main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    So everyone thinks the first planet we see in JJ's brand new EPVII will be a previously seen planet or an already established EU planet?

2. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Naboo being destroyed taking all the Gungans with it.

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Nah, I guess it's just that if you say "A brand new planet" it doesn't really go into much detail heh.
    I dunno, I figure it'll either be Coruscant or Corellia, or some brand new planet - let's say hm...a jungle world? :p

Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  4. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

I getchya ;)

I'm sticking with a brand new planet, yeah jungle could be pretty cool

5. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm thinking something like really dense and exotic jungle, Yavin IV seemed a bit tame and ordinary.

6. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    and different colouration and size of the plantlife (compared to our own) in said jungle?

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It would also be cool if the first person we encounter in the movie is a Force user (be it Luke, his offspring, new heroes, random Jedi dude, Sith, whatever) that he is on a planet that is so rich with life.
    Come to think of it, imagine a Sith jungle world? All dominated by the dark side, plantlife grown way out of proportion and deformed because of dark side corruption and all that goes with that.
    Would be interesting to see.

darklordoftech and StoneRiver like this.
  8. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Excellent question! I think the opening planet will be completely new! The opening pan to a new planet like in TPM, but involving 1 or more of the big three. Perhaps the Solos are in some kind of chase or battle situation!

And a related question: what kind of SPACESHIP will we see first?!

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm guessing it will also be a completely new ship, the Falcon should be saved for a more memorable reveal some 20-30 minutes into the movie.

10. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    Mirkwood! *ducksandruns* :cool:

Episode Swag likes this.
  11. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    agreed. I'll go with a new planet, a new ship, with new characters as crew to start the film off, then slowly reintroduce returning characters/locations/ships as the film progresses

WatTamborWoo and The Hellhammer like this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. Many of which will be uninhabited- but according to The Essential Atlas, nearly a billion systems have somebody living in them.

Howevr, very few have large populations- only 70 million or so have populations large enough for "representation" in the Empire, and there's about 1.75 million "full member worlds".

13. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Woah, that's even more than my guesstimate. That's alotta planets to choose from [face_hypnotized]

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing brand new planets at all but I also would love some "connective tissue."

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  15. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

me too :)

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The idea of introducing a new planet at the beginning of the film got me thinking of some of the planet names that GL created but has yet to use and the one that sticks out to me the most is Aquilea. I would love it if they finally used that name.

17. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    thats exactly the prediction im looking for in this thread Bib

18. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    All Star Wars movies begin with a ship flying somewhere, usually a fresh planet or place not seen previously, the clear exceptions being II and III which open on Coruscant. (You can decide for yourself if Tatooine in IV or the Death Star in VI count as fresh locations.)

The dominant ship(s) in the opening have always included star destroyers or diplomatic vessels (or III which had the Jedi fighters and frankly all manner of else). I would really like to see the Falcon right off the bat, but the pattern doesn't seem to sway that way. Most likely, the first ship we see will represent whatever new galactic order is rising/has risen in place of the Empire - an Alliance version of a Star Destroyer or a new kind of Corvette perhaps.

But I also have a feeling JJ wants to splash us into the familiar when Episode VII opens up - for like, five minutes tops, then wipe into something completely different. Or splash into something completely different, THEN head back into the familiar. I don't know, I'm a guy on a message board.

Immortiss and darklordoftech like this.
  19. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    I fully expect to see us open over the home of the new Jedi Council, be it Yavin IV, Coruscant or even Endor, but I'd like to see the Falcon in the opening sequence. Han, Leia & Jaina travelling to meet Luke or something similar - start with fans on side.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    To OP,

Tatooine of course!

21. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I don't mind Tatooine being in the film but every book, video game and movie HAS to go back to Tat and its too damn cliché. The Jedi have no presence there in the future or the past (STWOR)----> Cade Skywalkers time ~130 ABY. So outside of perhaps paying a homage to the original films; I'd be totally ok with them omitting Tat entirely. There are far more important-both strategically, and simply making sense-planets to use.

22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yep, Tatooine is way too overused for a supposedly backwater world.

Toonimator likes this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    A new world, so it's suspenseful from the very start. If it's Endor, I'm going to throw up.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would hope that we start out with a new planet that we've never seen before... my vote would be also for Corellia, or perhaps Mon Calamari. Or something involving Kessel. those three locations were the ones I've always wanted to see.

What I truly hope we don't pan up or down or sideways to is, yet another opening involving Coruscant! I'm not against having it in parts of the ST, but I hope it doesn't feature as prominently as in the PT.

CaptainMorgan2013 likes this.
  25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    it is a sequel and there will be as many references to what already exists as possible i think

Echo-07 likes this.