main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning the next FilmCon-2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Well it's that time again boys and girls. Yes I must start the annual..."am I nuts enough to do this again" meeting.

I am palnning on doing it within the next month. Most likely on a Saturday. I really want people to attend. I want to hear your thoughts and see if I can get you to VOLUNTEER!!!

Start thinking of things for programming. Yes there will be a 4, tenative set date of Oct.31st, Nov. 1 and 2.

Let me know what you would like to do-

Eric

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Just let me know when and where, Eric. I'll be more than happy to help out in some way or another.

3. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    "I'm with you to"

4. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Eric, I'll offer what assistance I can, and also do what I can to try to get Edgewood's art department involved. Could you also contact me for some questions because the art professor that I'd mentioned to you is interested in doing some talks with you and other people in the profession for classes.

5. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I don't know if I can make a Madison meeting but I am there for you, Eric. I will follow our fearless leader anywhere. Well, maybe not anywhere but certainly somewhere. Evan and I had a great time and I will help wherever you need it.

6. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Since the dates are still tentative, I'd like to mention that they're not likely to work for A LOT of the Minnesota folks. In addition to parents who have kids who will want to trick or treat, we were hoping to participate in a local parade that day.

7. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    Alright, alright!!!!

FilmCon 4 will not -REPEAT "NOT" be on Halloween this year!

I had so many emails begging me to change the dates, that I had to find new ones.

If we push it back it will have to be around Feb. this time next year- They do have Valentines weekend open, but I am looking at Jan. 31st-Feb. 2nd and the next weekend- also the last weekend in Feb.

Remember March madness- that insane sports month is coming up and ALL HOTELS are booked for that event!

So- How do those dates sound! O.K.? Pretty Good?

Let me know- Thanks again for all the support!

8. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    i am goona vote for the jan 31st option. Eric have you decied on goh this year at all.

9. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    For me, any date that is set far enough ahead of time is good....I just put it on my calendar and nothing else gets planned at that time. However, personally, I would prefer a Fall convention rather than early in the year due to our sometimes bad weather in Jan/Feb. The Oct31/Nov1&2 date would have been better IMHO even if it is Halloween for that and personal reasons - I have no kids and I don't normally do anything on Halloween. Think about it...that would give us adults 2 reasons to dress up at the convention - the convention itself and Halloween!

With that said - Eric, just set a date and go with it...as the saying goes, you can't please all the people all of the time. You are the boss and the guru of Filmcon so just do it! If you've made plans and lined up the hotel already then go for the Halloween date. I'll be there and I know many others who would be as well.

Let me know when you set a meeting for people to gather and bash ideas etc around...my weekends are pretty busy over the next month plus but maybe I can work something out....

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    They've announced the dates for Capricon 2004 as January 29, 30, 31, and February 1. Capricon is one of the big science fiction conventions in the Chicago area. Chicago Force always throws a big party there.

Phil

11. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Sounds like finding a good date is probably the hardest thing of all.
    With other conventions and holidays getting into the mix, there is really no good date to pick. Of course, I'm sure Eric is going by what is available at the hotel where the convention will be held. That just adds another twist to it all.
    So, I guess I'm with CaptMereel. Whatever Eric picks is what I'm going with.

By the way Eric, Mad Ison FF is planning to meet at the East Towne Mall around 6pm on Feb 21st. Maybe you could drop by to recruit help. I'll definitely put in a word or two while there.

12. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    hey eric its me brent i think whatever you do as far as dates go is fine id rather have it be sooner than later but it really doesnt matter i still got a costume to make and a lightsaber so i got some work to do before then but yeah sound good

forcebewitya!

13. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    Well how the heck are you?!

I will be having the meeting soon. on a Sat. or Sun.- You and everyone else is invited. Planning can never start to early.

As for conventions? I will be at Oddcon this April- at the same hotel in madison...then I am going to Convergence. In Minnesota. I would really like to take a group up there. The more the better- we have to register soon though. over 2000 go to this one.

So Brent there will be plenty of times for you to meet up with fellow fans and talk, trust me I was just like you- I became a convention junky...then I started my own con.

Talk to you soon- Eric

14. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ha to quote Shakespeare
    "The dates the thing to catch the consicence of the King"....or something like that. Keep us posted with what works for the Hotel!
    There are folks here who plan to be there!
    Reb

15. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    "The dates the thing to catch the consicence of the King."

I'll have to correct you, being the theatre major and Shakespeare freak that I am.

"The PLAY'S the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King."-- Hamlet

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    thanks Eric for the update hopefully I'll be at those conventions sounds fun

talk tou you later

FOrcebewitya!

17. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Personally, not that it counts for anything, but I would also prefer FC4 to be in the fall of 2003...

18. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Not that this counts for much either but...I would like to see more vendors.

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey i was wondering if Eric or any of you that are gonna be at the filmcon meeting this weeked when exactly it would be like a specific time if you could i would greatly appreciate it oh and Eric I was going through my old insiders and saw you interview that was very cool!

Forcebewitya!

20. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    The meeting is this weekend? Where did you get that info? It looks like it's still undecided...

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    well Eric said that it would be saturday or sunday so im assuming thats this sat or sunday

22. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    The meeting is not this weekend- NOT THIS WEEKEND.

I am also sorry for the date change but you have to see it my way- I have to balance the best guests with what is planned...so far it's Feb. next year-

I would love to have a fall one- big problem there is this stupid sport called football...and it has screwed up the entire time line this year!

Remember if you want to see it work- come to the meeting!!

To be announced soon!

the big E guy...

23. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    ...stupid sport called football...

*grumbles*

M

24. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I agree with Eric about football being stupid...but, then again, so is basketball, baseball and all those other sports where the athletes are so overpaid...and the fact that they pre-empt TV shows I watch...like Enterprise. This country revolves too much around professional sports...it's just not healthy.

Anyways, I still would have preferred a Fall Filmcon but, ces la vie! I guess it is February 2004.

25. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Oh, Just let us know the dates when you can!

Reb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.