main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning thread for new NJO AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks for the concern guys...[:D]

Wow, Charles, I'll have to check out that link...I'm hoping that in the very near future I'll see my name and a story I wrote in print, too.

I hate to admit this, but my SW muse is all but dead. I've just sort of lost interest. I've tried more than once to come up with something, anything in way of a post for this story at least, and just can't find it. If someone wants to write it, go ahead.

I've pretty much abandanded writing fanfiction at the moment, I still read some, but the only thing that I'm actually updating is a Twilight fic I'm working on, but that, too, is falling to the back of my mind. And this all can be blamed on this massive original story that is swallowing me whole, I've written over 20,000 words in less than a month--which is a good thing. The last time this happened my epic The Path of Dreams was born.

Again I'm sorry to let you all in a lurch. I really didn't plan on being so engrossed in this story that I'm writing, but once the idea hit me, I couldn't stop thinking about it--and then writing.

So, don't worry. I'm okay...no family crises this time, only my overactive muse.

Sara

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's all right, Sara. I'm just glad to hear you're all right. :)

I'm gonna start a new post and put it up, in case anyone would like to critique it. I think... it's time to begin wrapping this up.

3. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Wow, I can't say this is what I expected to see when I finally managed to get back here, but I'm almost relieved.

Like several of you, my star wars muse has drifted, and the urge to do something I might actually sell has been clawing deeper and deeper at me. I've loved the time that I've spent here, but between my life's chaos, and work, I just haven't been able to make the time like I used to. I'd just started the third part of my trilogy when I simply lost interest. It was like the characters just weren't with me anymore. I feel horrible about it, but I don't really know what else to do but take a break.

That said, if there is something I can do to help finish this up, I will try to help you out if you'll have me. Even if its just to give you an encouraging cheer.

I'll hopefully be able to log back on here in the next week or so, but my computer/internet problems aren't over yet either.

love to all of you, alex

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Wow, I haven't been logged on in a long time . . .

I can basically ape padawanlost's post word for word. My Star Wars muse is all but gone, and I want to try other things and also to write something that will sell. I do appreciate the time I've spent here and I think it's helped me become a better writer but I have other priorities. College has become more intense (especially as I've joined the student paper) and I MUST give my writing priority to the paper and my original work, plus with my reduced "free time" I want to do some things that don't take as much time as fanfic writing.

I still enjoy talking with you all (and padawanlost will always be a dear friend [:D]) and I do want to finish this story. However, I am unsure whether this story is finishable where it is at right now. The story was supposed to stretch out over three fics and I don't see how a condensing is possible.

Talk to you later,

Mac

5. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    So, all these months of quiet... kind of sad to see when we were once so vibrant, but so is the way of life. I hope you're all well, and basking in fabulous success. My writing has been suffering a lack of discipline of late, and I'm actually thinking that I want to start messing around with this story again, to sharpen things in the old mind up.

Maybe I just feel bad for it, considering we really did have something enjoyable going here, and it frankly holds up rather well after all these months...better than LotF sadly.

If this turns out to be more than just an insomniac's deranged early-morning prayer for past glory, I'll post here and see what you all think.

If not, my best to you all, alex

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Alex... thank you. My old PC crashed and I sorta put this off. I kept delaying and procrastinating...

I'd be willing to give this a shot to finish it up.

7. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi everyone....

I was lurking around and saw activity on here and decided to take a peek to see what's going on.

I do miss the fun of writing this story....However, I'm just a quiet bystander now. I've given up writing fanfic completely, and really don't even read much of it anymore.

I finished my first novel in Janurary and have since sent it off to a publisher. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so nothing is for sure--yet. It will hopefully be the first book of a 4 book adult vampire romance series.

I'm also into writing my second novel, which personally I'm liking better than the first one. This one isn't about vampires, but is a contemporary romance/family drama set in a small ranching town in the Texas Panhandle. The research of the Texas Panhanle, cattle and horse ranching, the rodeo and the country music business (the main male character is a country/western music star) has been a lot of fun.

Well, that's what is going on with me. Talk to y'all later...[:D]

Sara

8. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I've moved onto other things. I do some amateur voice acting now, and I'm finally about to finish my own novel as well. It's intended for teenage boys and girls but it's being carefully written to be palatable to adults as well (the first scene really drives that point home in sheer intensity). After that will come a lengthy editing process before it even gets shipped off but it'll end a long, painstaking process. I suppose I should say it is the distillation of my style: emotional romances with world-spanning adventure and intense action sequences.

I wouldn't mind writing another chapter for this. It's clear we haven't been forgotten, so if we finally crank something out we might get readers. I'm pretty much done with fanfiction with the time being other than a sporadically-updated Gundam SEED story (maybe I'll port it here soon?) but I think it'll be nice to dive back into Star Wars . . . once I remember what exactly we've been doing with this story.

If FL wants to drop out, I wish her luck and I'm happy she's got a publisher interested in her work. Although I'm admittedly am tired of vampire stories, I think FL has the goods to make her story stand out from the pack. [:D]

I think writing this story has made us all better writers and I think we should try to finish this story, whether now or after we're all millionaire writers. XD padawanlost is right in that it holds up rather well. Unlike the rest of you I still enjoy EU canon but I do think this story gives canon a run for its money at least.

I'll go give the story a read-through so I can remember some details. I'm interpreting FL's words as a "pass" so that means my turn. No guarantees but I'll try to write something out during the weekend or during next week.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Mac, Sara, send me info on your books and I'll be a buyer. :)

Also, you're right. This fic did make us better writers. I've also begun going through what's been done in anticipation. I shall begin dabbling a bit with a post of my own.

10. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Heh, first I need to convince an agent to take me on. That can be difficult.

I'm going to try to complete Road To Invasionfirst. That means I'm going to need to ask a mod to unlock the story. I think that'll help me get reacquainted with the Charon War story and the boards. At the very least, it'll finish telling the story of what happened before this whole thing began.

I did find my old storyboards and chapters. I have up to chapter eight completed, I don't know if I posted all of that. Basically I got a few things to do out of what I haven't written:

Break Jaina and Zekk up (heh). I still need to bring Anja into the story to do that.

Kill Davin, Luci, and Darth Gleipnir (Davin's already dead as of the main story's beginning and Luci and Gleipnir's absences need to be explained).

Sow the seeds of Anakin and Sakana growing closer while beginning to break Anakin and Tahiri apart (that one will be painful).

Emiya apprentices Sakana.

I also had an idea of a very brief Aster Nightflare cameo along with her boyfriend Jarvis and friend/Master Eelysa. It'll give a glimpse of her when she was happier, which will contrast with her current self violently by intention.

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Mac, you don't need a mod to unlock the fic for you. Simply go to the first post, click on the edit link. There should be a box on the right called 'locked'. Uncheck it and you should be able to unlock the thread.

Don't forget, Anya was a 'part' of their breakup.

12. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Hey, thanks guys....[:D]

And good luck, Mac. Like Jon said send me the info when you're published and I'll buy.

The key is to not give up, believe in yourself and don't let rejection letters get you down.

Sara

13. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Thanks, Sara.

If the inspiration strikes you please continue the story. I think I'm not going to take my turn yet so I can complete the prequel story once and for all so there's no more loose ends.

As an aside, I did notice that I have posted every chapter I've written. Which means I can just jump right into things without having to post anything first.

As another aside, did anyone else enjoy Outcast or was it just me? XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.