main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning and meetings ***PLEASE READ***

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bobafemme, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    As most of you know, FanForce requires three meeting before you become an official chapter. We require meetings to make sure that the group has enough oommph to keep going in planning, meet new people, learn more about eachothers strongpoints, and give a chance for everyone who wants to be involeved to meet. Not everyone can make the first meeting, but their input is still valuable to the group.

I think it's great that there is so much energy in this group. However, please wait until after your third meeting to start nominating your CR and naming your chapter. There may be a great person with fabulous ideas at your next meeting, or the third. If you have already planned everything, she or he won't have an opportunity to contribute.

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I totally understand, Bobafemme.. I guess we're just trying to get things done before Celebration 2 and AOTC.

If anything, the things we are deciding are just temporary until the final vote... That way we will have things narrowed down to what we want.. For example: We decided at our first meeting that our name would be "Wisconsin FanForce - The Milwookiee Council", and then at our third meeting we will do a final vote.

Please, don't judge us if we do things a little different.. Thanks for the info, and we do want to do things right (by the book). Also, any help is appreciated... Thanks..

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    (Important to read first -- This is only our opinion and does /not/ reflect the opinion of the group)

While I can appreciate the plea of hesitancy from Administrators, I'm sure they've seen this sort of gumption in other groups only to have it dwindle and burn out. However, kicking around ideas and starting polls for names isn't solidifying anything regarding the future of this soon to be official chapter.
    I'm sure that what most of us are looking for is a local group of folks with common interest and the title of official only is secondary. This Fan Board offers up the opportunity for just exactly that and I would prefer to be guided rather than restricted by even discussing the possibilites.
    BobaFemme, we're relatively new to this bulletin board system and we appreciate both your wisdom and experience but I say to you this, You weren't at our meeting and you didn't hear the solidarity of the group as well as the energy and raw potential for something positive. I would hope that is exactly the sort of thing the administrators of this established system are looking for in potential groups.
    I saw at least 10 people there that are willing to carry this thing on their backs and 10 more who've been looking for this for a long time. I'd ask you to excuse, understand and appreciate our enthusiasm, but please don't hinder us. For us it could take 10 meetings to be official and it would make no difference. From what I've seen, this group would meet that either way.

Marcy/She-Wampa
    (with nods from Dwayne/He-wampa)

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I am sorry that you feel I am hindering the group. My main concern is that everyone gets a chance to have their ideas and talents displayed. You all had a fabulous turn-out and media coverage, which means only more will attend your next meeting. If you feel that Milwaukee is an exception to the MW FF rules in becoming official, or I am hindering your progress, please contact MysterySith, the Global FanForce Administrator.

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I do not feel that we are an exception to the rule in any way. And I don't wish for a different moderator. I truly think you have our best interests at heart. We were in the process of choosing people to take over some of the operations and interests of the group, but not electing a city rep. I think that would be something we would decide in person upon receiving our official status. In the meantime however, I think it is safe to select leadership within our group so that we can work on becoming official in a guided fashion. I don't think that anything we decide now is concrete, it's an interim decision until we're established. But I did witness people at the meeting that seemed like leaders to me. I think its important to create a sense of excitement and guidance for the future to maintain an interest. I've been in groups that failed before. Yesterday we planned out future events like group screenings, field trips and other things. I think that right now we're all excited to be part of this group. Slowing down this kind of momentum would be kind of hard. We want to become official, and I think we're taking the steps towards it. We didn't mean to offend, and look forward to your continued guidance.

- Both Wampas

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    We have had almost total agreement on the Milwookiee name from the Milwaukee people. Their only debate is what we write after the name because they want the chance to play with the "Hoosier your Daddy, Luke?" part of it. The only dissent on the name (and this includes the people who just showed up on Saturday) was on the Wisconsin vs Milwookiee subject and that came only from myself, Quezone4 and Jedisister. There was a compromise made by using both names so as to allow for other "councils" in the state. (See the email I sent you, Bobafemme). I cautioned everyone on the name thing numerous times on Saturday because of our lack of officialdom and everyone just wanted to go with the temporary name so as to allay the fears of those who were debating it on the net. Note that all three of the dissenters were there on Saturday, so they were privy to the discussion. We are open to discussion and you said it can be changed even after we are official so it isn't really a problem from my viewpoint. We are not expecting you to change the rules for us or criticizing your leadership. We are just explaining our enthusiasm. When we met, we found that we are a very homogenous group with many talents that complement each other and we want to run with this. I guarantee that we will be official by the first night of Celebration2 in regard to fulfilling our meeting requirements so you only have to tolerate us in this in between state for a few more weeks.

7. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Regardless of our official status, we needed to have a "leader" of some type on Sturday, and we will for future meetings as well. We had over 30 people at the first meeting. Without a leader or moderator we would have had chaos.

Thanks for stepping up Tracey!

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Well speaking personally, I'm not going to walk on eggshells just because someone somewhere has a problem with the way things are being done. We have natural leaders in the group who can and will take charge when necessary. Frankly, I'm not concerned with official procedure, and I don't think any of us should have the goal of official status foremost in our minds. If we obsess on the destination, we lose focus on the path.

We will meet. We will talk. We will make decisions. We will get to know each other. That is all that matters.

9. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks, Mauler for the compliment. Bobafemme, as I mentioned in the PM to you, we are just very excited about this. As has been mentioned, we are just trying to see who is interested in leadership roles. Planning for events, especially w/all that is coming up, needs people to take charge. So, we are essentially trying to establish tempory leadership until after we are official and if others want roles in leadership, we will provide that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone will have their say in matters. Now and later. All decisions both now and when we are official will be group active and everyone involved both new and here from the start will be able to have their voices heard.

10. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    I think when starting a club or fan group like us strong leadership is the deciding factor to whether or not we take off or not. The first two or three meetings are the most important and probably wouldn?t succeed without a strong leadership. Luckily Tracey is just that. I realize the concern for being to quick to elect a leader but i propose that we elect Tracey as a interim leader until we are on are feet and then at that time all things considered we hold a new election for a more permanent Leadership roll.

11. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks Cruznseals2!! I knew there was only one way to get the meeting going and since no one else seemed interested in doing what was needed to get the ball rolling, I did what I had to do. I really want this fanforce to work. We met a great bunch of people and I think there are more out there. I'm trying to recruit more people to join us even now. I also know that some of us are quiet people who don't like to have to be in front of a group of people and aren't comfortable w/speaking in public, but to be honest, I'm quite used to it and enjoy doing so.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.