main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    True, except supposedly Endor is Cyan in color instead of a Reddish Orange, and of course we see Yavin pretty clearly in ANH unlike Endor in RotJ. ;)

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you believe the RoTJ novelization - that gas giant was destroyed at some point in the distant past:

At the feathered edge of the galaxy, the Death Star floated in stationary orbit above the green moon Endor — a moon whose mother planet had long since died of unknown cataclysm and disappeared into unknown realms.

but that didn't jive with the Ewok movies - so it was eventually retconned away - The Endor Moon Hoax - in The Essential Atlas.

3. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Revanfan1 and Redimet like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    too bad that wasn't in the game at all. that being said, i love both those games and wish they would complete the story even if you call it an alternate universe story.

5. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    After the second one I'm out and okay with rebooting it. But they should find a way to have StarKiller and Kota be in rebels.

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Don't forget Maris Brood. She was awesome and gorgeous. <3

But seriously as far as planets go, forget felucia while we are on the subject of TFU. The planet has so little screentime in the films but videogames and the EU have exposed that place to death.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Just like forest worlds with Ewoks? Snow planets with Wampas? Desert planets with Tusken Raiders?

8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Naboo is more of a swamp planet. Are gungans associated with Dagobah?

9. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

That would be waaay too much work. Dathomir is desert like.
    Sooo Puzzlewood: Not a jungle, so not Yavin IV or Dromund Kaas. It's Dagobah, Kashyyk or Endor.

10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no it's someplace new.

Han Burgundy and CairnsTony like this.
  11. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Also a possibility, but not a fact.

12. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    you didn't list possibilities.

13. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    What about a planet of suburbs, man?
    [​IMG]

TK327 likes this.
  14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

I did. I listed three. I just didn't include the possibility of a new planet since I don't want one with dozens allready existing.

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    The location shoots at Whippendell Woods near Watford were definitely not a swamp; those trees in the background when Qui Gon and Obi Wan reach the Lake are mostly Beech, which hates waterlogged ground. They even had to CGI in the Lake in a clearing in the wood as there were none in the woods themselves. Naboo was a mixture of biomes which included forest, swamp and open grassland, with the latter two being recreated in the studio and CGI. FTR I'm sure if they wanted to recreate Naboo, they could go to any number of Beech woods a stone's throw from Pinewood, which is located on the edge of the Chilterns; perfect for that sort of biome.

Having said that, Puzzlewood is a new planet. Puzzlewood is distinctive, even from the rest of the Forest of Dean in that it has ancient knarled Yew trees (rare to be found in such numbers in one place) and weird rock formations that give it a somewhat fairy-tale appearance. It is no wonder that JRR Tolkien saw it as a primary source of inspiration for Middle Earth.:)

It looks nothng like Dagobah either, which is another suggestion I've seen a few times.

Claire1976 likes this.
  16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree CairnsTony. I'm convinced Puzzle wood is a totally new planet. To me it doesn't resemble anything we have seen before. As we have Tatooine making yet another appearance I'm sure we will get some new planets too. It's a huge galaxy, and I'm sure the film makers won't want to rehash the same couple of planets in every new movie. This is something different and I'm excited to see which new world it is.

CairnsTony, thejeditraitor and TK327 like this.
  17. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    By the way, have these pics been debunked?

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/bbe04/

18. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    If that 'desert' planet is not Tatooine (which I hope it is not), I hope they do something to help distinguish it from the aforementioned planet. Perhaps have several planets hanging in the sky, or a nebula, exotic alien flora, strange crystal formations jutting out of the landscape, or something. And that also goes for the 'ice planet' (please let it not be Hoth). Keep it different. Have bizarre ice formations. Give it a bluish tint. Just something different and new.

19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    thejeditraitor and Immortiss like this.
  20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    The Monastery there is almost like a set of ancient tombs... I'm thinking Moraband. ;)

It's a very wild and rather 'precipitous' place...

Some pictures of Skellig Michael:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Looks amazing. Anyone else remember the MSW report on the various sets which talked about old fortresses and Imperial bunker style doors leading into the rock or something? Wouldn't that fit with this (see also the Puzzlewood stuff). With some CG enhancement, Moraband could be a good bet (although I love how natural it looks).

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    It is beautiful, but I'm thinking like you say with a bit of CGI, a fog machine (they wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the place on a genuinely foggy day; far too dangerous...) some lighting effects and you have a very eery and forbidding place...

Satipo likes this.
  23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Forebidding and mystical. Love it.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Some wonderful news about filming in an incredible place. It goes in line with the Skye Islands and costal Iceland scenic areas.

thejeditraitor, Iron_lord and Satipo like this.
  25. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    well I guess we've found Lukes hidey hole.

TK327 and thejeditraitor like this.