main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets/Worlds Of The ST Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth JarJar, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Darth JarJar

Darth JarJar Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    We knew Tattoine, Naboo, Camino, Mustafar, Coruscant, Kashyyk, Dagobah, Hoth and finally Jakku, but the Galaxy has way more to offer?

Which Planet are you most curious about?

Here is my Toplist:

Corellia
    Mandalore
    Mon Calamari
    Dantooine

and of course Alderaan, but Alderaan is gone...

2. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    It all depends on the story. It would be cool to see some place new but then you're setting yourself up to come under fire from the CGI minimalists. But don't throw planets in that people want to see unless it actually is required by the story.

That being said, Corellia, Mon Calamari, Nar Shaddaa, Nal Hutta. It'd be kinda cool to see a world where the population lives beneath the surface like Ryloth. That would be something we've not seen before. Maybe something that's tidal locked, like the moon, but to it's star. One side is always light the other is always dark.

General_Kenobi896 likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Coruscant, Tython, and Moraband.

4. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Moriband and Mandalore are the unseen ones I'm most curious about. I would like Rey to see the old Jedi Temple at some point. Maybe delving into Palpatine's past on Naboo? (Though that might be saved for a comic book or something, which I would't mind.)

Overall, I'd like a good mixture of new sights and familiar places.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    id also like correlia. an maybe a planet that has more than one climate ne xD :p

6. DeanoMeisteR

DeanoMeisteR Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Not really a planet, but I want to see "one of the moons of bogden".

DavidSword79 likes this.
  7. Cabbage Knight

Cabbage Knight Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Corellia would seem logical to expect in the upcoming movie. For one thing, after Han's passing, I'd imagine Leia would hold some sort of memorial service on his home planet. Could see Lando paying his respects, even if he's not written to become a major player in galactic events afterwards. Rey could offer him the Falcon, but he refuses and tells her to treat it well. Does Han have any relatives on Corellia?

Isn't in one of the early sketches/concepts for TFA, a storyboard for an underwater Death Star wreckage? I'd like to see something similar to that on a water planet maybe. Maybe not a Death Star, but something other sort of wreckage that may have actually melted the planets ice caps and raised the ocean levels. After seeing so much Tatooine in the films, and now Jakku, I'm feeling a little dehydrated ;). Looks like somebody already suggested Mon Calamari, so I second that.

8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    My wishlist. I hope we see atleast one of these

-Stewjon
    -Sullust
    -Corellia
    -Moraband
    -Coruscant

9. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't think we need to see anywhere we have already seen. If they are going to go with a still functioning New Republic though, we will likely need to see Coruscant or some other bery urbanised planet if they go to the lengths of showing it.

10. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Nice suggestions with Mon Cala, Corellia, and Moraband.

And I especially like the idea of Mon Cala because its appearance could:

a. the underwater metropolis would give the ST a unique environmental setting that film audiences haven't experienced

b. really provide weight to the First Order if they conquered Mon Cala, one of the strongest and most highly advanced allies of the Republic/Resistance

11. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

Ord Mantel
    Bespin
    Mandalore
    Rakata Prime
    Nar Shadda

12. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Returning planets
    Coruscant
    Tatooine

New planets
    Nar Shaddaa
    Moraband
    Ord Mantell

13. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I like to see Correlia, Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa. And maybe a Planet where Humans can not breath the Atmosphere or one with less gravity.

CarboniteSolo and jc1138 like this.
  14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Hopefully planets we've seen before and can be better established. Not every new story needs a planet hall never be revisited again. One of the great things about Rebels is how they established Lothal, and don't just go to a new planet every episode.

jc1138 likes this.
  15. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Agree with you on Coruscant, but I'm kinda done with desert planets. I think they've been done to death. Yes, yes, they're barren worlds that no one would think to look for someone but I'm sure there's more interesting places we could visit. I would love to see Nar Shaddaa and Ord Mantell. I would imagine we'd see them in an Anthology movie like Boba Fett or Han Solo's movie. Like I've said in a previous post, I'm cool with seeing a planet if it fits the story but don't throw a planet in just to show it.

16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Well, we know for a fact that we're getting to see more of Ahch-To in Episode VIII, so that's one planet slot down. I'd wager we'll probably only see two or three other planets in the film beyond that.

Personally speaking, while I love Moraband and would love to finally see it on the big screen, I think it's probably not going to pop up in this film. It seems more likely that we're going to learn more about the lore of the Knights of Ren, rather than delve back into the Sith, so why go back to a world that is so heavily associated with them? However, as we're getting more and more nods to the lore of KOTOR, I think that visiting Malachor V would be a great substitute instead.

Beyond that, I would love to see that unused pirate world from the TFA artbook to be repurposed for this film. Honestly, I don't really want to revisit any of the old worlds in the saga. I'd rather see new worlds, or at least worlds that haven't been on the big screen yet.

17. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  18. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    most curious about Moraband.

If we see Coruscant I hope it's changed alot, perhaps become a slum planet or something.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  19. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    If you had a say in the upcoming sequels, which of the planets from the first 6 films would you want to see revisited in 8 & 9? It would be great to see how things have changed over the years.

Most planets had a situational function, like Hoth or Kamino, to be never seen again, but others like Tatooine or Coruscant were featured in more than one film and had a greater bearing in the saga. It would be interesting to see Coruscant again, perhaps looking more economically depressed (being the capital of the Republic/Empire certainly had positive economic impact), or even ending the saga where it all began, on Tatooine. And if we see Lando again, a return to Bespin would be certain.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Polis Massa
    2. Naboo.
    3. Coruscant.
    4. Maybe Tatooine.
    5. Maybe Yavin.
    6. Maybe Endor

sizziano likes this.
  21. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    For me, the two with long term impact and that would still be relevant are Coruscant and Tatooine, although Tatooine's remaining relevance is a stretch and would need something story-related to justify. Still, it is the planet of Anakin and Luke, so to me that always seems relevant. Also, Degobah. I dunno why.

I wouldn't mind a trip to Naboo if Luke and Leia decided to seek out family/heritage for some story-related reason. One thing we really missed out on is any movie reference to the twins' mother in connection with Luke and Leia. But I wouldn't care to see Naboo again in any unrelated capacity. While I love the Darth Jar Jar theory for fun, I don't actually want to see another gungan in a movie.

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think it would be cool if Luke takes Rey to that cave on Dagobah as part of her training during Episode VIII.

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    If not Bespin, a Bespin-esque planet. City in the clouds.

24. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.