main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I suppose a professional movie crew working round the clock for several months could take some location in New Jersey and make it look as nice as Dagobah......

My theory, if they need to go to Tatooine, is that maybe Luke needs to retrieve something that Obi-Wan had hidden away in his hut..... either that or the Tosche Station called and said if he doesn't pick up those power converters soon, they will be sent back to the manufacturer......

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Rotta the Hutt?

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Doesn't seem "natural" to me. Visit a dangerous harsh & remote backwater? The planet where Luke's aunt & uncle were slaughtered, where their grandfather was a slave & his mother was murdered. Surely there are nicer vacation destinations than that.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I love vacations. I also love learning about my family's history and where I came from - even the dark, painful sides of that. They're very different things and people can, over the course of their lives, do both.

5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I guess it's not too unreasonable, if they're that curious. Anyway, we could be jumping the gun in assuming Tatooine will feature.

6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Maybe Luke decides it's finally time to free the slaves on Tatooine.

7. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Would be about frickin time ;)

8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Seriously! They didn't even build pyramids, train tracks, or iPhones. Waste of slavery.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So any guesses on what planets we'll see specifically in Episode VII and how many? I'm going to go with the traditional three planets and my guess is:

Corellia
    Tatooine
    Moraband

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    No Coruscant? AotC had 5 planets & RotS had...alot.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, AOTC and ROTS are the only films that go against that tradition. I think Coruscant will eventually show up but since they might be heading back to Tatooine in Episode VII don't think they'll put two planets we've already visited in the first film of the trilogy.

12. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    So that would mean that either the Republic Senate/leadership isn't based on Coruscant, or there will be no scenes involving them in Ep7. Which of those do you predict?

13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder what Yavin IV's role is in the galaxy these days.

14. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Hippie music festivals.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012

My guess would be that Coruscant is still the capital of the galaxy but Corellia is the main military base and is the planet that comes under threat whenever the military threat reveals itself.

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm honestly hoping that the only planet we revisit is Coruscant. It makes sense, since it's the galactic centre. Other than that... give us new locations.

Yes. This.

Or... well... to be honest, anything that gives us Corellia on screen :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I've been thinking about that too. Maybe that is how he discovers Obi Wan's daughter/grand daughter among the slaves there. I don't think he would have waited 30 years to free the slaves though so maybe it'll be talked about but not shown.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Somebody should draw a hippie Exar Kun spirit.

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    If so I hope they don't go with the lame & predictable choice of having Han be representative of the whole planet. Just bcs he's a wise cracking rogue we don't need to see a planet full of wise cracking rogues.

Bail B. Baobab and purplerain like this.
  20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I was half joking although I do think it would be cool if we finally saw that happen. It seems like kind of a strange thing for him to be doing in the movie after ROTJ though, in terms of narrative flow. But as for the Obi-Wan relative thing, I have also been thinking that there's a distinct possibility that he would find her there... if she even exists. Perhaps he finds her in Episode VII, but gets on Rotta the Hutt's radar in the process. Then in the second movie one of his or Leia's children is kidnapped and enslaved as revenge for Jabba being killed and yet another rescue attempt is mounted at the beginning of the third film which this time results in freeing the entire planet and bringing it into the Republic. Kind of a side plot which has parallels with both of the first two trilogies, and that kind of fits with the basic storytelling method of these things. Plus it wraps up a problem in the last film that is presented in Episode I. Hmmm I think I may be talking myself into liking this idea.

21. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

You'd have to work hard to make New Jersey looks as good as Dagobah. I used to live in Newark. [face_sick]

22. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Does anyone else want this Obi-Wan descendant thing to not happen? Doesn't fit with his story at all.

23. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Most people, including myself

24. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Definitely not. If they overload the ST with too many sons, daughters, & nephews it will seem like some lame soap opera relaunch like Dallas. Now people are throwing in Jabba's son?
    What's next Porkins' niece !?

25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    For me it all depends on execution. If they were to present a scenario in which it makes sense then I'd probably go with it. It probably isn't true anyway, but I'll keep an open mind if it is.