main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning thread for new NJO AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Note, I edited the above post. You may have a lot more to say ;-)

And Ben I like because I just want to have someone provide quirky observations from a child's perspective. Basically, Ben during the later part of the fic will just outright state what the audience knows but no one else will admit.

And I think since the Vong are getting trahsed this is technically not the alternate NJO but the alternate New Jedi Order timeframe.

;-)

Edit: And if we do a lengthy Anti-Vong sequence, I might be interested in doing Luke for that time. Show how i would have written him.

2. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    * Ben was born a year after Union. Three years younger than Ben is Ben's sister Padme.

Okay, I like. :) I have an affinity for the name 'Mia' with Skywalker (short and to the point, plus has Earth origins like 'Ben') but Padme` works better, I think, for obvious reasons . . .

* Leia completed her training after Visions of the Future and took Lusa as a padawan.

I think that's workable too. My chapters aren't set in stone, they're merely 'test' chapters like yours.

* Anakin is a hot headed guy who thinks Luke is holding him back. Four years will not improve his mood. He's pretty much a much cooler version of Anakin Skywalker in AOTC.

I really like. [face_hypnotized]

* Jacen is the "Good Son" of Luke and instead of the introspective one is basically Luke's heir except with a quirkier sense of humor. Think a Jedi Xander from Buffy.

That's how I wished Jacen to be after his escape from the Vong, and while he fulfilled that to a certain extent, I do wish he had remained that way rather than becoming all psycho . . .

* Zekk is pretty haunted by his dark side time of life and a lot more serious.

The NJO referred to that but it should have it made more upclose and personal, though. I've noticed a distinct lack of Zekk POVs in post-YJK books.

* Tahiri and Anakin should be in an established relationship with Sakana in the wings. I'll detail her more

Sounds cool. I would really like to see what you have planned for Sakana (nice name choice, btw) as a person and Jedi.

Edit: padawanlost, FL, and Ish; please discuss some of the details with us, and tell us how you all think about this, and whether any of you have better ideas (and I have no doubt you all do have some great ideas and plot bunnies).

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I used twins last fanfic I did.

Ben's twin sisters were Padme and Ami(dala)

:)

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Well, well...I will come back to post a longer post but I have to say...I really like what I've read so far...

I will say this I'm glad that your differences of opinion have been rectified, RC and Charlemagne...:D

I really like what Charles has come up with..I like that it is fresh and different...

But I like the Vong references too...As I said before I enjoyed the NJO...sure I didn't like everything but since I haven't read YJK this was my introduction to the next generation...and I fell in love with them... But anyway, I think we can use what RC has come up with and I like Jon's ideas for the time line as well...

I really like the idea of the S/A/T triangle and of course the J/J/Z thing is always good...:p

I like the idea of Ben being older personally...And if we play around with his date of birth why not Jysella's...I've done that in the past in one of my current WIP, so why not here....It's different. I'll come up with more later...

I also like the idea of the Skywalkers having a daughter...But I'm still hee-hawing on the name Padmé. Simply because, the Skywalker twins didn't know their mother's name until R-2 went haywire in DN...I suggest we name her Shemi (?sp, sorry brain fart [face_frustrated] )...We know Leia found her grandmother's diary in Tatooine Ghost. And so Luke would have known about her too... I think that would be a great honor for the matriarch of the Skywalker family...

But about the writing rotation...I like that...simply for the reasons RC presented above...But I think we should either post everything here for editing by everyone...for instance, I know nothing about Luca except that she was a young knight...Also, I have some pretty sound ideas on Valin...Valin is my Luca, sorry guys...;) and he is placed in the same shield with the others as is my other favorite character...Kyp...

I will chime in again tonight...

FL @};-

5. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I think Anakin's mother was named Shmi.

[voice=important-sounding_announcer's_voice]WE interrupt this thread for a . . . MOMENT OF LEVITY![/voice]

[i]*Puts Luke, Jacen, Tenel Ka and Lusa behind double-strength character shields[/i]

rebel_cheese: Nice, very nice . . . but does it stand up to the SHIELD-STRIPPER OF DOOM 3000?

[i]*begins sucking away character shields, but then Jon summons Sailor Saturn to go kick rebel_cheese's butt*[/i]

rebel_cheese: Uh-oh.

[i]Saturn breaks SHIELD STRIPPER OF DOOM 3000 with her Death Ribbon Revolution*[/i]

rebel_cheese: Oh come on! That's not fair! Why can't I have ribbons of death?

Saturn: Because you're evil, and everyone knows that magical good girls get all the good powers!

rebel_cheese: Oh joy.

