main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Planning Thread: The Sequel to "The Star Wars" Rough Draft

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vaderbait, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I've been trying to think of an original idea, my whole rewriting the epic saga is on hold as I've gotten a better idea. A fresh idea.

I recently read "The Star Wars Rough Draft" that Lucas wrote years and years ago. I'll send you a link if you want. Anyways, I want to write a sequel, maybe two, to that story, and would like some input as to what you'd like to see happen, new characters (or old real movie characters that aren't in the rough draft) to include, events, etc.

I think this has potential to be a really fresh idea.

2. xaton

xaton Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    how about when a character refers to something that happens in the prequels, it's more discriptive, they give names and stuff i've allways hated that in the original trilogy
    unless your planning on making "the star wars" prequels, hey thats another idea

3. xaton

Jun 17, 2002
    i don't know if that made sence or not

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Vaderbait, I got the exact same idea a while ago! :p I just never found time to write it. I'm not sure if I'll have time during the summer to write it, but I suppose I could find something... ;) I'll have to re-read the draft script again, though.

5. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    I have already done a similar script, a sequel to the second draft. It was called The Princess of Ondos, and it is available on the force.net fanfiction archive. Check it out for inspiration, and feel free to email me for discussion. I compiled information on the rough draft which may be useful to you.

Brendon Wahlberg
    bwahlbrg@pitt.edu

6. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    OK, so maybe my idea wasn't completely original. :p But it's still pretty darn fresh. ;)

EDIT: Here's some things I want to include in the story:

Luke dying and Anakin taking the reigns as the last Jedi.

A few systems form a resistance against the Empire to join Aquilae.

There should be an attempted coup of Da****. Perhaps the Sith taking over.

Should Valorum be a bad guy? In the draft I'm referring to, he goes from bad to helping out the good guys, I'm torn as if he should go back or not return in the story at all.

Anakin to be honoring his fallen brother on Utapau on an anniversary of his death.

Those are the ideas I have so far, now I have to get more ideas and somehow meld them together into a coherent story. :p

7. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    UP! I'm having a really hard time trying to come up with a plot, I suppose it would be cheating, but would anyone like to help me out?

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Just a little tidbit here: in the rough draft, it's Annikin, not Anakin. ;)

I think I'll help you out with this, but right now I'm busy. Expect me to return in 3 weeks or so. :)

9. xaton

Jun 17, 2002
    would you happen to know where i can find the rough draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.