main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning thread for new NJO AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon_Force

Charon_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    Striker here. New post is up. I also created the PM list and added all those who want PMs to the sock's WUL.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    K, I'm about to start work on mine.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Geez, Luke only has only had sex with his wife 3 times?

EEESH

Aside from that, great post.

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    She was making a joke, there.

But thank you Jon and Charles, I'm glad she was all right. :)

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I have to catch up on my reading here...[face_blush] I've been busy with my 2 WIPs...

Okay...I'll have Chapter 3 of the post up soon. However, I would like to incorporate Charles's Luke/Anakin duel scene into my chapter--unless he'd rather me rewrite it using my own ideas and we just scrap his scene. Just let me know...

I'm planning a bridge scene of sorts...First, I'm going to mention a mission to check out the trouble Nom Anor was causing on the two planets (as in VP, sorry I don't remember the names and am too lazy to look them up now) only to find out that he left without a trace, I'm thinking of using Alex Winger as the mediator sent...then I'm going to build onto Jon's chapter with the Solo Kids and Alex and Tahiri, then incorporate Charles's Luke/Anakin scene and end the chapter with the two parts I've already posted (the Avenger's assignment and the kids discussion)

Any objections? It may be long but I think it will tie some of the ends up...

But I have 2 questions:

Mac, are you posting your "Emergence" and "Warning" after me? Which I think should be posted together by the way.

And if you are can I assume Lumiya is aready with the Charon and Charles's scenes concerning Darth Ahrimane will be told in flashback fashion...Or else this is really going to become confusing to our readers...Because I'm barely not confused...

Sara

6. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Okay...all caught up..

Charles--your post was supurb as always...but I do have a question which I asked above...If Lumiya is leading the Charon who are destroying the Vong and Terrorizing Balkadan(sp?) I think the Lumiya part should be told from a flashback prespective...Maybe having Lumiya remembering it while she's doing something with the Charon...Otherwise I really think this is going to not make sense...If my understanding is correct: Lumiya is leading the Charon...then how can she just be discovering them? Again a continuity thing...Sorry [face_blush] ...but an important one.

Mac--I liked the way you tied in your post to Charles's and mine. But I have a question now that I've finally read it: If Jaina is going with Kyp, how is she going to meet Jag and what about Alex's (padawanlost, not the character...LOL) ideas of her going to the Rogues?...Just asking...Also, I really wanted this not to turn into a K/J possiblity...(Gods above I hope none of my fellow K/Jers out read that :p) J/J/Z maybe, but not K/J...Kyp is all Alex's (the character..;))

Great posts guys and I hope to have mine up probably by Friday night...

Sara

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, you can use my Anakin/Luke duel and anything else you like.

:)

But no, you're wrong. The Charon aren't being lead by Lumiya nor ever will be lead by Lumiya. Darth Ahrimane's minions have been escaping into the Unknown Regions for thousands of years at this point but have been unable to do anything to get past the Chiss even if they destroy the Yuuzhan Vong.

Basically, Ahrimane was supposed to sense her as soon as she picked up the crystal ball.

Lumiya just provides Ahrimane with hyperspace technology that allows to get past the Great Rift to the rest of the universe.

8. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks, Charles...

OH!....{big lightbulb comes on}...Now I get it...So, there is enough Charon in the Known Universe to get rid of the pesky Vong but it isn't until Lumiya gets through the Rift that the whole hord attacks the galaxy...Now it makes sense. I thought she went there first and then she lead them as they made their way through to attack the Vong.
    D'oh...:oops:

Flowers

9. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, one more thing...{see what happens when I don't post for a while...:p }

I was checking out the story thread earlier and was wondering if we could attract more readers by having some of the main characters listed in the title link...

You know...."Title-NJO AU-L/M, H/L, J/TK, J/J/Z, A/T, R/L, Kyp/CC, Corran, Lumiya-Updated (date)" Not sure what all can fit but it's worth putting the main ones up...

Just a thought...I know I look at these sort of things when looking for fics to read...and now's the time to attract readers.

And I know a lot of Kyp lovers out there who will love this story.

Sara

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, you got it Rebel_Cheese.

I admit I could have been clearer.

11. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I liked the way you tied in your post to Charles's and mine. But I have a question now that I've finally read it: If Jaina is going with Kyp, how is she going to meet Jag and what about Alex's (padawanlost, not the character...LOL) ideas of her going to the Rogues?

Gah! I could've sworn someone said she was . . . Alex did tell me that she wanted Jaina to enlist into the Starfighter Corps (or did she, can't remember) . . . time for a retcon at any rate. Oops.

Edit: How about we call Alex the person 'Alex' and the character 'Alexandra' or 'Alex Winger'? That way, there's no confusion.

12. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    That's why its a really good idea to pre-post everything here first...Then we all can be on the same sheet of flimsy...;) And you have a pain in the butt like me who will point those things out...[face_laugh]

Or we could refer to Alex Winger as 'Kyp's Alex'...:p

But seriously, I hope no one is offended by my obsessive pickiness...[face_blush]

Sara

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    So whose part to write is next?

14. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm up to bat next...I'll have it up for you all to look it over by tomorrow night...

Sara

15. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Actually... here it is now...

I re-worked some of it and added to it...

Also, took out any reference to Boba Fett, since that will happen in the next chapter.

Please if there is something you guys don't like or don't think will work let me know...Also, Charles I reworded some of your sentences...The one about Anakin being apprenticed to Irkit(sp?) and added in a blurb about Lorrd...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

Rhommammol
    21 ABE (25 ABY)

The Jedi Master would have to thank Master Skywalker for the easiest assignment she had ever been on. Alexandria Winger stared at the rotund little man and just shook her black-braided head in wry amusement.

?You mean the violence completely stopped??

He vigorously nodded his white head of unruly hair and Alex fought the impulse to push it off his forehead and out of his eyes. By the Force, his hair was worse than Durron?s on a bad day. Then she immediately mentally smacked herself for even thinking of her irritating colleague.

?Well, not completely, but this?? he pointed at the few hundred or so beings, mostly human, who were pushing or throwing droids and any other forms of technology into a large pit. It was clear that once the pit was full, a fire was set to burn the symbols of modern society. ??is by far less rioters then before when the ring leader was making those horrid speeches.? He went on to intone emphatically, ?We just don?t understand it. Two weeks ago there were riots in the street and droids being thrown in the pit and then it just slowed down.? Finally, the government leader pushed the tangle of hair off his forehead and out of his eyes. ?It seems that without the inciter the mobs just lost its fire to continue fighting.? No hope, Alex sighed as the tangle fell over his face again.

She turned back to the pit and opened to the Force. She could feel the enthusiasm of those gathered but the zeal was gone. Some of the Red Knights of Life, the terrorists who were the most violent and vocal, seemed confused and they weren?t as committed without clear leadership.

She frowned; none of this was making sense. On second thought, she wasn?t going to thank Skywalker. ?Who was the leader of the Red Knights of Life??

?His name was Pedric Cuf or we discovered his real name was Nom Amor. But he seems to have just disappeared. There?s a rumor that a bounty hunter may have chased him off.?

She turned back to him and said, ?Well, then it doesn?t look like I?ll be mediating with him and if we?re lucky the bounty hunter will catch him. Who?s second in command of the radicals??
    The sooner she got off this rock the sooner she got back to Yavin IV. Luke wanted her to take one of the new apprentices.

That night Alex practically stumbled into her hotel room. She had a tiring day negotiating with bantha-brained imbecile. She couldn?t remember her worse days of commanding battle upon the Webley or flying into battle in an X-wing this exhausting. How in blazes does Leia do this?

But in the end the radicals seemed reasonable and she hoped after a few more days of talking, she would be able to bring peace to the Osarian system. She grinned despite her tiredness. It truly was a good feeling making peace rather than making war.

She threw off the Jedi robe she had donned just for this mission. She was and would always be more comfortable and at home in a flight suit. Luke had asked her to do this mission instead of sending the Jedi liaison Leia Solo along with Master Mara Skywalker and the soon to be Apprentice Jaina Solo. All three of the Solo kids were graduating from the Academy to become Apprentices and since the trouble had piped down, Luke decided to send her. She had yet to see one of those graduations, she thought.

