main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning thread for new NJO AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Forget the Yuuzhan Vong...

Forget an indecisive Luke...

Forget a Sith Jacen...

This is the planning thread for an NJO AU, where the following people:

RK_Striker_JK_5
    padawanlost
    Flowerlady
    rebel_cheese
    DarthIshtar
    Charlemagne19
    ChildofWinds (Consultant)

will attempt to rewrite the NJO, using most of the same characters, but a new enemy.

The Charon

Nasty little freaks, eh?

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/2e/Charon_UAA.jpg]

This was born in the SOS Luke thread in resource. We were talking about how we'd do the NJO, and I posted this little gem of an idea:

"Lumiya's at Korriban and is pleading for help from the Sith spirits, but nothing doing. They're busy pantsing Darth Maul in the Sith afterlife or something like that. So she kicks around and finds this out-of-the-way temple and goes inside. The only thing there are a set of hyperspace coordinates. She enters them into her navcom and emerges in otherspace. the Charon, it turns out, are a Sith doomsday weapon, to be unleashed as a revenge weapon. They see her, recognize her as the last Sith and make her their queen.

Two years later, Luke's reformed the Jedi COuncil but hasn't appointed himself Grand MAster because... it's Luke. Jacen's matured, but isn't VP. He's trying to work up the nerve to ask Tenel Ka to marry him, you see. The Council's... Kam, Kyle, Streen, Dorsk 82, Kirana Ti, Cilghal, Leia-who is no longer CHief of State-and Tionne.

The Jedi are kinda finding their way, but they took Mon Mothma's advice. So Jaina's in the NRDF. Raynar's heading the Bornaryn Trade Fleet, Lusa's a healer... ETC. Everyone wants Luke to assume the title, but he's not sure he should.

And then there's reports of strange ships appearing in the Outer RIm, of bizarre aliens who descend upon a planet and kill all. And then they attack Coruscant, Corellia, Kuat, Bothuawi!

*With otherspace, it seems like you can just pop out wherever you want from it. Also solves the population problem. An entire reality of arachnoids, just wanting to kill.*

However, threy don't attack Yavin IV, or Ossus, or Dathomir. And the Jedi seem to do great against them. Luke notes that and leads a mission to capture one of their ships. He does, gets the hyperpsace coordinates for otherspace and it's on.

He leads the Jedi against the Charon and takes the fight to otherspace itself. He fights Lumiya, who did some self-experimenting on herself. Some of them might die, but it would be meaningful deaths, not the cannon-fodder killings of the NJO. Eventually Luke and Leia defeat Lumiya and the Charon Prophet of the Void and do some funky Force thing, sealing otherspace up from the GFFA permamently!

After a year of recovery, Jacen and Tenel Ka get married. And then in another ceremony, Luke gets appointed Grand Master by his council. No backing out, this time! "

rebel_cheese asked to be let in and... here we are.

Now, then. There's a rough idea of what we're doing, but so far that's all we've got. So, fellow authors, here's the deal. Feedback's gonna be essential from now on.

As it stands looks like this thing'll be split into 6 mini-fics, with each of us doing the main bit of writing for each one, with suggestions, concrit and the like from the other five.

Here's the info on the Charon that I PMed to you all:
    Appearance and Biology:Resembling a biological cross between arachnids and humanoids, Charon are thin, multi-limbed sentients. They have mandibular chelicerae on the sides of their small mouths and bulging, slit-pupiled eyes.

Like true arachnids, Charon can spin sticky silk strands that serve to trap victims and to provide latticwork structures that allow thre Charon to climb from place to place.

Temperament:Although there is little information regarding the psychology of the Charon, it appears they express no emotion save for the desire to destroy all life. In fact, they believe that it

2. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Sweet!

we have a home to plot our mayhem.

Though I'm nervous to pass out ideas here in light of spoilage, I think Vergere needs a real good death, preferably with dismemberment after she betrays some of the Jedi. In good conscience it should be Jacen that gets to do it (just for what she did to him in canon). I think she woul be a big fan of Lumiya's new friends.

More thoughts later. The gears are turning, but I've prescious little typing time at the moment.

:)

edits:spelling[face_tired]

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Hey, the Charon originally appeared in Otherspace and its sequel module Otherspace II. RK_Stryker (hey Jon) may not want to incorporate this but the modules chronicle at least two encounters with Charon before. The first time resulted in their discovery by Rebels that travelled to Otherspace via a hyperspace accident and the second time had a single ship of them escaping onto a Rebel safeworld where they were narrowly defeated.

The Charon also were mentioned in the Darkstryder campaign as potentially created by the mysterious Aing-Ti monks but since no continuity police are going to be hovering over our shoulders, we can just ignore this.

My personal suggestions for this thread shall go as follows.

* The Alternate NJO isn't meant to be a retelling of the Del Ray storyline except in the broadest strokes. Any elements you chose to bring in from it are strictly at the discretion of the poster. Until someone inserts here, Vergere and other elements are nonexistent.

* To help with the illusion of this being a book series. The books will be started by an opening crawl and name to the book given by one of the characters. With your permission, I'll do this.

* The AU NJO will be made of however many books people think it takes to complete the storyline. However, when the books reach 90,000-150,000 words then they come to a close. Most likely I suspect this will just be a trilogy or something similar.

* I believe someone should act as compiler for this project. We'll need an actual NJO Au thread to post in but this will be open for comments and so on that will somewhat distract from easy reading.

* At the risk of diminishing the fun, it's important to remember that these are singular books and to work with all the plot elements of previously established posts. Characterization is also important and if you feel you can't capture the work of someone else's portrayal then feel free to let them handle the scenes of such.

* Please be kind and comment on people's hard work. Be honest in criticism but this is pre-editing (if we choose to do such) and focus on what you like as well as whether you enjoy something or not. Any disagreements with characterization or portrayal should also be mentioned.

Divide thus a "Comment" post in the main thread as OOC and a fiction post as IC.

Any problems with this?

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    My personal suggested version of the beginning is this...

A Long Time Ago in a galaxy far far away....

[Page Break]

Star Wars

A New Threat

[Page Break]

Episode Seven

Peace and Prosperity has returned to the galaxy. Luke Skywalker and his Jedi Knights have slowly won the galaxy back from the remnants of the Empire. The last of their evil forces have surrendered and a strong NEW REPUBLIC has emerged from the ashes.

Lead by Luke and his sister Princess Leia, the NEW JEDI ORDER suffers birthing pains. The next generation of Jedi include many both arrogant and unaware of the sacrifices made by their parents. The twin heroes hope that the recreation of the JEDI COUNCIL can reign in the young magicians.

Chief amongst these rebellious Jedi is ANAKIN SOLO, the greatly powerful youngest child of Han Solo and his bride. Though not evil, Anakin and his cohorts resent the favored status of elder siblings JACEN and JAINA.

