main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning Thread for Who Is To Be Believed? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by princess-sari, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    That's a really great idea!!!

Why don't you write a post with that in it?

And I just had a thought. Since Obi has tried to contact his Master, I was thinking later he may try contacting him throught the Force, which he didn't try earlier because communitcating accross the Galaxy is very difficult to do. But he tries it anyway, however Jazer has inticipated this after hearing about him trying to find a communitcator so he and the other RJ kinda supress Obi and Qui's bond (which alerts both of them that something is wrong, but Obi-wan believes it's because he's coming down with some kind of flu the locals gave him, which can be true as well. Then Aleh can become almost like a nurse to him and they could really bond then, and she tells him all about the RJ and he, being ill, really starts to believe it)

I dunno, MY idea may be pretty stupid ;)

2. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I like it! Let's play on that for a moment:

What if Obi Wan becomes SICK sick; maybe the same thing that is afflicting the planet is hurting him (some Force-nature bond thing?), maybe it's even the Force powers the RJ are using to try to HELP the planet (possible layout for RJ's initial objective and ultimate moral to the story?? Like: "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions", or whatever...). Anyway, Obi Wan is healed by the RJ in a manner that is not up to ethics with the Jedi Code. It turns out that these "forbidden" uses of the Force are also what is trying to heal the planet. Obi Wan sees that it is for the greater good, and (as they say) voila! he's been inducted into the RJ!

Before I forget, I need to address the fact that Yoda was written the way he was written for a reason. That is to say, there is a purpose behind his being "seemingly undisturbed" by Obi Wan leaving with Jazer.

Obi Wan is unwittingly the Council's mole. They know that Jazer is up to no good, but they do not want to scare him into hiding by openly investigating. They know that his network of RJ still have ties deep within the Jedi Order, so they cannot risk word leaking of their plans.

Does that make sense at all?

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ahhhh.... That makes sense. Tricky Yoda. :D

So can you clarify this for me? Obi gets sick, by the RJ, because they are making the planet sick deliberatly as well, right? Then they heal him and he becomes part of the RJ?

4. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    That's kinda what I was thinking. What do you all think about it?

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hello all.... [face_blush]

I feel so awful! Here you guys are, planning it out, and I just screwed it up!

I'M SORRY! I BEG FOR FORGIVENESS!

Let me explain.

I am trying to convince my father to let me get my driver's liscense, and in order to do that, I must be "responsible" which means practically no time internet wise.

I come down, and think, oh I should post.

I don't have time to check the PT.

I post, like the idiot I am,

I SCREW UP ALL YOUR GUYS IDEAS!

and then I notice what I did.

So I humbly beg forgiveness, and swear, next time, if I don't have time to check what's being happening at the PT lately, I won't post until I'm sure.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

6. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Great start with the illness, JG!

Am I to assume that eventually--when Obi and Qui meet again--it will be Obi who finds Qui Gon, not the opposite? That is to say, Qui will not learn of this planet until he speaks to Obi Wan.

That's the angle I'm writing towards.. Am I on the same page as everyone else?

Don't worry about the post mix-up, Jacinta. Looks like it was easily corrected ;).

7. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Where did everyone go? :D

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm still here, just really busy...I have a huge project for Theater Arts 3. I have to design the set, costumes, light plot, sound plot and write a summary of the pink panther by Monday....*cue sigh*

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oh wow. Good luck! I've just entered the last quarter of my senior year, time to start slacking off!! :D

But since I posted last I wanted to give everyone else a chance to add to it.

10. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Whoa! Well, have fun with it, Jacinta! :)

It appears everyone else is busy, too, JG. I can try to set up a post for this afternoon if no one else has time.