[i]Saturn then kicks rebel_cheese to the ground, knocking him out, then gives 'peace sign' to unseen audience*[/i]

Saturn: Evil never prevails!

[i]Saturn leaps away, and Jon watches with a satisfied nod*[/i]

Jon: Justice has been served.

[voice=announcer]We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.[/voice]

[hr]

Note: I believe the part inbetween the two lines was a result of me briefly losing my mind.

Back to seriousness: I think we might have a timeline. Fic one at 21 ABE, to set everything up and introduce the Charon, then we leap five years to 26 ABE, and then we do a Unifying Force-style fic at 28 ABE-30 ABE.

We can even have Ben conceived in 21 ABE because Mara didn't get poisoned by Nom Anor nor went with Leia and Jaina to negotiate with him (because, in my scenario, Nom gets called back and is promptly vaporized by the Charon upon return).

Charles has my infinite thanks for his Charon information. It seems we won't have to make a lot of stuff up after all . . . and it fits my assimilation idea, too, oddly enough. I mean, if the Charon can re-animate corpses . . . [face_sick]

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay....

* So basically post everything here until it's approved.

* Hands off the Valin.

* Write big chunks of what you like until it starts resembling a fiction.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like Mia Skywalker better than Padme Skywalker, personally. Luke seems to go with straightforward names and Padme is not that. Ben and Padme or Ben and Amidala would just be somewhat unnatural.

Sorry I'm not jumping in, but everyone throwing up posts here is kinda overwhelming me. Is there a good time to get a word in edgewise?

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Knock yourself out.

Also, Ben is sort of straight forward. Tradition is very important to Luke.

Well, unless someone objects strongly, I'd definitely like to keep Padme. You're welcome to write about a "mia" Skywalker (though I don't know where Luke would get that name) but I'll write about a Padme. I guess they become a prolific family there :) Maybe she can take Padme as an alias.

And take note that Luke knew about Padme in Dark Nest!

Alema: "You don't know about your mother!"

Luke: "Well according to records, she was probably Senator Amidala of the Naboo."

Alema: *blink* "Ummm you don't know other stuff!"

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Not arguing with his knowledge of her, just not a fan of the name idea.

10. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I have a solution:

Ben and Mia can be non-identical twins born in 21-22 ABY. Ben will look like his canonical self while Mia will have Mara's eyes and Luke's hair. Padme can be born two or three years later and have darker hair and eyes befitting her namesake, and the twins feel an obligation to protect Padme.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like that idea. Hooray for the peacemaker. I'll be trying to get something up here later.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Walks in, nodding*

Nice to see Charles and Mac getting along better. :) And nice to see Sara (Can I call you Sara, Flowerlady?) and Ish posting a bit.

I like the ideas for Luke and Mara's kids.

Got it in one concerning posting, Charles. [face_peace]

All right. We probably need a sock for this. SOS_Luke ? Suggestions for a name?

Now, we've got a lot of planning out of the way. I'm thinking Chareles' Lumiya post is almost the perfect opening, with a bit more. Any objections to that? Should... I write something else for the first post? Something on Yavin IV?

We also need a line-up.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Korriban

Lumiya walked through the shadows of the Valley of the Dark Lord's grand cliff face. The statues of hundreds of Dark Lords filled ten mile long crack in the world's surface even as there was room for many more evils to join their ranks. Lumiya privately shuddered when she passed under the Tomb of Darth Vader. His monolith radiated just as much evil as any other tomb. While Anakin Skywalker may have been redeemed, the miasma of horror that had been the galaxy's fear of him had calcified into its own spirit here.

Ars Dangor hefted a torch as he weaved through the maze of caverns "The White Lords still have their deeds reflected here. Those whom have forsaken the great way of the Dark Side for the heresy of the Burning Side of the Force. Qel-Droma, Revan, and now Vader. Their treachery disgusts me."

Lumiya's mechanical breathing, so similar to Vader's, seemed to unnerve Dangor as they approached the Grand Tomb of the Sith. The Temple resembled an unholy black stone pyramid carved out of obsidian. One that towered on its rocky resting place above most of the other monuments. It was the resting hall for the Sith'ari to come. The one whom would bring the destruction of the Sith and make them greater. Some argued it was Darth Bane, others Revan, while some further still said it was Palpatine or even Vader.

The Force had shaped the temple from molten glass. Obsidian superhardened alchemically to the point that it was as powerful as steel. Every Sith holocron was made to resemble this vile location for it was where the barriers between the hell of the Dark Side beyond Death and the living world was most weak. Here, the Sith could speak with their masters long gone. The Valley was hidden by powerful illusions against all but the truly faithful. That was why Lumiya needed Dangor.

