main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Planets/Worlds of Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Mostly Handless, Oct 6, 2017.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My guess is that among some of the stuff that's not being talked about is, at the very least at the ending, some kind of introduction to Jabba's crew. It's essentially the only story beat from Han's known past that's missing. Which makes Tatooine, even if only briefly in some kind of epilogue. (Not that Jabba and Greedo et. al. couldn't appear in some other context, but R1 suggests that these films are largely going to drop us off in familiar territory.)

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    There are reports that A.E. is on a three movie contract. With this movie happening (the last part at least) five to six years before ANH then it seems likely we won't end up on Tatooine. Not to say that Jabba won't be mentioned but the familiar territory in this movie is Han and Chewie in the Falcon heading off on new adventures.

Trikuza23, Siphonophore and wobbits like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The only thing I can think of other than appearing as Han would be if he is down to play Indy, which seems extremely unlikely. But what if we get both Lando and Boba anthology movies, Han could appear in those?

4. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I really don't think Boba or Lando movies are on the cards. The hook isn't big enough.

wobbits likes this.
  5. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    • Canto Bight
    • D’Qar
    • Eadu
    • Scarif
    • Starkiller Base
    • Takodana
    None of these planets are empty wastelands.

6. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm hoping that we see Coruscant appearing in the Solo movie... Since this insanely huge city-planet was featured in the prequels and this film will also take place before ANH, why not have Han and Chewie in some smuggling run in Coruscant? :p

Either that or another developed planet-place - Hosnian Prime? :cool:

7. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

GET IN!

[​IMG]

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Literally all of them are, except for some tiny outposts. Canto Bight is just one city on a wasteland planet too.

Jedi Knight Fett and dekaneas like this.
  9. Jozgar

Dec 20, 2015
    By that standard all of the OT worlds were wastelands as well.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would actually consider D'Qar, Eadu and Starkiller Base wastelands-there are many different kinds of wastelands, it doesn't just need to be desert climate. Simply having a Resistance, FO or Imperial base on the planet doesn't disqualify it from this IMO.

That said, I wouldn't say I have an issue with the planets really. I feel a wasteland planet can be appropriate in certain circumstances-but they shouldn't be SO hellbent on making every SW episode a "western" like some insist ANH was, that they forget that there are some heavily populated systems that are noteworthy as well. I think the point being made here is that such "busy and populated/advanced" planets shouldn't simply be banished mostly just to the PT and TCW series...and I agree with that-to an extent.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    my kind of scum likes this.
  11. Jozgar

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to see more populated worlds in the ST, just that the assertion that all the worlds in the new films are wastelands is incorrect.

12. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017
    The following is speculation based on an imperfect analysis.
    I've been thinking about the locations and how they might fit in with the plot...not sure if any of these have been mentioned before.

Some may recall a pic Ron H posted that had two Wookiees on a monitor in the background (in a vaguely intimate posture). I wonder if this is Kashyyyk? Perhaps the opening of the movie will see Chewie being separated from his family and transported off to be an Imperial slave?
    Yes, I know this incident probably happened around the end of the Republic/ROTS, but who says they can't start 8 years before we're introduced to an 18-year-old Han. It would help to show what happened to the Wookiees and provide an indication how long Chewie is a slave before he is released.

The next location would be Corellia, and our introduction to Han and Qi'ra. I imagine this is also where Han signs up for the Flight Academy, though there is something about Han's demeanour (and "disguise" of long coat and hat) with the Imperial recruitment officer that makes me thing he's run in there to get to get away from someone, perhaps the same people he is racing against and/or local enforcement officials (see the teaser).

Hopefully we'll get to see on action from the Flight Academy and why Han was "kicked out of [it] for having a mind of [his] own".

Which brings me to Mimban...

A lot of fan-rumour suggests Han and Chewie escape enslavement from Kessel. But if Kessel is going to make an appearance (and the Run), surely this would happen towards the end of the movie.
    There are also images of toy Han and Chewie in their "Mimban look", all muddied up and wearing shackles.

Perhaps after Han isn't just "kicked out" of the Academy for a misdemeanour. Perhaps he is dispatched to an Imperial penal garrison (I'm making this up) on Mimban, to serve out his indentured time with the Imperial military. The Wehrmacht had penal garrisons in WWII (thak you Sven Hassel), so there is a precedence. If Mimban is such a horrible place, why not use a penal garrison to control prisoners/slaves.
    This might explain why Han's Mimban costume is a soldier uniform but he is also in chains. Maybe he's chained up to Chewie for 4 years or so....which is how he learns how to understand Shyriwook and they begrudingly become friends.

My next guess is that this is where we are introduced to Beckett -- on Mimban, disguised as an Imperial (based on Lego figurine leaks), to "steal something" (hopefully not mud). This would be the first time Han and Chewie meet Beckett. Something something something....and they escape from Mimban with him.

Then we move onto the "train heist" scenario and the snowy-train-heist planet.

The kids book for "Solo" called "Train Heist" has the following synopsis:
    Han Solo and Chewbacca the Wookiee must team-up for a daring train heist on the planet Vandor!

Sorry this is so long. Been thinking about this for way too long...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    whostheBossk, Kole and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope they have an approach Shot of Corellia from space, showing the large dry docks in orbit above Corellia. :cool:

Lt. Hija and Corellian Blue like this.
  14. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That's a possibility, we know that we will see ships being constructed on the surface for sure.

15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
  16. Corellian Blue

Corellian Blue Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2017
    Blowing my own trumpet. Looks like I trumped MSW and SWNN by a good few days. Plus I knew this weeks before posting.:p

17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    You did indeed [face_party][face_dancing]. Reminds me of the time I found out about 'Lyra Erso', messaged them about my discovery only for them to credit one of their partner sites with the scoop a few days later.

Corellian Blue likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Mimban doesn't look like a pleasant spot to spend a few days. :cool:
    [​IMG]

dekaneas and Trikuza23 like this.
  19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Seems both the beach and the snowy mountains are on Vandor. Should be interesting.

Siphonophore likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I say this in every planet thread, but when will we have a planet where APES EVOLVE FROM MEN? GOTTA BE AN ANSWER

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I have scoured SWNN for that info but can't find it. I never discounted that possibility (you can see mountains in the beach background and out of the windows of Vos' place) but would like to know where it has been confirmed?

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It hasn't been confirmed. It just reached "speculation critical mass" somehow. I think it's due to some posters on Reddit and elsewhere noting that Han and Beckett have similar outfits in both locations, and that the Cloud-Riders are in both locations (and likely don't have a spaceship...). I don't know why people think the Cloud-Riders can't have a spaceship, but that idea seems to have caught on...

We'll see.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    isn't it the location in italy where they shot? the trenches near the 3 moutains (i don't remember the name)

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  25. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    So so far we have the following planets confirmed for Solo:
    • Corellia
    • Kessel
    • Mimban
    • Vandor
    Any more for any more?