main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I love the medieval vibe we're getting. But the exaggerated, cartoon Gothic that Burton employs is not something that appeals to me. Of course, just because the production designer worked for Burton, it doesn't mean he'll bring the same aesthetic to Star Wars. I suppose Rian Johnson would likely still call for an emphasis on realism, ala Abrams' current approach, and that of the OT.

TK327 and Master_Lok like this.
  2. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Thanks, Darth. Yes, it seems he posted it after I logged off. Would expect nothing more from a coward.

thejeditraitor and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Agree 100%. Production designers adapt to the films and filmmakers they're working with so I suspect we won't see the exaggerated gothic here either.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I agree that a Burtonesque gothic style wouldn't fit with SW. But I think Heinrichs' experience with that general aesthetic could be a great thing.

It doesn't look like Burton is the art director at any rate. That job appears to have gone to Todd Cherniawski

5. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I stand corrected: production designer and not art director.

6. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    double post.

7. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    DarthLightlyBruise Grow up and stop being petty with the inflammatory, snide remarks.. Get over it and move on. Quit harassing me with obnoxious Private Messages. I reported that lengthy abusive diatribe you sent me to one of the moderators.

DarthIshyZ - Who sent me the harassing, incendiary PM? Don't you think I have the right to expose the hypocrisy? FYI- it is well advised that you don't insert yourself into this matter with cheap shots- which only foment more animosity. I've notified the moderator of DarthLightlyBruise's harassing PMs (which he continues to send to me).

Can we be done with this and bury the hatchet and more forward now??

8. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    FYI- You unknowingly did me a favor by alerting the mods of that post which was a copy of DarthLightlyBruise's harassing PM. Cheers!

9. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    acroyear7

Harrassing? Really? That's what you call a genuine attempt at resolving conflict? I was trying to resolve a public spat in a private way, so as to not clutter the thread with nonsense, and to arrive at some measure of understanding. It was you that breached all standards of decency, and posted it on the public forum (something I would, and never will, do - not even the derisive PMs you have sent me thus far). But since you seem intent on mis-labeling my intent as "harrassment," I will go ahead and post it myself, to correct the polluted public record. To everyone else on this forum, I apologize in advance for this detour, and accept responsibility for dragging it out. But I simply can't let slanderous words and deeds stand.
    That's what I said, and I stand by every word. Acro's response? More childish vitriol and a defense of an indefensible act. You simply do not post someone else's PM publicly, and get away with it.

Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
  10. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    You just don't know when to stop, do you? Funny though, you lament that I posted your inflammatory private message, the mods take it down, then YOU repost it! LMAO. You conveniently don't post my 'vitriolic' responses to your never-ending barrage of private messages and how I told you stop and leave me alone. You are digging a hole for yourself. If you have any common sense, you'd let it drop.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd just like to add I'd like to see Coruscant again too... Ok bye.

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I would, too.

14. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    There are no signs that it'll be in this movie, let alone even mentioned. We'll have to wait until the other two sequels. If it doesn't show up in this trilogy, it could very well be featured in one of the Anthology films. A war-torn Coruscant seems more appealing the more I think about it.

15. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I'd be happy to see Coruscant and Yavin (which supposedly is in the movie) from previous movies.

Then we have Jakku and that cold forest planet (I think the snowy planet where we see the First Order Stormtroopers is probably the same planet where we saw Kylo Ren in the cold forest in the first teaser.)

16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Some other concepts of Had Abbadon from McQuarrie. My guess is that Johnson, and whoever directs Episode 9, are likely to keep looking to McQuarrie for inspiration. If so, it would be so great to see these come to life. Either as other parts of Coruscant, or as a world associated with the First Order (or, perhaps, a new Republic capital).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Redimet, Revanfan1, Messi and 2 others like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    DarthLightlyBruise I believe the first one was used for TCW. I remember thinking "McQuarrie!" when it first showed up.

18. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Awesome! Do you remember which episode? I've seen all of TCW, but I don't recall it.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The episode with Satine Kryze on the run on Coruscant.

20. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Right! Here's a still.

[​IMG]

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes. I loved that they put that in TCW.

22. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I'd also love to see a planet that features something like Wuhai in the Gobi desert. I imagine Jakku could be a slightly more varied place than Tatooine, and include some more vegetated (e.g. artificially-well-watered) spots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

Doesnt mean anything but it could be possible- if you havent seen this.
    "Coruscant - Episodes I, II, III, VI (added scene), and Vll - " SOURCE (which includes geonosis, bespin, naboo-weirdly not yavin tho...)

A planet of pants....i bet no one has seen that yet....may the pants be with you.

24. hilldill

hilldill Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2013
    How about a planet of hats as well?

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see not-yet-seen aspects of Moraband. I have wondered what it was like before it became a desolate rock. Were there ever rivers? Was there ever any grass or plants?