main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Planning Ahead

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Episode III and Celebration 3 may be a long way off yet, but it's never too early to start planning, especially for costumes. ;)

So, here's the deal: Wesmin and I decided today that we should have themed costumes for the release of Ep. III and possibly Celebraton 3 (start saving your money ;) ) Wesmin came up with the example of having us being Imperial Royal Guards and someone being Palpy. Or, we could do something else if you can think of something. Let me know so we can start putting these costumes together. :)

2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    not a bad idea (I am NOT being Palpy ;) ), but it depends where it is...I don't think i'm gonna go cross-country for it, and I don't really have anything saved up, nor do I have a steady source of income.. :(

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awww, come on Crazed. You're the shortest one out of all of us...and Palpy is short. ;)

Anyway...about Celebration 3...I'm planning to have the Reading FF attend this one, since it will be the last one, most likely. We will try to save up money and maybe split the cost between everyone. If worse come to worse, we will all carpool and forget about airline tickets. But enough about this...it won't happen for another 3 years! ;)

4. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Good idea isn't it :) really though, I think it would look stupid if Palpsters gaurds were shorter then him.

5. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    sound like fun but in 3 years i'll be in college and might not even be living here.

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, all of us will be in college except Crazed. Sorry, Crazed! :p Anyway, Wesmin and I will still be around here because we're both planning on going to Kutztown.

But, 3 years is still a long way off...I guess we have to wait and see. :)

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    dang you Han, will you keep that icon for at least 2 weeks now?! :p

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll keep this one now until they upload another Han icon...how does that sound?

9. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    It's the Matt Tommas Icon!!!

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!!! The Matt Thomas Icon!!! I remember that!!

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I did some searching and I found some sites with Royal Guard tutorials.

So, I need a final word: Does the Imperial Guards and Palpy sound good? Or...does someone have something else in mind?

12. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    A couple of clone soldiers and jedi would be cool.

13. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Clone Troopers would be difficult to do.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Especially with vacuum forming all of that armor. But, that's the whole idea of plannning this early...so we have time to do the difficult stuff if needed.

15. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    If you guys need ideas for costumes, perhaps you can look at the costuming forum- ^_^ They have a lot of good ideas there.

16. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    the girl is right

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, my fellow Jedi, what's the deal with this? Are we going with the royal guards or trooper and Jedi or something totally different? Suggestions? Ideas? Anyone?!

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm am NOT being Palpy, that's for sure ;)

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I didn't say Palpy...maybe we could all go as royal guards or have one of us be Darth Vader or something.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think it's time to give this thread a boost. Now that we're official, I think it's time we continue the costume discussion for the future. Also, how does a costume meeting sound for sometime in the future?

21. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
  22. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    I think it's important that we really keep this discussion/thread up and running so that we will have great costumes by the time these events roll around.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    My thoughts exactly, Wesmin. I want costumes that rock for these events. They work well for charity and drawing new members as well. ;)

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    GRR!! I swear these boards hate me!

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It was just brought to my attention that there are gonna be some conventions around this region (Philly and New Jersey) and I was hoping to have costumes for these. Now, the Philly one (the one we will most likely be attending) isn't until Decemeber. What do you guys say about getting something together by then? We can have some costume workhops where we go out and get materials and then just have meetings where we work on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.