Though the ancient SITH have been extinguished, their servants have not yet departed from the universe. The cruel LUMIYA, a spy and assassin for the wicked EMPEROR PALPATINE, has survived and sought some way to restore her vile master's kingdom.

Journeying to the forbidden homeworld of the Sith in KORRIBAN, Lumiya has sought the counsel of the demonic DARK LORDS. It is through their power and knowledge that she hopes that the great government established by the Jedi can be brought to its knees....

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Hello Everyone!!!!

Thank you Jon for setting this up...

I'd like to be the first to say, Charlemagne19, that I absolutely love the opening...And I think that making these stories feel like the movies we all fell in love with is a great idea.

I propose that we even change the timeline of when the Charon enter the scene...I think that by moving the date up to possibly 30 ABY would be a good idea. Mainly because it will allow the young Jedi to be a little older than the Solo Twins' 16 and Anakin's 15 as when the NJO began. I also like the idea of the next generation being older so that we can use more of the characters in it. I know I'm not alone when I say that some of us love Valin Horn and Doran Tainer. I also know that I love the Antilles girls.

The opening chapters could be a sort of backstory...explaining how the Jedi are "losing their way" so to speak as Charlemagne19 so eloquently stated in his opener. The bam! The Charon come onto the scene.

I have to admit I enjoyed the NJO and I liked how we as readers leared about the Vong as the Jedi did. I think that's a great way to keep the reader coming back and I think we could do that with the Charon as well. You know what I mean, we don't show all of our cards at first. Just give the reader what they need to know at that time but keep them mysterous.

I think we should keep the original parings of Anakin/Tahiri and Jacen/Tenel Ka. I really liked the idea of Kyp Durron and Alex Winger. It's new, its different and Alex is a canon character that has been totally forgotten about. Now for Jaina. Personally I don't care who we pair her with if we pair her with anyone. I do perfer Jag over Zekk but I can ship either one of them. Or we can create a trianlge as there is in canon but without Kyp. Or we could create a totally new character for her.

Well, anyway, these are my thoughts...***shruggs***

Sara
    FL @};-

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Thanks Flowers!

I have some ideas for Jaina that I'd like to explore romance wise.

RK_Stryker gets to veto anything though because the YJK are hers to play with.

But yes, I like forwarding it to 30 ABY because it also allows the heroes to be used to a relative sense of peace after the victory in Visions of the Future. Nothing has really happened in over a decade and everyone is somewhat relaxed despite the Jedi's vigilance.

Also, Ben can be born a bit earlier. Perhaps a year after Union.

;-)

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Korriban

Lumiya felt at home amongst the dead. Once she had been a woman. She had known the taste of food, the warmth of sunlight, and the touch of a lover. The walking corpse of machine parts animating the neurons of dead flesh was only able to remember those things now. Her breathing could be heard with every movement. The assassin could mute the volume of her mechanical lungs as to move silently but usually she left them loud. The unholy rasping was comforting to her. It sounded like the breath of her 'father' in Darth Vader. Though Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa were the only blood children of Anakin Skywalker, Lumiya was the child that the Dark Lord had raised.

Shira Brie had been the name that she had been born with. From her records, Lumiya had learned that she been the daughter of shopkeepers. One of the last children tested in the old way of the Jedi for a high midiclorian count. Shira Brie had no idea what the strange microscopic symbiotes had to do with the mystical divinity that the Jedi worshiped but they had been her condemnation. Palpatine had ordered every child but the strongest amongst them slain in a massive pogrom. The Jedi only took a few hundred children every year into their ranks yet the Emperor slew millions until it seemed there would be no new force sensitives born.

She had been raised on the Emperor's estates where every day was training. COMPNOR tutors had rigorously drilled her in everything from ancient history to astrogation. When she was old enough, she had been given over to Imperial Intelligence to train as an operative. Lumiya had learned how to kill from a sniper's position before her first kiss. When she was a fully grown woman, Shira Brie had all of the training of a graduate from every field in the Imperial service. That had been when the Emperor had presented her as a gift to Darth Vader.

Do whatever he says my child. The thought of the Emperor's words resounded in her ears while she crawled along the sheer surface of the Korriban tombs with her metallic hands. The Dark Side had claimed more of her body as the decades had gone by. Like a rotting cancer; her hatred had taken away all but her perfect head, shoulders, and some of her internal organs. The entrance to the tomb of the Sith Lords that she sought was hidden behind the ear of the two hundred foot tall stone monolith that she climbed. Her starship had been forced to settle down miles away. Technology was never reliable on Korriban. It was a risk to come here for someone that depended on machines to live.

Darth Vader had provided her life meaning. In the Dark Side of the Force she had found value. The chance to rule over those she had simply obeyed from childhood. Shira Brie had become Lumiya after completing her Sith Adept training. The training had been kept secret from even the Emperor for she might have eventually become Lord Vader's apprentice. It would have sealed her death if Palpatine had known yet she had risked it. Lord Vader had required only one thing in exchange for this service.

Bring me Luke Skywalker. Alive and undamaged. Lord Vader had commanded her. Shira had not yet known about the Dark Lord's blood connection to Luke Skywalker. Shira Brie had only known him as a great Rebel warrior. It had not been difficult to join the Rebellion and work her way through the ranks. The deaths of hundreds of Imperials had been sanctioned by the Dark Lord in exchange for bringing him Skywalker. Shira's skills had distinguished herself on countless occasions. Lumiya had assumed that Luke would notice her red hair, her sparkling green eyes, and the need to be comforted over tragedies she'd made up for her past.

The Son of Anakin Skywalker had proven a gentleman. Lumiya could not deny that she had become fascinated with her object of seduction. They had spent many romantic evenings together and it had become something more than a mission. In the end, Lumiya had suffered an ironic justice. They had flown into a nest of TIE fighters while undercover and

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love the opening bit of being at home amongst the dead.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Just popping in before I head off for the night. I'll reply to everyone tomorrow...

Charlemagne... that was beautiful. Absolutely kriffin' beautiful. Dude, you rock.

And now to sleep.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: You'll all welcome to disregard this but I got bored writing my celtic mythology novel for a bit. Curse you addictive fanfic.

I know we haven't begun yet but I couldn't resist sharing

Yavin IV

Ben Skywalker sat beside his childhood friend Nayami as the two of them read in the vast expanse of green grass about the Grand Jedi Academy. The nine year old boy had red-gold hair that could come after his mothers or fathers depending on the lighting. He dressed in brown Jedi padawan robes and had a databook in his lap that he was gazing intently into. It was the adventures of an outlaw Corellian bandit that robbed from the rich and gave to the poor. A lightsaber was tied to Ben's robes at his side even as none of the other children his age were permitted such an object.

