main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You won't have it!

;)

Actually, we'll probably have more than one planet, so you might still get your exotic.

2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Going back to Tatooine might have something to do with Obi-Wan's descendant. (If there is one). Or maybe Luke left his wallet at Obi-Wan house.

[face_dunno]

I guess its time to read the new Obi-Wan book.

Darth_Articulate and Darthsuggs like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Obi-Wan: Luke, there is another-
    Luke: Skywalker?
    Obi-Wan: No I was going to say another man-cave that I designed.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Are you implying something?

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    With the shoot in Abu Dhabi lasting 4 weeks, that means we're in for quite a jaunt on Tatooine; probably as big as the one in TPM.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Tatooine was a major location in 5 of the 6 previous movies and even in ESB it got a mention. They have to go back there.

Immortiss likes this.
  7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    It never really occurred to me before that Tatooine was mentioned in the only movie that it wasn't in. Good catch. It truly is a staple of the Star Wars saga.

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'll meet you at the rendezvous point on Toddooween

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    TESB didn't suffer from a lack of Tatooine.

10. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Obviously I don't know more than anyone else about the script but unless they are driving way the hell AWAY from Abu Dhabi then I doubt the location shooting is for Tatooine. Abu Dhabi and Dubai are both very high tech futuristic-looking cities with some incredibly unusual looking, gigantic buildings. I think it's more than likely a new planet.

Immortiss and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I know JJ has been known to use real locations ironically to the detriment of the realism of the reality within the movies (a la engineering brewery), but I can't imagine they'd be using an actual city to represent one in SW, or at least I hope not. Most of the real buildings that have been used for SW in the past looked pretty old or classical in style. Even if it were altered digitally I wouldn't like to see a city as terrestrial as Abu Dhabi in SW, despite it being somewhat futuristic looking. I think it's more likely that the production could be based in the city during the period of shooting in the outlying deserts, which it most certainly has and which look very much like portions of the Tatooine landscape.

Darth Chiznuk , Bob Octa and Dra--- like this.
  12. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    ^ Agreed, if it is to be Tatooine they will be based in Abu Dhabi (accommodation etc) and shoot in the desert. Also not all of Tatooine shot in Tunisia was in the desert, some was on the coast of Djerba and some in Ajim a small town...

13. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I wasn't criticising your post (I made a point of stating that those scenes in ANH are some of my favourite scenes too), I was simply observing that your surprise/incredulity at another fellow member, for not holding them in the same regard as you, mirrored your opinion in the other thread that anything painting the PT in a positive light must be false.

As for the data... I think it's already been demonstrated that the stats show that the PT was broadly well received (not mixed/not average). It's important that the data (as unscientific as it is) is analyzed in an objective way. Even TPM (which is supposed to be the least popular right?), in terms of critic/periodical/online/newpaper reviews, received more positive reviews than negative. That means more people liked it than didn't. The majority. TPM and ROTJ are my least favourite Star Wars films, but even so, reading the data I can see that (from the reviews available) the majority were positive. And when looking at the PT as a whole (using the data for AOTC and ROTS too), the criticism of "not well received" becomes even more problematic because it runs contrary to the actual empirical data - which shows that, for the PT as a whole, over twice as many critics gave it positive reviews than negative.

Mods - apologies for the derail. I will say no more on this matter in this thread...

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I hope Luke setup the Jedi Academy in Jabba's Palace. I always liked the design

15. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    If Korriban appears, will Ragnos appear?

16. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Since it looks like a pretty sizeable chunk of Episode VII is probably going to take place on Tatooine (including the Lars Homestead), does anyone want to speculate on how or why? Here's a few scenarios that come to mind:

• The new hero, who's unrelated to the Skywalkers, just happens to live there.
    • If the rumors of Obi Wan's descendants being in the movie are true, Tatooine is probably where they live.
    • Luke returned to Tatooine between Episodes VI and VII and now lives there.
    • There's something hidden at Obi Wan's place that the characters need to find.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    • Tatooine isn't so remote anymore.
    • Rotta wants revenge.

appleseed likes this.
  18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    tatooine has been in all three prequels and 2 of the ot. enough is enough.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If it isn't in the ST at least once, then it can't be considered Star Wars.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

nope.

21. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Tatooine is seen or mentioned in every single Star Wars movie. This isn't the time to abandon it.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It wasn't seen at all in ESB though.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mentioned. Featured prominently in the OT and PT. So it will be in the ST.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  25. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If you google image search "abu dhabi desert" you get lots of pictures of the Liwa Desert which looks very dune-y like Tattooine did in ROTJ near Jabba's digs. Maybe there will be some sort of Hutt subplot in E7.

Mystery Roach likes this.