main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    As far as I know filming for S5 of GOT has not yet started (I think they always start in August), as a matter of fact a lot of the actors are currently spending their time with visiting various award shows and conventions.

2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Interesting. I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars, but this planet was featured in that wasn't it? Is it a forest covered planet? And this is where the Sith Witches come from isn't it? This would make sense if, as speculated, we get Sith Witches in the movie.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    While the Forest of Dean does have those otherwordly gnarled trees, in other areas there are stands of tall evergreens. This makes me think of the rumored concept painting showing a lightsaber duel taking place in a an area with tall snow-covered trees. What doesn't fit, obviously, is that the painting was described as a winter scene. But perhaps they might make it appear wintry, as I'm sure they did for the forest beyond the wall in GoT?

The color-palette for Dathomir is red. Am curious why Dra--- might think this could be that planet. Are you thinking they might give said planet a very different look for the film?

Dra--- and Claire1976 like this.
  4. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'm rooting for Corellia because it's Han's home planet. I'm pretty sure Tatooine will be there too.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah, I don't follow GoT as closely, but I'm pretty sure they don't film till later, like TtheForceHurts mentioned. I know they've started in August in years past. It could be some special thing they are doing early, but it could be something else entirely, like Star Wars!

The Puzzlewood website does have a note that they are closed to the public from July 7-11. So SOMETHING at least is filming there!

I really do hope that if this is for Star Wars, it's a new planet. It has some similarities to Yavin and Dagobah, but I think it's different enough it could be an entirely new place.

I'd love to see Corellia at some point!

6. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    July 7th to July 11th...not a long shoot at all then, so maybe it's not a place that is hugely significant. Unless maybe somewhere like the hotly rumoured Isle of Skye location shoot is going to be the same planet, which is possible.

TK327 likes this.
  7. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Redimet and TK327 like this.
  8. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    GoT has been filmed in Iceland, yes, but why would that team be in England?
    True as well. Plus, scenes in the Riverlands, that look similar to Puzzlewood have never actually been filmed there, but in other places.

9. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    First Korriban, now Toprawa? Seems the powers that be won't be happy until all planets with EU origins are renamed. Le sigh... [face_sigh]

Abadacus and Immortiss like this.
  10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think the reason I think it could be Dathomir is I'm mistaken. :)

On the Wookiepedia when I was reading about Legends Dathomir, the shot of the planet looked like Earth to me. I forgot what color-palette Dathomir was depicted with on TCW -- and honestly I still can't remember what it looked like because the scenes I recall were at night. But I'll trust you're right when you say it was a red tone.

TK327 likes this.
  11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Just thinking: would there be this much secrecy if they were filming Countryfile?

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  12. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Absolutely not. No way. Nobody cares about Country File, except most people's grannies :p

TK327 likes this.
  13. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I believe they filmed in Whippendell Woods near Watford for a similar length of time for TPM. Those scenes were used for Naboo (when Obi Wan and Qui Gon first arrive on the planet). Naboo was of course a major part of that movie which just goes to show that this could easily be a major planet. Naboo was of course Whippendell, plus Caserta Palace in Italy; studio sets and of course scale miniatures of Theed plus CGI panoramas.

For this reason I think it's entirely possible that this could be part of a major planet in Ep VII with other stuff added from other locations and the studios to build the whole picture.:)

14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    4 days is a very short location shoot. I mean why bother for the sake of 4 days if the majority of 'said scene' will be shot at the studio? Some1 who's far more knowing about the ins and outs of this kind of thing correct me if I'm making no sense?

15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Here's my wild stab in the dark. Someone will be looking for this on Endor:

[​IMG]

16. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
  17. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Its Disney. They have the money. And who knows the types of shots they will be doing there. Fly throughs, birds eye.

18. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah all the Naboo forest stuff was filmed there. It's quite different there now, lot's of trees have been removed and there's a new golf course as well.

19. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    This was done for Dr Who, but perhaps they might do the same, on a larger scale, for SW? A night shoot in a snow covered forest would provide a new look for the SW universe. And, yes, I'm still clinging to the rumored concept art that suggests something similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I would love a snow-covered forest planet. Imagine a lightsaber duel there. Serene, poetic, like something out of a samurai film, which would not be unwelcome given the influence on Star Wars.

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. I could be like the fight between Lucy Liu and Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, another movie strongly influenced by samurai films. [​IMG]

It would be lovely and something we haven't seen before in Star Wars.

22. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    That fight is an amazing fight because if you know anything about true Samuri masters there sword fights are always quick because every more is calculated and this fight was one of the only representations of that, that I have seen in a movie. That being said Star Wars fights need to be more exciting but I would love a lightsabe fight in the snow.

23. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    So the Daily Mail article with the stormtrooper photo pretty much confirms for sure that this is Star Wars at Puzzlewood. I'm really excited by this location and can't wait to see what it ends up being! Stormtroopers in the forest... could be a really cool action scene.

24. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    A Night duel in a winter forest with snow falling as serenely as we see in Band of Brothers at Bastogne! That would be insanely cool!

Revanfan1, TK327 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You have made me a convert. Snowflakes hitting a lightsaber blade in a snow covered forest is ideal.

Revanfan1, Immortiss, Redimet and 2 others like this.