Luke Skywalker was standing just to the side away from his son and trying to figure a way to coax him from his books. The Jedi Master loved his son and the feeling was amply returned but Ben was....studious. It was ironic that he was complaining about what most parents dreamed of their kids being. Luke had been an active child with stick ball, womp rat hunting with his Uncle, and sneaking down to the podraces that were held in Mos Espa. Ben just devoured one book after another.

Part of it had to do with the influence of his Arkanian friend beside him. Nayami was human except for the strange red tint to her eyes, pale, and short blue hair that had been the result of genetic tampering. The same age as Ben, she was a genius in mathmatics that some professors might have envied. Luke had not suspected that the two would hit it off so well and become inseperable. The whole idea of his son being a genius took some getting used to. Ben's subdued childhood had taken him by surprise. He'd gotten used to parenthood being one adventure after another thanks to the manic youths of Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.

"He sort of resembles your father doesn't he?" Mara Jade walked up beside her husband and took his arm. "From the holos that you found of the Boonta Eve classic."

"Most people would be a bit unnerved by that comparison," Luke joked as he took a moment to gaze around at the vast Praxeum that had emerged in the twenty three years since the institution's founding. The original class had been twelve students but there were well over of a hundred students here at any given now. Yavin IV wasn't the only Jedi Academy anymore either. They had erected one on Coruscant, Dantooine, Ossus, and even Vjun. The former Dark Side academy of Darth Vader had been transformed into a place for those interested in testing themselves against the worst conditions had become a home for many Jedi.

"I'm not most women," Mara threw back her long scarlet hair before wrapping her arms around Luke's neck. Mara eschewed the traditional uniforms of the Jedi for a green dress that reminded Luke of the ancient Jedi Nomi Sunrider. Though both Luke and Mara were in their fifties, the power of the Force combined with healthy living had left little toll on their features. People routinely mistook them for people twenty years younger and Jedi Master Skywalker had occasionally been forced to point out that his wife wasn't available to lovestruck young padawans.

"Have you decided who will be Ben's master?" Mara looked over to her son "He passed the Initiation rites with flying colors. Jacen's class had to wait until they were nearly sixteen."

Luke looked over to Mara "They were KNIGHTS when they were sixteen Mara. We didn't have levels of graduation back then. Besides, Ben is still a kid and has much to learn about the Living Force. I'm not sure about who to assign him."

Mara sighed "Everyone wants to train the Grand Master's son."

Luke scoffed at the title before rolling his eyes. The blonde haired Jedi Master crossed his arms and said "Don't call me that. We haven't reformed the Jedi Council yet. The Grand Master position isn't something that I necessarily want. It's also just a title of respect. First amongst equals. Master

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: And one more for the road.

I won't do any more until everyone has stated where they want to go with characters and ideas. Also, who wants who.

I, for example, will remove Valin from this post if it doesn't fit their conception. I would like to do Lumiya and Anakin though.

IC:

Dreadnaught-class cruiser
    Reaper

Anakin Solo was on both knees, sweating, a crazed grin on his face with twenty fully armored Mandalorian warriors surrounding him with blaster rifles. His lightsaber was three feet from him and disignited. This had the makings of an extraordinarily good day for him.

Commander Bhaal Krell, wearing a red warsuit halfway between Boba Fett's armor and an ARC troopers, said "Give up Jedi. You're trapped alone with us."

Anakin grunted after having taken six blows with a force pikes' electrical charge. The Jedi Knight had managed to reduce their lethality to merely stun level. The tremendous pain that should have knocked him out had merely been channeled into strength. Slowly moving his fingers around his thumb, he proceeded to break it in order to concentrate the pain in order to keep himself awake. Between heavy and angry breaths, the warrior said slowly "No.....you're trapped alone with me."

The crimson lightsaber blade ignited before it flew into his hands even as it spun around through the chests of six warriors. The spinning attack came with such lightning speed that they were dead before they could pull the triggers on the energy guns pointed directly at their supposed prisoner. The Jedi Knight leapt into the air before spinning in a sommersault that propelled him past a mountain of crates some fourteen feet high behind them.

The Death Lords of the Expanse were one of the most ruthless Para-Mandalorian Pirate Groups in the Republic. They were number three on the Galactic Wanted List for crimes ranging from slavery and war profiteering to genocide. The new Mandalore in Boba Fett was known as a ruthless tyrant and a sociopath but even he had declared them shunned from the Mandalorian race. The Republic had given up trying to pursue them thanks to three seperate fleet excursions being sent home as space dust. It took an absolute lunatic to go after them.

Thankfully, the Galactic Republic had one.

Anakin Solo had a simple policy since he'd broken ranks with the Jedi Order at nineteen. For the past five years, it had been his mantra. If you killed a man for no reason, if you harmed a child, if you did unspeakable deeds...then you had to die. Anakin Solo had taken the Republic's list of the most egrevious offenders in the galaxy. Monsters every last one of them. He'd taken that list and started moving down through it one by one. Sometimes, he'd let the law handle it. More often, you could find the traces of his handiwork scattered across three or four sectors. It wasn't the Jedi way but it felt right to Anakin.

His current predicament had him in the cargo hold of the Death Lord's flagship. The infiltration had gone reasonably well as his team had moved to disable the hyperdrive, weapons systems, and shields before the Republic moved in on the rest of their fleet. Then Anakin had stumbled onto one of the Death Lord's pleasure dens and he'd gone into an insane frenzy. Rage was not the Jedi way but how could one not feel it when faced with the things that animals like the Death Lords were capable of?

I'm not the only Jedi that feels this way either. Anakin lifted his left hand and pushed out with telekentic force equal to a speeding up starship. The Mandalorians on the other side of the crates that were suddenly thrown forward like bullets didn't have time to scream before they were crushed to death. Anakin's lethal Form V fighting style reflected back the blaster bolts of the surprised survivors as he pressed his advantage to take the attack against his enemies.

"Ten," Anakin stabbed Bhaal Krell through the chest as he used the Mandalorian's corpse as a shield while dissapating the blaster energy across his body. Anakin made

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Walks in, yawning slightly*

Well, this is nice. :D First I'll respond, then I'll give my own thoughts. Sad part is they coincide with a lot of what everyone else is saying. :p

adawanlost:
    Sweet!

we have a home to plot our mayhem.

Glad you approve. :)

Though I'm nervous to pass out ideas here in light of spoilage,
    *Sigh* I know, I know. ^_^. I wish there was some other way, myself. But sending all those PMs like that was giving me a headache. And now we can all be on the same page... so to speak.

I think Vergere needs a real good death, preferably with dismemberment after she betrays some of the Jedi. In good conscience it should be Jacen that gets to do it (just for what she did to him in canon).
    Hmm. Not entirely sure how Vergere could show up in that manner. Or even show up period.