Slowly walking up a rising set of stairs some twenty stories tall, Lumiya would have been exhausted were not her physical body no longer human. Walking through the simple iron doorways that rested in the west face of the temple, she strode on into her destiny. The interior was a single room that was recognizable to anyone who knew anything of the Jedi. The Sith thrones were arrayed in a mockery of the Jedi Council Chambers on Coruscant. Thirteen thrones with a single rone rising higher than all of them. The Thirteenth throne was empty but across from it was one slightly smaller yet still towering over the others. That was the throne of the Dark Lord of Dark Lords.

The bodies that rested in the tomb were mixed with spirits of great evil. Darth Bane, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Plagueis, and Sith that had been utterly destroyed like Exar Kun. Lumiya knew that maintaining one's essence beyond death was impossible for any but a Jedi. Those here were not entirely the spirits of the dead. They had merged with the Dark Side's essence to become something more and less than the mortals they once were. Kun had been banished forever but his malevolent shadow was still visible in this hall of villains.

"And where is Palpatine?" Lumiya asked amongst them.

"Alone has his spirit been destroyed forever. Not even a shade exists in the nightmare beyond death. It is better for the greatest of all Sith Lords was not able to dwell in only memories. He escaped from our realm here to unleash the forces of chaos once more," Marka Ragnos spoke softly. Marka Ragnos had been the most powerful Sith of all time until the rise of Vader and Palpatine. Even in Vader's diminished form, the metal warlord had reduced the mighty wizard to being third.

Lumiya was privately glad of that, though it reduced Ars Dangor to tears. The Dark Lady ignored him as he walked out upon the pronouncement to throw himself off the temple's steps to his death.

"I seek..." Lumiya started to say.

"We know," Kun's hateful shade spoke in the same tongue as Ragnos. "You seek revenge. But you are not a Sith. You stink of devotion and fealty. Your affection for your master and ideals of order pollute

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm having very large feelings of inadequacy about now...

And I wish I was joking...

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well I take it you like it. Look at the bright side. I'm sitting here getting distracted from my real work.

;-)

Anyone want to throw out some requests?

16. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Just one question.
    Does this fic has its own thread in one of the fic boards?
    and why is it that you are writing your fic in the 'planning' thread?
    I mean, this is the resource thread, right?
    Okay, so that was a lot of more than one question, but still, why are you writing in your planning thread instead of posting in one of the fic boards?
    Last but not least, is your club exclusive?

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The description was well done, but I felt as if the ending was abrupt, unless you intend that to be a segue into another part of the scene.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Editing.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    What Charles said, Darth_Mu. It shall be going up soon.

All right, I think the post rotation schedule might go...

RK_Striker_JK_5

Charlemagne19

rebel_cheese... and not sure after this.

I'll write up a post that takes place right after the YJK XIV ceremony, something with the YJK, segueing into Luke talking with some of the adults. That should be the first post, followed by Charles' Lumiya posts.

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Okay, I?m back?

rebel_cheese:

Ben and Mia can be non-identical twins born in 21-22 ABY. Ben will look like his canonical self while Mia will have Mara's eyes and Luke's hair. Padme can be born two or three years later and have darker hair and eyes befitting her namesake, and the twins feel an obligation to protect Padme.

I agree with Ish?yay the peace maker?.I really like this but I say we make the twins even older say born 20 ? 21 ABY.

Corran, Octa, Tresina, and a couple of apprentices (A/T and Sakana, maybe?) investigate a distress call at Belkadan, only to discover absolute horror of a barren planet, which still has some plundering, unseen Charon remnants. They discover Yomin Carr in the ExGal station, who has somehow eluded capture and is in open Yuuzhan Vong form. Carr explains the situation, and makes a hasty alliance with the Jedi despite the Jedi's revulsion at his race's original intentions. Carr points the way towards the captured ExGal scientists, and gives them some combat assistence. However, Carr is eventually killed by a Charon. Eventually, the Jedi find a half-assimilated Danni Quee, rescue her, and escape Belkadan by the skin of their teeth.

I suggest this?Let?s make Corran and Tresina in this Kyp and Alex instead?and here is my reasoning?We are going to have to explain in the story why Anakin is such a hot head. (a characterization I like very much) And who in the Jedi order is the biggest hot head?Kyp Durron? I say we switch the characters in RC?s ideas if they are decided upon. For the first book, which by the way I really like.

Kyp could be Anakin?s?mentor? (I?d even like to see Anakin take Miko?s place as his apprentice) and as such they are on the Outer Rim doing what Kyp?s Dozen was doing in the outer Rim, when he was asked by Luke (who doesn?t always agree with Kyp?s methods but agrees with the results) to investigate Belkadan. Octa could be Tahiri?s new Master and Alex, who I would like to see as a fully trained Jedi just as Octa, is Sakana?s, or visa versa for the girls?either way works for me.

