main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    That was my starting point. Devin and others are saying the desert planet we have seem is not Tatooine. Why choose a dessert planet that isn't Tatooine unless there is a specific reason? Of course, it may just be Tatooine. I'm just having fun and rolling with the rumours.

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Good point. Maybe this is an example of some disinformation? Everything we are seeing says Tatooine... And it would make sense having John and Daisy start out there, mirroring the beginning of Anakin and Luke's journeys.

CairnsTony, Satipo and thejeditraitor like this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah i don't mind that. hopefully we won't keep going back.

4. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    This would be amazing. Also would make a good planet for the ruins that were rumored. The ruins are already there. I'm excited for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satipo and TK327 like this.
  5. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    This is a puzzler. Ridley confused the hell out of a lot of people by having Alien and Prometheus set on two similar moons in the same system. But then again, he did do it.

EDIT: Actually, I think a lot of people probably weren't confused. They just wrongly assumed it was the same moon.

6. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, with all these things, I'm basically starting with info that's out there. If no one had suggested it might not be Tatooine or there was a Super weapon that can take out Solar systems I would never have gone there.

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  7. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Potential ocean planet with an island with that irish island they will shoot at.

Satipo likes this.
  8. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    As good a guess as any at this point.

Maybe it's a stroke of genius to have people thinking it's Tatooine, but then gradually (perhaps suddenly) come to realize it's someplace different altogether. I would actually enjoy that realization. Wait a minute, this isn't what I thought it was at all! It would be pleasantly unsettling, IMHO. Pull the rug out, so to speak.

There's also a chance the 'desert set' will look a lot different from what we've seen. Getting back to Ridley. He did location shooting in Iceland, but digitally inserted background elements from different parts of the globe. The final product did not look much like the location where things were filmed.

Satipo likes this.
  9. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Whenever I see Island and JJ Abram I think of Lost!

Baron_Papanerd and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm of the thought now that the ice world in question is perhaps Mygeeto, featured briefly in ROTS. Mygeeto is a play on the word/town/mount of Megiddo found in the Gospel of Revelations in the New Testament. Megiddo is the root word for armageddon, which refers to the end times and the final battle between the Anti-Christ and a returned (in the flesh) Jesus. Perhaps MVS is the Anti-Christ and Luke....a returned Jesus?

It is an ice planet that has an interesting back story in the legends history of the GFFA.

[​IMG]

11. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    There's still a lot that can be done to make it not look like Tatooine: cgi-wizardry could add several planets looming in the horizon, alien flora, bizarre crystalline formations jutting out of the ground, etc. Other than that, there's absolutely no good reason to add another Tatooine-like planet into the saga. That just shows laziness and a lack of imagination. Lucas is on record saying that he regrets not making Geonosis more distinct from Tatooine.

12. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Wasn't that suppose to be ash and not snow falling?

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The so-called ice planet could be Stygeon Prime, first introduced in Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir and slated to appear as a Jedi prison in Rebels. Given the Sith and Imperial connections this planet has, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Palpatine had some sort of powerful superweapon constructed and hidden there.

Immortiss, Satipo and darklordoftech like this.
  15. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Love it!

Just hope they put up a temp, safety fence to prevent anyone from stumbling down a slope into the water. :)

Immortiss, CairnsTony and Satipo like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A lightsaber duel on the stairs in the first picture would be awesome. Heck throw in number 2 as well.

Immortiss, Satipo and darklordoftech like this.
  17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    skellig michael was also a monastery which is awesome. maybe "monk" luke trains people there. isolated and remote for meditative purposes just like real life.

Echo Base and KitsterAKABobaFett like this.
  18. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    What about the Isle of Skye? I hope they will combine the Scotland location with this Irish Island.

Great Star Wars environment. Ancient Celtic Druid ruins fit well with the Sith. [face_skull]

Immortiss likes this.
  19. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Another report where the sources insist the desert planet is not Tatooine.

A fair number of people were disappointed the movie was going back to Tatooine again. And I am certainly all for new planets, too. But this still is just weird to me since it looks so much like Tatooine. Hopefully they'll do some tinkering in post-production to differentiate it a bit.

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

I've thought this as well. Good shout.

Adi - I agree - it's a little odd to go to a desert planet that isn't Tatooine. So either there is a strong plot point for it or there will be some variation in post that the leaked pics haven't hinted at yet (for obvious reasons). Or the rumour is incorrect and it is just Tatooine.

Circular Logic likes this.
  21. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    It may look like Tatooine now, but maybe that's because they didn't add all the cgi stuff that will help differentiate it from the aforementioned planet.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Has there every been filming on Skellig? Seems like a difficult place to have a lot of filming equipment due to extremely steep inclines.

I wonder if they will be using the ancient ruins or if that is even a possibility. Seems like a neat place where Luke could be hiding and having lightsaber battles.

CairnsTony and Satipo like this.
  23. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Personally I'm pretty sure it'll start over "the desert planet", which may or may not be Tattooine. Perhaps there's a battle nearby where Boyega is shot down.

Satipo likes this.
  24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That makes a lot of sense. The saber could even be falling from a ship wrecked in that battle.

Darth Eddie likes this.
  25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    The ruins are Christian, however I share your sentiment about the beehive cells. They would look dead spooky on a misty day.

Dewback and Baron_Papanerd like this.