main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Planning Ahead

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...fourth post in a row on this thread...I think that's pretty sad. :p

Anyway, I just got an idea for costumes. Since we are the Reading Red Squadron, I think it best that we all go as rebel pilots. Now the fun part comes in with the helmets. We each get to paint our helmets to our liking so they are all unique...but the catch is, they will have the RRS symbol on it somewhere. Thoughts?

2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Umm...what exactly is our symbol? The Rebel Symbol and the X-Wing? (like on the icon?)

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm working on it. Right now the rough version of it is the red rebel symbol with "RRS" on top of it. You can see it in the banner thread. I have them set up as the add holders.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ah...yeah...I see ;)

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    umm...whatever :p

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Umm...you alright? :p

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh...hehe...I was on the wrong page :p

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Whatever, Crazed... :p

So, does everyone want me to start looking around for materials? Or, is there another idea that someone would like to throw out?

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    No, not really...go ahead ;)

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alrighty...I'll get back to everyone on costs and stuff like that. In order to do this, we'll all have to pitch in. So, I'm giving you all the heads up now.

11. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *runs in room*

*whacks Han on the head*

*marches backwards out of room, laughing hysterically*

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Um...what was the point of whacking me on the head, may I ask?

13. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    The thread was too quiet ;)

14. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    We should plan a meeting where we can all get together and get materials for our costumes... i don't know when I'd have enough free time though...

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That was exactly what I was thinking, Wesmin. I'll have to do some shopping around online first to see what I can find, though.

16. Strouther

Strouther Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    I recall seeing a site with instructions on making a realistic X-Wing pilot uniform, I'll see if I can find it again.

17. Strouther

Mar 29, 2003
    Found it: http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/xwing-pilot.html

In fact, in case you might think about doing other costumes, here's another link about costuming: http://www.spatcave.com/coslinks.htm

You can appreciate me later, lol.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the links, I'll have to check them out and see how much trouble we're getting ourselves into. :p

19. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    thanks for the links, the jedi pilot one is really helpful. Looks like we can make those for under $120 or so

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmmm...not bad. Considering that some of the costumes could cost up to $1000.

21. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, at least you have money coming in...I'm in the poor house :p

22. Strouther

Mar 29, 2003
    They look pretty good and cost-affordable.... but here's my quandary:

I don't do the costume thing. Call it the stereotypical testosterone-filled male ego, but I can't bring myself to do something like that. Not that I'm knocking it in any way; if people enjoy that sort of thing, go with it. It's kind of a neat idea actually. But it's just not for me. Hell, I'd find it difficult to wear a T-Shirt boasting something. I don't know, I'm probably making myself look bad, but all I am trying to say is this: I'm 6'3", 225 lbs of muscle, a jeans and white T-shirt kind of guy. I just can't wear a costume to a movie theatre. I'm sorry. :( But hey, I guess a convention would be a different story, I mean, everybody wears costumes to them. But I'd have to wear something not too involved, like Han Solo's gear or something. And hey, look, I'm really sorry if I've offended someone by this. This doesn't mean I'm any less of a Star Wars fan than any of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.