I think she woul be a big fan of Lumiya's new friends.
    Oh, yes. She'd love them.

Charlemagne19:
    Hey, the Charon originally appeared in Otherspace and its sequel module Otherspace II. RK_Stryker (hey Jon) may not want to incorporate this but the modules chronicle at least two encounters with Charon before. The first time resulted in their discovery by Rebels that travelled to Otherspace via a hyperspace accident and the second time had a single ship of them escaping onto a Rebel safeworld where they were narrowly defeated.
    Hmm, thanks for that. I could see maybe some grizzled old vet seeing them as thay attack and almost going catatonic. "Not again, not again..." Then at least the NR would have a name for them.

The Charon also were mentioned in the Darkstryder campaign as potentially created by the mysterious Aing-Ti monks but since no continuity police are going to be hovering over our shoulders, we can just ignore this.
    No continuity police, just us. :p Ah, no. I think we can ignore the Aing-Ti connection, there.

* The Alternate NJO isn't meant to be a retelling of the Del Ray storyline except in the broadest strokes. Any elements you chose to bring in from it are strictly at the discretion of the poster. Until someone inserts here, Vergere and other elements are nonexistent.

I don't mind that too much, but I will be using Jedi like Alema, Numa, Ganner and the like. And yes, even Jagged Fel. ;) Still, yeah. Until they're put to screen, they're not 'there'.

* To help with the illusion of this being a book series. The books will be started by an opening crawl and name to the book given by one of the characters. With your permission, I'll do this.
    I like that idea. :) Maybe have the crawl written in the 'voice' of the character.

* The AU NJO will be made of however many books people think it takes to complete the storyline. However, when the books reach 90,000-150,000 words then they come to a close. Most likely I suspect this will just be a trilogy or something similar.

Yeah. Not too long, or too short. But enough.

* I believe someone should act as compiler for this project. We'll need an actual NJO Au thread to post in but this will be open for comments and so on that will somewhat distract from easy reading.
    Well, yeah. Usually here, we plan here, edit the posts and then put them up in the appropriate forum, in a single thread for this, methinks.

* At the risk of diminishing the fun, it's important to remember that these are singular books and to work with all the plot elements of previously established posts. Characterization is also important and if you feel you can't capture the work of someone else's portrayal then feel free to let them handle the scenes of such.
    Yeah. That was one of the biggest gripes I had with the post-YJK EU. Completely inconsistent form book to book. Sometimes within the same book. That's one of the biggest reasons for this thread.

Please be kind and comment on people's hard work. Be honest in criticism but this is pre-editing (if we choose to do such) and focus on what you like as well as whether you enjoy something or not. Any disagree

13. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    Yeah, good point there. Bring a bit of the OT feel back, but still going forward.
    Thanks...

I think we all know my opinion on J/TK. ;) Yes, those two will almost certainly be getting married here.
    I'd like that...

Jaina... I'll go with her and Jag. I don't mind that, at least. Although I'm interested to hear Charles' ideas about her.
    I'd like to see his ideas too...

Charlemagne19:
    I loved the part with Lumiya...

I loved Ben being older in this...and him being studious...great idea.

And I agree with RK_Striker_JK_5, that's who I'd see as making up the council too...Oh and Leia being a Master...Love it!!!! I always thought Profic cheated her...

Okay, Now about the third part with Anakin...
    I actually like the idea of the rogue Jedi...And I actually love the idea of the Sakana/Tahiri/Anakin thing...nice twist...But then I'm a sucker for love triangles...:p

And I most definitively like Valin being an active character in this...But I do have a suggestion, please don't take this wrong...It's just I'm a really big Valin fan and have my own ideas about his character. First, Since Valin is only four (maybe five years depending on who you believe) years younger than the Solo Twins, I don't think Jacen should be his Master. I don't like the idea of his peer training him. I'd rather have Corran be his Master or even Kyle or Kam, but not Jacen. Sorry. I personally hate the fact that Valin is always made out to be something of an odd ball or younger than he is because he is pretty much ignored by Profic. I know I've explained in my fics that his Knighting came late because of the Vong war, but we are re-writing that. So, why would Valin Horn's training not be on par with Tahiri's, who was at the Accademy at the same time. He is only a year (possibly two) younger than she, after all. Just a thought...:)
    Now, about him being a spy for the Order...I can see this, but I like to think of Valin as being more stubborn and having a mind of his own...I like this idea of him spying but I think we could make Valin have his own ideas of what Anakin and Co is doing...Maybe, he may not agree with Anakin's tactics but agrees with what Anakin is doing...***shrugs***
    I do like the idea of his interest in Sakana too but I'd like to explore a possible romance between him and Syal Antilles...

FL @};-

14. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I've been reading everything, but I'll get to it all in the next post. This is my personal take on the storyline, and it assumes we're picking this off at the 25 ABY mark at the beginning of Vector Prime. I've kept some things vague so it is open for multiple and better interpretations.

Note that I'm trying to make the story slightly more complex and add an aura of suspense and mystery.

I have completed two posts, this is post one. I have two titles for each chapter, one is the obvious, and primary meaning, the title set up like [this] is the secondary, or hidden meaning. It's a trick that the Fafner anime` uses and I wanted to give it a shot.

[b]I: Emergence [Question][/b]

The white blur of hyperspace shone endlessly around Boba Fett's eyes, carefully shielded behind the visor of his infamous green Mandolorian helmet, as the [i]Slave I[/i] flew on behind his prey. He was an fatigued, irascible man right now. His quarry had already droven him to great lengths and trouble, far beyond even the copious award that the Osarians had given him.

All of this bother to capture, or kill this man named Nom Anor. He had managed to continously elude Fett throughout the last several days, somehow managing to find a rough, relatively obscure lane here, or briefly hide on a planet there. But it was a testament to Fett's ostounding ability as a tracker and bounty hunter that he had kept pace with his prey. And now, after this final jump, which was carrying Anor beyond the Corporate Sector to the farthest regions of the galaxy, he would finally be in position to finally disable Anor's ship, or kill him if necessary.

He just wanted to collect his bounty and return back to his usual hunting grounds. For the next month, after he accepted the Osarian reward, minus the handmaiden the Osarians had [i]insisted[/i] on offering a man of his 'great stature', he was just going to relax, or go on easier hunts. This one had been too much trouble, was too conniving and stealthy. Boba Fett, like so many other people in this galaxy, was finally getting too old for his job, and he was [i]sick[/i] of this particular individual. Even though it meant a smaller reward and being without the maiden he didn't particularly desire, Fett wondered if he would kill this man once they left hyperspace purely out of spite and lassitude.

No, he quickly decided, shunting those dishonorable thoughts aside. To give in to weakness was something he had never done before, and he sure wasn't going to start now. In a way, a man of great challenge like Nom Anor was forcing Fett to remain alert, wary. Giving Fett an experience he hadn't found for decades, not since the days where he pursued Han Solo, a energetic, competent challenge in his own right.

