Installation)
    Daggobah ( Yoda' / Luke's Evil Cave)
    Some Hugh Space Station somewhere and action like this:

22. Darth Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    How about a planet with some variety?? So far we've had the sand planet, the ice planet, the water planet, the lava planet, the forest moon. Naboo at least had land & oceans I suppose.

Note to the SW creators: you can have a planet with extreme differences in landscape...case in point Earth.
  23. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    Kashyyyk as well.
  24. plaidphoenix Jedi Master

star 4

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.
  25. Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight

star 2
    If they really want to revisit all the OT locations they can easily find a reason. People that have played the Jedi Academy game will know that. But who wants to see a repeat of everything we've already seen? It's a pretty big galaxy, lets see some more of it. Although it would be good to have a couple of old locations thrown in to see how they've changed. Coruscant+Yavin would be my preferences.