main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I would imagine that the 'Empire' still exists and there is an uneasy truce between them and the (Rebel) Alliance.

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

There is no valid reason. I can say that with confidence even at this point in time. No matter the story, we deserve to be shown new worlds.

Tatooine (though I'd prefer Dagobah) and Coruscant are logical returns. Everything else should be new.

AndyLGR likes this.
  3. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, a truce - at most. What was the condition between Russia and the West in the Cold War? Was that a "truce"?

4. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't want any of the planets from the previous movies to show up in the ST. I want those planets to be unique to those movies.

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

That scenario has been hinted at, I believe.

6. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Perhaps I phrased that badly - I was asking if there was an actual truce between Russia and America in the Cold War?

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    A mountain covered world would be interesting to see.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Mon Cal.

It won't be in Episode VII , but hopefully Rian Johnson will do it.

Supposedly Yavin is in the leaked/stolen concept art. Most disappointing.

9. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Alderaan.....

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's true...it does look like one.

11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Alderaan has already been destroyed... Mountain covered Asteroid? ;)

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I assumed you meant a planet completely covered in mountain ranges - Alderaan wasn't such.

13. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alderaan

Basically yes, was a planet covered in Mountain ranges, with grasslands in the valleys between.

[​IMG]

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, but I meant complete coverage in my response - this is what I assumed DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR meant, a planet that is entirely covered in mountains (no plains, valleys, oceans, etc.)

15. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Alderaan has no plains, and any planet with mountains has valleys, as it's impossible to have one without the other. A mountain without a valley is a plateau and is closer to a plain. ;)

As for no Oceans... come on, even Kashyyk has oceans and that's a tree covered planet. Chances are good if there is any sort of civilization, there will be oceans, they just don't have to be featured.

Even the Forrest Moon of Endor has oceans.
    [​IMG]

Kashyyk
    [​IMG]

So you don't need to take the ENTIRELY covered in Mountains thing quite so literal, as it just means in Star Wars talk, the landmasses are saturated with mountain ranges.

16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The picture of the Falcon near an ancient Temple is clearly Skellig, though.

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Why not? Mon Cal, Hoth, Tatooine, Mustafar. Star Wars has a lot of single environment worlds.

Granted there would have to valleys of a sort in mountain ranges, but not necessarily compatible with life or agriculture. No need to take my "valley" comment so literally ;) :p

te="Nipuhanipera, post: 51880573, member: 1383215"]The picture of the Falcon near an ancient Temple is clearly Skellig, though.[/quote]

I thought the "temple" was Yavin. Are you saying Skellig Michael is Yavin or the art showing the Falcon at a temple is not Yavin?

18. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Alderaan would still be considered a single environment world just as the others, as all they would show you are the Mountain ranges with grassy valley's... as we've ever seen.

The only place you would see the ocean would be in orbit, just as we had with Endor and Yavin IV.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or, in the case of Kamino and Mon Cala, it would be the islands that are generally only seen from orbit, few and far between.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Hoth, Tatooine, Mustafar, etc. never change. Alderaan and Naboo are more "normal" - they designed to be more hospitable so this suggests normal orbits, seasonal, change, etc.

21. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Does the backstory of Mon Cal suggest a landmass? None was shown in TCW. Where are the landmasses on Kamino?

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I would guess the same applies to other temperate planets and moons like the Forest Moon of Endor, Yavin IV, and Kashyyyk.

Would be interesting to see their polar forests.
    Both having a few islands, comes from the EU - though I'm not sure if any are visible in the space shots.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  23. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Doesn't Tatooine have a lake visible from orbit even? I know it is said to have 1% of the surface covered in water.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "Less than 1%" is the figure given on Wookieepedia. Don't know how much less. And if it's entirely in thin rivers and ponds, it might not be visible.

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, and that is a cool idea. Maybe there will be such a thing in the Hobbit/LotR inspired Ewok Trilogy spinoff I ray for each night before I lay my head to sleep ;)

I meant in the official database or encyclopaedias - though I suppose there is none at present.