He checked his tactical display. They were actually [i]leaving[/i] the known galaxy space, they were beginning to enter the eternal, almost-infinite void outside of this known microverse. The Osarians had definitely not paid him enough for this now, but he would continue. He needed the credits, and he was a man of his word, however much that meant these days.

He sighed as he spotted a quick change on his sensors. Anor was beginning to slow down. If Fett did not begin to slow as well, he would risk overshooting Anor. This was a trick Anor had attempted multiple times, but none of them had successfully fooled Fett. These were amateurish moves, and for Anor to continue believing those manuevers would shake him free of his bounty collector he was sorely mistaken, and far more incompetent that Fett had been figuring.

If that was true Fett was truly getting way too old for this.

Ignoring that unpleasant sentiment, Fett slowed down, and watched as the lone bright white blur began to break apart, with first blue stripes slicing along the white. Then the blue became black, as the white slowly peeled and shrank away into stripes, then solitary, distant stars. Mostly to his left, Fett noticed.

They hadn't truly left the galaxy, but they were definitely on the barren outs

15. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    II: Warning [Farewell]

Danni Quee stared out at Belkadan's gorgeous sunset. She would always walk out to the western terra-tower, and stare at the sunrays filtering through the thirty-meter dalloralla trees. She cherished these secluded moments of serenity, for these sunsets were not only spectacular, but they reminded her of what she was doing-and how she was finally surrounded by peace after spending much of her life on an overcrowded planet.

She had been on this planet for three years, and was one of the few original members of ExGal-4 outpost to remain here. ExGal Society was always underfunded, and their supply and replacement ships were always few and far between, but despite those minor annoyances, Danni didn't regret her decision for even a moment. The last three years, despite a lack of success that was mocked continously by ordinary civilians and unimaginative politics, had been pretty close to bliss for her. She loved being out here and enjoy the lack of commotion and stare out towards the rest of space.

But at the same time, she understood those who decried ExGal's mission as a waste of time and credits. There was always figments of doubt forming within her mind, wondering why she had chosen this particular career path. Lately, she had seemed to be resisting the advances of bored, and testosterone-filled, young men at the station. She was one of the four women at the station, the remaining eleven all men, all human. Not all of these men were original members like her, and didn't share the respect the remaining originals had for Danni Quee. For despite her youth at twenty-one standard years of age, she had emerged as one of the leaders of the Belkadan branch, and for good reason.

She missed those heady, adventurous, work-filled days of the first year. Red-crested cougars would occasionally raid the station, looking for appetizing morsels of humanoid flesh to devour. They had built a walled fort of a base, holding Belkadan's wildlife out. They had assembled a fresh-water well, and had planted several gardens and constructed an animal pen for the meat-lovers on the station.

I miss those days, she thought as she brushed a blonde curl away from her right eye. When we were all out here full of hope and exuberance and we all thought we'd find something that would change the whole galaxy.

But that day hadn't arrived, and she wondered if it would ever come. Many civilizations throughout galactic history had assembled similiar stations and devices without discovering a single damned being. Even though she was out here, on the absolute fringe of the galaxy, on the outskirts of all that was familiar and civilized, she had yet to find even a strange burst of static from the satellites.

Only silence.

A red-crested cougar let out a lengthy, gravel-like growl in the distance, signaling twilight's emergence . . . and the time to get back to the base. The scientists in the towers activated their lights, and she wished it was her turn to occupy one of the towers They had to be constantly alert, and watch for predators trying to leap over the walls via the trees. Two of the original members two years ago had been badly wounded in such an incident, and the crew here hadn't wanted to commit the same error.

Then she heard the faint shuffling of footsteps. Running footsteps. Danni rose from her back and looked out towards her left, watching Bensin Tomri rushing forward, extremely winded despite the relatively short run from the Exgal building to the outer wall. Well, at least it was short for her, Danni thought, momentarily proud of the endurance and strength she had garnered over the three years here. Tomri had come after the base's construction, and as a result hadn't received the countless hours of physical labor and exercise Danni had to do, and had little need or reason to maintain the elite level of fitness that the original members had. It was a lesson Tomri would learn the moment someone didn't blast a predator before it leapt over the wall, or t

16. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Jon:

1. Lusa does not die. Small, I know... but I think most here know my feelings on her.

Oh, I certainly know it. ;) I think we can do it, I don't really mind either way.

2. Jacen and Tenel Ka get married. Anyone surprised here? No? Good.

Not surprised at all. Like A/T and J/J, it seems like a relationship that is simply meant to be.

3. I do not want 'cruiser analog' or 'corvette analog' for the Charon ships. Charles, if you've got any info on what they fly, then please share. If not, then I think perhaps we come up with about 6-7 capital ships and 2 types of fighters. Rebel_cheese mentioned having them be dragon-like.

Yeah, let's save the 'analog' stuff for the NR.

4. Like I said, please share your ideas about Jaina's love life, Charles. Like I said, I'll go J/J here.

It seems we will be going J/J, with kyp/Alex in there and we haven't decided what to do with Zekk yet (most likely kill him off at this moment).

Flowerlady:

I loved the part with Lumiya...

I did too. [face_devil] Charles is the pro here and he shows why . . .

I loved Ben being older in this...and him being studious...great idea.

Not a bad idea either. Yes, Ben should be intelligent and serious. But I've always liked the idea of Ben and Jys running around the Errant Venture and driving Booster crazy with their antics. :p

And I agree with RK_Striker_JK_5, that's who I'd see as making up the council too...Oh and Leia being a Master...Love it!!!! I always thought Profic cheated her...

I incorporated that somewhat in my posts. But I don't think that Leia should suddenly become a Jedi Master, but she could be in position to be considered. Remember, she was Chief of State for some time, her skills aren't exactly top-notch . . .

Okay, Now about the third part with Anakin...
    I actually like the idea of the rogue Jedi...And I actually love the idea of the Sakana/Tahiri/Anakin thing...nice twist...But then I'm a sucker for love triangles...

Oh yeah, that was awesome. I'm a sucker for love triangles too, and with J/Tk and J/J seemingly secure the only one possible is a A/T/OC.

And I like the idea of Valin making a major appearence too. :D

Those were some good, intense posts there Charles. Sweet work.

But here my personal opinion on some of this, and clears up why some of my posts were written the way they were:

1. I really think some of this fic should take place in 25 ABY just so we can get the Vong obliterated and out of the way without de-canonizing Rogue Planet. The book holds special significance for me . . .

2. Someone should get captured by the Charon but not completely assimiliated or 'converted', however we want to take this, but rather 'contaminated'. It would create an interesting moral dynamic, because is the person truly still human, or is he/she a Charon threat just waiting to happen. And the character might end up believing some of the Death Cult stuff too. We might also get people converted to the Light Cult too, except those would be more voluntary. I was thinking of Danni Quee being the 'contaminated' person, or at least the main character of those.