I'll get to work on it right... after breakfast ;)

((Yes, I AM the king of procrastination!!)) ;)

11. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    I need something answered for my next post:

~~~~POSSIBLE JEDI APPRENTICE series SPOILER~~~~

Is this happening before or after Tahl dies? I need to know in order to better develop Qui Gon and his actions in my next post.

Never mind... I worked around it. :D

12. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Sorry I haven't been posting guys, I'm SOOOOO sorry. School work is such a big hard pain!!!! :'(

But I Promise I'll post when I can.

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    ooo... Good post Cheveyo.

Don't know when I can post again. I'm officially not allowed to be on the computer until the end of March, however I'm working on reducing my sentance and I may make
    a trip to the library in the mean time [face_devil]

Feel free to use, abuse, and confuse my characters as much as you feel they need it ;)

14. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thx, JG. Sorry to hear about your computer situation... or the lack thereof. :( Hopefully you'll get that sentence reduced!

"Feel free to use, abuse, and confuse my characters as much as you feel they need it."
    Don't tempt me! ;)

15. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Hey everyone, I have a post ready that connects with the last one (about Qui Gonn looking for clues--it includes a response from Master Pon, etc), but I want to wait to get more reader feedback, and hopefully give some of you a chance to post more about what's happening with Obi Wan.

I'll wait to hear before I post this next section. :D

Great story so far, everyone!!

16. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey everyone, I hate to do this to you....

I know I agreed to post and be a part of this....but some stuff has come up in RL that has got me really stressed and upset and I won't be able to continue posting in this round robin.

If you want you can find someone else to take my place, but I don't have time to come here often, and definately not time to be helping with this story.

I feel I should tell you all that I can't do this anymore so that you can find someone else rather than just sitting here and not post.

Sorry about this - and I hope you can find someone else to help out.

Btw: I'll post this in the story itself as well so that others will know as well.

~Angel

17. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Yikes! Sorry I disappeared there for awhile.
    Well, since Maera is a healer, I take it she will probably be involved with healing Obi-Wan's illness at some point.
    I have some vague ideas for a post, but first some questions:
    How exactly are the RJ infecting the planet and Obi? Through their use of the Force? Does that mean that Obi would automatically become ill or did someone have to infect him purposely?
    And is it something that has to be healed, or just something that he eventually will fight off and heal himself of?

Thanks and sorry once again for my looong absence! :)

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, uh... I dunno. Maybe just one RJ can be causing the sickness, so the others do not really know what is happening. And they try and heal the person but it could only be a temporary fix or something, until that person agrees to support the RJ, then they get better because the other person stops making them sick.

Does that make any sense?

19. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I think so. (My brain doesn't always grasp things right away, lol. :p )

So basically, one of the RJ--maybe Jazer, since he's the leader??--causes the sickness. The others obviously are aware that all newcomers come down with it, but don't really understand what/who causes it.
    Then maybe we could use Cheveyo's suggestion from earlier that to heal the person the RJ have to use the Force in questionable ways, similar to the ways they're trying to heal the planet. As a result, the sick person is convinced that they are acting for the greater good even if they are defying the Jedi Code and they join the RJ. Does that work?

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Sounds good... one thing, Catonya (my character) is in on it too. I've had her say some pretty suspicious things in previous posts so she's in league with Jazer.

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that I passed the assignment with an "A".....WHEW!

Now I ONLY have to do a scene from Julius Caeser and prepare a five-minute audition piece....my teacher is being so hard on us!!!!!!!!!

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Et tu brute?

Hehe... I've been assigned 'Frankenstien' for a spring break project. It's going to be easy cause it happens to be one of my more favorite books :D

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I was just thinking how the RJ would use the Force 'questionably', and inspiration kinda hit. They are not supposed to take life unless it is in self defence right? Or defending other life. Well, how about they way they cure someone of this disease is they have to drain all the life energy of one creature into the sick person for them to heal fully. But the sick person wasn't really in danger of dying, they would just remain sick indefinetly until this process was done. And I think I know who/what would make a good victim to give it's life Force to Obi. [face_devil]
    That is unless you've got plans for Tyre? Since it's sensitive to the Force it could have alot of life energy to give away, even thought he's so tiny.

BTW, those were some exellent posts. :D Are you sure you had writers block Sari? ;)

24. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hmm....I'll have to think about it....Don't do anything yet, I'll let you know....I kinda had an idea, but I like yours, so I might work around it....but for now, wait. I'll let you know tomorrow.

25. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    JGoC--Oh, yes. I am quite EXTREMELY sure that I had/have writers' block. Trust me. :(
    But I'm glad that the post I finally dragged out of my brain made sense. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.