She moved into the ?fresher and finished undressing. She hadn?t attended the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. She and several of her Jedi counterparts, Kenth Hanmer, Corran Horn, Keyan Farland

16. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Wow . . . [face_hypnotized] And now you've pretty much tied everything together.

As we know, I've got to retcon a detail or two before I can get my two posts ready to go. I think I should space them apart (combined they're about 20 Word pages) as they are, but I'll post them in a three-day interval.

And I've got to retcon much of the last bit in my third post. Perhaps mention Ben's mischieviousness instead . . . yeah, that'll work.

Edit: not to mention add location to my posts . . . I'm like Denning, I don't ordinarily do that but I reckon I should do that in this case, just so everything's uniform.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    One thing bothers me slightly...

Tahiri and Raynar being in the squadron. At this point in time-and any other-I honestly can't see them as good fighter pilots. Heck, Jacen as head of Rogue Squadron in Betrayal irked me something fierce.

Just something to watch out for.

And... *LOoks at size of post, and then the size of the post he posted* Wow. That's awesome!

18. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    rebel_cheese
    Wow . . . [face_hypnotized] And now you've pretty much tied everything together.
    Thanks...[face_blush]
    As we know, I've got to retcon a detail or two before I can get my two posts ready to go. I think I should space them apart (combined they're about 20 Word pages) as they are, but I'll post them in a three-day interval.
    That should work...This post here was about 14 I think... [/quote]

RK_Striker_JK_5
    Tahiri and Raynar being in the squadron. At this point in time-and any other-I honestly can't see them as good fighter pilots. Heck, Jacen as head of Rogue Squadron in Betrayal irked me something fierce.
    Just something to watch out for.
    At first that bothered me too. But they will be with four Jedi Masters, three of which are among the Order's best pilots. They may not be great pilots yet, but they have to learn sometime...and who better to learn from....The key is to keeping their involvement in the squad as believable...
    And... *LOoks at size of post, and then the size of the post he posted* Wow. That's awesome!
    [face_blush] But remember, the whole middle section is Charles's...

When do you think I should post it...I'll wait for Charles to pipe in at any rate since I did fiddle with his part a bit...but do you think tomorrow would be too soon?

Sara

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I think tomorrow would be too soon. And I... guess about them learning, but do all Jedi have to be hot hands with a stick?

20. Charon_Force

Charon_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    Flowerlady here...:D

Well since no one gave me an answer about changing the title link...I took it upon myself to do so...I also edited the order of our names on the author list to match the order in which we're posting...just makes more sense that way..[face_batting]

I guess you're right...about it being too soon.

But I think if we progress this into a war with the Charon, the more skills our young Jedi have the better.

If you really don't want Rayner and Tahiri as part of the squad I'll re-work that part. Tahiri can be apprenticed to someone else, as can Rayner. Maybe switch him with one of the other students or even an OC who is a bit older. Same with Tahiri and I'll just delete the scene with her with Alex Winger. But I think for this to work as a A/T story they need to be together. That's all.

What does everyone else think?

Oh, I also gave the sock a icon...I like this icon of Luke. I just think it's cool.

Sara

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Good title change. And you can keep them in. It would actually be kinda funny.

Kyp. "So, how much experience you two got with snubfighters?"

Raynar. "Are you kidding me??? I've never flown in one of those before in my life! I'm a merchant, not a pilot!"

Tahiri. "Oooh, what does this do?"

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ^^^Thanks...I was hoping you wouldn't mind

But it wasn't me who suggested Rayner as Corran's apprentice in the first place, that was Mac. And since no one objected I figured that he made more sense than a 13 year old Valin.

But Tahiri was a pilot so with her it's not much of a stretch.

But I see what you mean...How about this then now that you got me thinking of it?...And in a sort of weird form of irony...Let's change Raynor to Miko Reglia. And as such we can use him the same as Profic did...cannon fodder.

Would that be too weird for folks to follow since he was really Kyp's apprentice in canon?

Sara

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, it would be a good learning experience for Raynar-and for Corran. Heck, there could be a brief scene of raynar going over Mirax's books and showing her some business shortcuts. ;)

24. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Now that would be funny....[face_laugh]

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks. So keep the merchant in the post, so we can simultaneously laugh and sympathize with him, and then be in awe of his elite bookkeeping skills. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.