3. Someone else from the OT will likely have to die. padawanlost spoke of possibly killing Luke in one of her PMs to me, and this could end up complicating the Jedi and their decisions, for Corran and Kyp are both obvious successors and are both on the opposite sides of many issues.

4. We should really get the Light Cult involved, they can be like our 'Shamed Ones'. However, like the Shamed (or the Extolled as they became in DNT), they aren't 'good guys' per se.

5. We can possibly involve a Vong remnant in an uneasy alliance with the NR. One of those 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' sort of deal. With the Vong being rather grotesque in appearence and behavior, we'd have another interesting political and moral dynamic and possibility here.

6. We will most likely have to have Coruscan

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Rebel Cheese

1. I'm going to be controversial here and do think the Yuuzhan Vong's role in the galaxy should be decannonized. Mostly because the AU aspect of the story is going to be taking most of the elements of the NJO and essentially giving most of the elements to the Charon.

I think the biggest theme of this book is "What would the galaxy have become if the universe hadn't been wrecked by the Vong?"

Vergere might have been taken by Charon scouts for example.

2. Rebel Cheese, that was a great two parts there and I must confess all of it was extremely well written. A definite pat on the back for you my friend. The death of Boba Fett was very well written. Excellent bit with Yomin Carr too.

3. If we want to incorporate both I figure there's a number of ways of doing it and I'd be interested in hearing Rebel's thoughts....

A. We move it to A.B.Y 30 and imply SOMETHING has been destroying the Yuuzhan Vong to begin with in the Unknown Regions. This might imply that Lumiya isn't going to be 'discovering' as much as she thinks and will fit with my True Sith Empire/Charon mixture ideas.

B. It's a flashback or prologue. In which case, I'll just edit out the Boba is Mandalore mention.

4. In my opinion, Leia was knighted in the Corellian Crisis and my above posts reflecting her as the second most powerful Jedi reflect her focusing on Jedi training after her knighting and retirement from politics.

5. And my goal with this fic is to write something less depressing than the NJO and far less nihilistic. I'm not against the Charon being extraordinarily bad but the goal is a united Jedi and Republic against a determined enemy. I'm not really interested in 'confusing' the Jedi.

*Puts Luke behind a character shield*

RK_Stryker

Flower Lady

Valin isn't my character and as a note, Anakin's opinion of him is somewhat confused by the intense emotions he's always letting run through him. A first person perspective by someone should set the record straight and yes, I do like Sakana/Anakin/Valin already so him and Syal puts her in the middle of a love Triforce!

As for having Jacen finish his training, my actual thoughts was that helped tie him closer to the Star Wars folk while simultaneously allowing him one of the most powerful Jedi as a master. Go ahead and assume I've changed his master to Corran though.

If I were to make a suggestion, I imagine Valin is nagging Anakin to death like his father did Luke at the Academy. Also, not perhaps as 'loyal' as Corran feels, with his own ideas about how the Jedi SHOULD be more pro-active like Anakin (though this being our world, the Jedi are very active---Anakin is just brutal)

RK_Stryker

1. I'll keep my ideas about a Jaina love interest to the side for now. I'll try and write a more "mature" Zekk (Pronounced 'Zech' not Zeke is going to be one of my first statements)

2. Alema is officially added to the group. If no one wants Valin the spy then I'll just replace him with an original and thus expendable character. My assumption is that Ganner Rhysode, Wurth Skidder, and Miko Regali are all inclined to admire Anakin.

BTW, let's keep everyone in one place so not to confuse timelines. You can move them but don't place people simultaneously other places.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    To keep all of the damage consistent, here's a mixture of actual Otherspace bits from the story plus stuff I've made up. It'll help keep everything consistent between battles.

Ground Troops

Charon Constructs: Essentially, half-human half-Charon horrific meldings of technology that they use as canon fodder. They're outfitted with thick armor, energy spewing staffs and extraordinarily difficult to kill.

Like Stormtroopers really.

Charon Warriors: To show that theyre not ridiculously invincible, just regular archanic aliens in their natural forms. The average Bio-warrior is no more skilled than a normal warrior.

Charon Void Elite: Charon warriors outfitted in huge suits of armor that cover their bodies and outfitted with huge cannons on the end of their claws. It takes a thermal detanator to take out their battle suits and they're like tanks. They're the most talented of Charon warriors too and the guards for the Prophets (Captains).

Here's a picture

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/a/ac/Otherspace_II.jpg/250px-Otherspace_II.jpg]

Vehicles

Arachnid-class Walkers: Gigantic Spider-walker transports that deploy their troops and are outfitted with lots of gun placements.

Spiders-class Walkers: Basically the AT-ST equivalents. Only two emplacements but nasty little buggers.

Starships

Hive-class Vessels: Basically, Star Destroyer sized rocky converted asteroids that are roughly as tough and dangerous as a Star Destroyer. Roughly 72 Star Fighters.

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/7/7c/Otherspace.jpg/250px-Otherspace.jpg]

Grand hive-class vessels: 20 mile long vessels that are 80% as tough as a Super Star Destroyer. Roughly 2000 starfighters and flagships of the Charon navy.

Void Fighters: Sleak, black, circular like craft. Roughly as powerful as TIE Interceptors. The Republic shoots down 3 or 4 for every loss but that doesn't mean much in the long run.

Snot-Fighters: Republic slang for the the converted Republic Starfighters where corpses re-animated by the Charon fly them. Roughly as powerful as TIE Fighters. The Republic eats them but they're frightening.

Other notes from the Module

* The Charon employ a crimson poison gas called "Death Mist"

* Black Holes are symbolic religious symbols to the Charon.

* Charon have two castes. The Male Warriors and Female Bio-scientists whom do all the work but war (of course). Slaves do the rest.

* The Charon God is the "Void."

* Charon are religious fanatics and any display of the Force will terrify them. They venerate the Sith and consider the Jedi the Devil equivalent.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Ruins of Serendipal

A crimson lightsaber crackled against a blue one. The dark and cold shattered buildings had been decimated in some war that neither of the two participants cared about. Each was more focused on the death of the other. One had a heart of pure evil that had been hardened and sharpened by years of Dark Side training. The other had a heart that had once been seduced to evil but was purified through the Light Side of the Force.

"DIE!" High Inquisitor Tremayne shouted as he lifted his fingertips and shot forth lightning no sooner than the elegant blade work of his opponent had cut through the ends of his lightsaber.

The tattered gray robed Jedi lifted his hand and the lightning disappered into the palm of his hand. The Force was strong with him and born from a Jedi lineage that had long ago hidden amongst the people of his homeworld. Tremayne had murdered his grandfather and though he above revenge, justice would be very sweet.