We could build a sort of sexual tension between Kyp and Alex, who questions a lot of Kyp?s reasons, not because she doesn?t want the outcomes but because she just thinks her ways are better.

We could even give the back story that Anakin and Valin are very close friends and as such Valin idolizes Kyp. This will also give more credence to the rift between Kyp and Corran, who flatly disagrees with Kyp?s actions.

Kyp and Alex take an alternate route in the battle of Adumar, and barely escape with their lives, bonding together in the process.

Then this part will be Corran and Tresina and the same things can happen, albeit the romance part. I wouldn?t what Tresina get dusted by Mirax?:p

Han and Leia discuss the mysterious assaults with Borsk Fey'lya and the Advisory Council but are unable to convince anyone other than Cal Omas and Triebakk. Frustrated, Leia decides to devote herself to the Jedi and leave politics behind for good.

Now to mesh the too differing outlooks on Leia?s status as a Jedi?Here?s my take. I like Charles? idea about Leia giving up politics after the signing of the Peace Treaty with the Remnant and devoting herself to the Jedi. In fact, that is the one thing that really irks me about the NJO. Why the flip isn?t Leia a Jedi? She is every bit as powerful as Luke, I?d gander, so why not? And besides, If Luke could basically become a Knight with no real formal training outside of a few weeks (possibly months), surely Leia could too if she focused only on that goal. So, I say lets make her a Master by the end of this, if not before. However as the Jedi Liaison to the Advisory Council she still is in the hot seat so to speak. She takes her information to Borsk Fey?lya and as RC says, no one believes her. She Han and her apprentice Lusa then go back to Yavin 4 completely disgusted with the furry Chief of State.

Charlemagne19:

Leia completed her training after Visions of the Futur

21. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, how I agree about feeling inadequate...[face_hypnotized]

Guess that's why he's the professional...:p

Sara

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    We should write until we feel we're done, Sara.

I like your ideas for YJK v.2. :)

I also agree about replacing Corran/Tresini with Kyp/Alex.

All right, a title...

I leave this to you. I suck at titles.

Okay, the post rotation is thus...

RK_Striker_JK_5

Charlemagne19

rebel_cheese

Flowerlady

We'll leave Ish and PL to hash out who goes next.

I'll be able to check in sporadically at best over the weekend. Sorry, folks. :(

23. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005

RK_Striker_JK_5

Thanks for the vote on the Kyp/Alex swap?.And for the gang of Ben, Mia, Jys and Nayami?

Title?emm?you notice that I did not make a suggestion in the above post?.

I suck at titles too.

But if I must make a suggestion how about this:

The New Jedi Order: Out of the Abyss

Which could be a play on words...

The Charon come from a void or rift in the galaxy...and they emerge from here..

Also more hiden (well, it was until I post it here)

Isn't this what we are attemting to do with the NJO--Take it out of the Abyss of Crap that some think that it is...

Just my thoughts

Sara

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Revised Opening Crawl...

A Long Time Ago in a galaxy far far away....

[Page Break]

Star Wars

A New Threat

[Page Break]

Episode Seven

Peace and Prosperity has returned to the galaxy. Luke Skywalker and his Jedi Knights have slowly won the galaxy back from the remnants of the Empire. The last of their evil forces have surrendered and a strong NEW REPUBLIC has emerged from the ashes.

Princess Leia has joined her brother on YAVIN FOUR to complete her training. Their potential being equal, she has fulfilled her destiny and become a Jedi. Now she has taken an apprentice and will soon receive the vaunted title of JEDI MASTER.

All is not well within the Republic despite their best efforts. Though the Republic is strong and hopeful, evil forces gather along the borders in hopes of raiding the great treasures of the galactic union. The twisted nomadic raiders of the YUUZHAN VONG prepare themselves to plunder the vast riches of the galaxy. Unknown to them, they have accidentally disturbed an even greater evil than they. Monsters so evil that they cause the Vong to pale by comparison, the malicious CHARON.

Though the ancient SITH have been extinguished, their servants have not yet departed from the universe. The cruel LUMIYA, a spy and assassin for the wicked EMPEROR PALPATINE, has survived and sought some way to restore her vile master's kingdom.

Journeying to the forbidden homeworld of the Sith in KORRIBAN, Lumiya has sought the counsel of the demonic DARK LORDS. It is through their power and knowledge that she hopes that the great government established by the Jedi can be brought to its knees....

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Meh, until I actually make a profit, I wouldn't say Professional is accurate :p

:)

But thanks for the praise and I love the ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.