"I know your tricks Dark Sider," The Jedi's movements were graceful even as posed into a simple attack pose against the former student of Darth Vader. "I offer you again a chance to surrender and stand trial for your crimes. Let go of your hatred and become a loyal servant of life."

Tremayne, another twisted remnant of humanity, spit through a cybernetic jaw "You will never find the location of Lumiya from me."

The man was different in appearance from Master Luke despite the fact he was only a decade older. Instead, Tremayne's hair was stark white and his face tired with hatred. One burning robotic eye focused in on the Jedi before his hands clenched to bring down the entire complex around them. The noble knight had no choice but to decapitate his enemy with a sweeping Form II blow.

"And so ends another gruesome man's life," the man pulled down his hood to reveal the form of Zekk Starwind. Jedi records recovered from the Republic had matched his D.N.A. with one of those slain by the Inquisition and finally given the orphan apprentice a last name. The former Dark Sider had been given an opportunity for a new life by the Academy and he was determined to live up to his newfound heritage.

"You are the one known as Zeke?" A avian birdlike voice then spoke from the ruins.

Zekk was getting really tired of people screwing up his name "It's pronounced Z-ecks."

The Jedi Knight had bronze skin with a black goattee that marked him as probably being descended from a primarily desert dwelling people. His own experiences had left him at odds with this heritage since he'd grown up in utter poverty underneath the glittering spires of Coruscant. It was a hatred for his poverty, and a longing to be worthy of a Princess of the Galaxy, that he'd been seduced by evil's allure. He was tall, straight in body, and well muscled with many scars from his battles against evil. Unlike Anakin, Zekk preferred to take his opponents alive and provide the people with a symbol that justice was firm but merciful.

Never again. Zekk assured himself.

A large pigeon like creature stepped up as it spoke "I am Vergere."

Zekk possessed an unusually deep connection to the Living Force that flowed through him and beyond. Not as keen as his best friend Jacen's but close enough.

Zekk sensed power. An equal capacity for light and darkness that was deeply mirred in the Cosmic Force "The Force is with you. Though which side is something beyond my telling."

Vergere raised a wing over her heart "I was once a Jedi Knight. I have spent my time amongst a people that have no concept of the Force."

Zekk answered "That's most people."

Vergere shook her head "Not these. They are different. They shall come bringing death and destruction to the entire galaxy."

Zekk paused as he remembered something that Master Luke had spoken "You speak of the Far Outsiders? The ones that Grand Admiral Thrawn sought to face."

Vergere chuckled in an unpleasant manner "Something even beyond them. We shall speak again one who dwells in the Twi

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm currently rocking out to my latest acquisition: Sailor Moon Super Best! 15 of the best songs from the anime. :D

Yes, I am a total nerd... ;)

I won't go line by line or post by post, here. However, rebel_cheese and Chrlemagne19 are at a bit of an impasse here...

Well, not an impasse, per say...

Anyway!

Why not this-and I'm using after Endor, not after Yavin, after Yavin confuses me :p -place Charlemagne's Lumiya post at the very end of the YJK, taking place almost simultaneously with the ceremony. That's at 21 AE. And like I've said before, it would take a while for Lumiya to 1. find the Charon, 2. have them reverse-engineer and begin building hyperdrives.

Now, maybe the Vong invasion could be delayed a bit, until about 26 AE. I don't know... cosmic storms or something. They've lost even more of their forces due to wear and tear on their ships, making them easy picking for the Charon. Have the post at the Academy at 26 AE, followed by rebel_cheese's posts there.

And Charlemagne... Who's Starwind? And Zekk... who pronounces it with the 'E' at the end?

EDIT:

Oh, yeah. THANK YOU for the ship desriptions!!!!!!!! And for everything else, there.

Also... I'm sorry, but I don't see Zekk hanging on Jaina like that. Especially now.

*Puts Luke, Jacen, Tenel Ka and Lusa behind double-strength character shields*

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh dear, already only partially into the story and ready to blow up thanks to my impatience.

In any case, I'm not really interested in doing a Yuuzhan Vong story. The greater their involvement, the less my interest by huge leaps and bounds.

Also, the timeline confusion is really throwing me. I won't write anything more until a firm single timeline is set and I'll alter my posts accordingly. I think setting it in multiple time lines is a really bad idea. My fault and I withdraw my writing.

So just set up the time then commander.

As for Zekk, he's uninterested in any woman but Jaina in my interpretation, so it's a peaceful loneliness with a longing from afar. In the end, I was going for Aragorn's love for Arwen (you may have noticed the Viggo Morgenstern influences)

So, I'll wait until you figure out when/where we're starting and repost the modified work into the thread when we actually do it.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    All right, all. I apologize if my leadership's been lacking in any way.

Here is the definitive timeline of events.

21 AE: YJK graduate from the Academy. Lumiya goes to Korriban and finds the otherspace coordinates.

22 AE: She finds otherspace and is declared their queen, begins working with the Prophet of the Void for an all-out assault.

26 AE: Charlemagne 19's post at the Academy. The Vong limp into the galaxy, a dozen ships left, and are annihilated completely by the Charon. Boba Fett escapes and warns the Academy.

26.5 AE: The Charon begin a total assault on the New Republic. Ships swarm out of otherspace like a plug's been pulled. The Jedi are not caught completely unprepared, but the ferocity of the assault staggers them, even Luke.

26.5 AE to 28 AE: A series of battles between the NR and the Charon. The NRDF does a hell of a lot better whenever there's a Jedi present.

28.1 AE: The Cult of Light is encountered.

28.2 AE: A Charon ship is captured and Lusa and Cilghal decode the hyperspace coordinates. By now there's a blockade over Coruscant, a near-running battle. Luke takes a team of Jedei into otherspace with an NRDF fleet.

28.2 AE: There's a huge battle on the Charon homeworld. Some Jedi... die. Raynar sacrifices his life. Chewie pulls a Ganner. That kind of stuff. Luke and Leia fight The Prophet and Lumiya, defeating them. The resultant psychic backlash reduces all non-Cult of Light Charon to peaceful herbivores, non-sentient.

30.2 AE: Luke is appointed Jedi Grand Master by the Jedi Council. Jacen and Tenel Ka marry.

Charlemagne19 PMed me some ideas, and I'll throw them out to everyone.
    * The Charon are lead by the Charon/Human Hybrid Darth Ahrimane.

* Ahrimane long ago fled into Otherspace by means of Ancient Rakatan gates.

* He managed to use these gates to enter into the physical world and he and the Vong (if they exist) duked it out with the Chiss behind them.

* The YJK destroy the Gates in a mini-climax and thus force the Charon to use hyperdrives to cross dimensions.

* Jysella Horn 13 year old daughter is Jacen's apprentice. She's a real ****.

* Ben and Nayami mention Jysella eventually falls for Ben when he's older and good looking. Funny that. Those two are a cute couple.

* Develop Sakana's triangle relationship with Anakin and Tahiri as we get to know Saki isn't a bad person but also deeply devoted to extreme Anakin. She also suffered a terrible tragedy.

I'd like her to end up with either him or Valin but you never know.

* Ahrimane will awaken some of his followers kept in stasis for Jedi vs. Sith action.

One of them, Darth Thunder takes a liking to Jaina.

* Zekk loves Jaina even as she meets jag in the Unknown Regions as all hell is breaking loose.

* Anakin verges on the dark side as always. Never quite going over.

I think most of these are workable.

All right. one other thing that must be decided. The method of posting this.

As most/all of you know, a collab can go one of two ways:

1. A rotation scheme. C19 posts, R_c posts, FL, posts, Ish posts... and so on.

2. One person writes out a 'book', a big chunk of it. Then when he/she is finished, it moves on to the next.

Either method, though, the post gets put up here for concrit and the like.

So, folks, which is it? Rotation or Book?

23. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Actually, that looks relatively cool as a timeline, Jon. :) One minor problem: Jysella was born in 23 ABY, she can't be older than seven. That's why it might be best to keep Ben's birthdate the same, so he's within 3-3.5 years of her birth, and save a Ben/Jys for a post-series.

Also, the reason why Rogue Planet is special to me is that it was the first 'adult' EU book I ever owned, and is what introduced me into a larger galaxy beyond YJK. Even though it is outclassed by many other books out there, the book will always be special to me because of its unique status to me and the fact it's written by one of my favorite sci-fi authors, Greg Bear. It's strange, like Jon's affinity for Lusa, but if we can harbor Jon's Lusa 'quirk', can my Rogue Planet 'quirk' be accepted too? [face_batting] Eve nf it's scarcely referenced or used?

I'd like to add a few anecdotes and suggestions to Jon's timeline:

I'd like three fics: one at 21 ABE, one at 23-24 ABE, and the finale at 26 ABE. I like Jon's timeline, but I want to flesh out a possible 21 ABE fic a little more. At the very least I'd like my posts to receive some accommdiation (sp?).

I'd like the Charon to make a few prelimenary assaults during 21-22 ABE, sort of like Far Outsider movements. Basically they're going to creep everyone out and make a few 'practice' attacks in preperation for the real assault to come. Adumar comes under attack and falls to a mysterious alien force, and the Rogues and Wraiths investigate.

The Ssi-ruuvi Imperium moves on Bakura, and Luke and Mara, feeling personal responsibility for Malinza Thanas, personally move to defend her and the planet. Of course the Ssi-ruuk are under the influence of the Death Cult (the Charons, offscreen, take a perverse interest in entechment) but it'll only be hinted at until the end, where Luke encounters an old Rebel Alliance vet who has encountered the Charon . . .

Corran, Octa, Tresina, and a couple of apprentices (A/T and Sakana, maybe?) investigate a distress call at Belkadan, only to discover absolute horror of a barren planet, which still has some plundering, unseen Charon remnants. They discover Yomin Carr in the ExGal station, who has somehow eluded capture and is in open Yuuzhan Vong form. Carr explains the situation, and makes a hasty alliance with the Jedi despite the Jedi's revulsion at his race's original intentions. Carr points the way towards the captured ExGal scientists, and gives them some combat assistence. However, Carr is eventually killed by a Charon. Eventually, the Jedi find a half-assimilated Danni Quee, rescue her, and escape Belkadan by the skin of their teeth.

Han and Leia discuss the mysterious assaults with Borsk Fey'lya and the Advisory Council but are unable to convince anyone other than Cal Omas and Triebakk. Frustrated, Leia decides to devote herself to the Jedi and leave politics behind for good.

Kyp and Alex take an alternate route in the battle of Adumar, and barely escape with their lives, bonding together in the process.

The Chiss request Alliance and Jedi assistence for attacks in the Unknown Regions. A small contingent of Jedi including Jaina Solo investigates, to find that the Vagaari have essentially gone mad and are making uncharacteristic suicidial manuevers. Jaina rescues Jagged Fel during one of the battles, and I think we can guess what happens between them afterwards. ;) Fel is later named Chiss liasion to the Alliance and Jaina returns to Alliance space with Fel at her side with as many questions as answers.

Jacen and Tenel Ka are involved in the Bakura battle. Malinza Thanas develops a deep friendship with Tenel in particular, and has a crush on Jacen that will go unrequieted (because of Jacen's infatuation with Tenel).

I think that'll be enough. Note that despite its intimidating size, I was trying for specific details, which makes it seem bigger, even though it truly isn't.

I think a rotation system would be best. Not all of us have a lot of time, and a rotation system would allow us to space

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Actually, I was doing Ben and Nayami :)

Besides, why can't he be the Older Man!

In any case, I'll do the Lumiya parts for the storyline if you want to go with that. However, I'm uninterested in writing about the Yuuzhan Vong. They're a waste of pages as far as I'm concerned so with the possible exception of having Luke demonstrate how utterly unable to stand against a single Jedi Knight let alone the Republic they are, I won't be contributing much to the opening fiction.

Nom Anor: You cannot affect us with the Force Jeedai!

Luke: *sighs and collapses the tunnels on them*

Ganner: I wish I'd thought of that.

Part of what attracted to me to the project was correcting the New Jedi Order's mistakes which are volumous. The chance to note wreck the galaxy, not be overly dark, not display an incompetent Republic, not have Luke and company be inactive, and in general the other benefits of essentially not being the NJO. I love Rogue Planet too but none of its sequel appealed to me.

So I agree, let's divide up the areas to write about.

But I'm still interested in the later fics. To that end please do me a favor for the beginning fics and stick to these aspects. I think that you've got a very good idea though Rebel Cheese and your stuff is well written.

* Ben was born a year after Union. Three years younger than Ben is Ben's sister Padme.

* Leia completed her training after Visions of the Future and took Lusa as a padawan.

* Anakin is a hot headed guy who thinks Luke is holding him back. Four years will not improve his mood. He's pretty much a much cooler version of Anakin Skywalker in AOTC.

* Jacen is the "Good Son" of Luke and instead of the introspective one is basically Luke's heir except with a quirkier sense of humor. Think a Jedi Xander from Buffy.

* Zekk is pretty haunted by his dark side time of life and a lot more serious.

* Tahiri and Anakin should be in an established relationship with Sakana in the wings. I'll detail her more.

But if you can keep these factors clear then I don't see any conflicts in our story. If you object to any, please say and I'll see if I can alter my story.

25. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Why does Ben have to take center stage, out of curiousity? Shouldn't we save him for an alternate Dark Nest/LOTF arc? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.