main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Plano Con

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by tre_si_san, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Much fun was had at the Plano Con this past weekend. Throw in the fact that it was my birthday Saturday....and there was much rejoicing. Sandra was there as well as Brent and his sister. Sorry they couldn't stay longer.

Sandra, enjoyed hanging out with you....I have your package and will take it to the meeting Saturday.

Met some new friends from Oklahoma....their group is jediokc......

Carrie Fisher was actually very nice according to Sandra who was so nervous to meet her. Bonnie Piese (young Beru) needs more attention...poor girl had no one getting her autograph...Guys, she is incredibly beautifully HOT!!!!!!!

Kenny and Peter were there and gave a good little talk on Sunday. Got Stephen Sansweet to sign my Star Wars Encyclopedia. Rumors are possible movie box set for the 30th anniversary in 2007, and possible Celebration 4 in 2007. When I talked to him, I told him that the Alamodome is very available, since we all know the Saints won't be staying here in the long run.....Unfortunately he doesn't like San Antonio stemming from his time in basic training here....I told him the city has changed....... :-(

Jonathan "Commander Riker" Frakes signed my Thunderbirds tshirt and was a good guy. His wife Genie Francis is still pretty hot looking. Marc Singer "Beastmaster" has aged and Kevin "Hercules" Sorbo is pretty vain about his hair.....

Our own Cat was there displaying her wonderful art. Cat I want to talk to you about some possible Christmas presents.......

Did not get a chance to see Adam "Serenity" Baldwin....the lines were huge........I was a good boy and did not spend a whole lot of money on items. Was not all that impressed with the dealers room which was quite large. Maybe I just don't know what I actually want to buy anymore... :-(

See you guys at the meeting Saturday......

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Marselles is sad. Marselles is jealous. Marselles wanted to go to the Plano Con. Marselles always misses out. I wanted to meet Carrie Fisher. Lucky...

3. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I'm also jealous. Mars, would you like a hug?

4. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Ewwww, no, dude. Don't touch me.

5. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I must say that the entire experience was heart wrenching for me since I couldn't stay and meet ANYONE! My grandmother's b-day was at 2pm so my sister and I had to split before Steve's big presentation. I never got to meet Carrie but was able to take a photo of her as I left. All in all a horrible experience since I didn't get to do anything or meet anyone. I had only a general admissions pass which got me into NOTHING before 2pm.

I just want to know from Sandra what exactly she finally decided to say to Carrie.

On the upside it was a good bonding experience for my sister and I (though her feet were kill'n her due to the high heels).

-Brent

6. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Sorry to hear about that Brent.. I though you got to see Carrie. I am sad now.

Here is my recap....you can read all about it in here

Sorry Brent and Marselles and anyone else who did not GO, but I had to post my pictures.

7. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Awesome Recap Cat, I wish I could have gone, but the work schedule has got a grip on me. I know I will try to be on hand for the next one, looking forward to having a reunion with some of my buds from DFW FanForce as well as the RPF.

Take Care

John

8. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    The Dallas con was definitely an experience to remember. I debated up to almost the last minute whether or not to go, and I'm very glad I did.

Alex - great to see you again and thanks for hanging out with me on Saturday. I definitely owe you for getting that Lava Reflection Obi. Will get the money to you Saturday at the meeting.

Cat had her beautiful artwork on display. I'm trying to see where I can make room for the lovely Obi and Anakin sketch I purchased. Thank you again!

Brent - glad you could hang out, even if it was for a little while! And you need to do something special for your sister since she spent all those hours on her feet in those shoes! :D

I sent my pics to be developed (yes, I *still* don't have a digital camera) and I should get them back tomorrow. Will be uploading them in the evening and I'll try to remember to post a link here.

Oh, and as for meeting Carrie Fisher? I have NO CLUE what I said to her! I went completely blank, and I'm hoping I had some kind of conversation with her. I know I was reduced to feeling like a five-year-old getting to meet one of my childhood heroes. I was able to get her autograph and she was kind enough to take a pic with me. Wonder if I'll look as intimidated as I felt! Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

9. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Maaaaaaan! I saw your pics Cat and read your blog and now I'm really sad. Congrats Sandra for meeting her highness. I sooo badly wish to meet Carrie Fisher. Dang!!!

(crawls into corner and begins to sob quietly):_|

Oh, yeah, happy birthday Alex (continues sobbing)

10. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Depression.....taking over......will play more Star Wars Commando..........next level will be great....... "Execute order 66"

"Yes sir. I will not get depressed, I will play Star Wars Republic Commando and wipe out the Separatists. It will be done my lord."

Lord Sinner

11. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Anger...taking over....get a job you turd......go outside....get some....sun. Read...a....book.....

12. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I have a job at Jack in The Box, a.k.a. "Jack in The Crack". I have dinero, money, I'm happy. Although, depressed that I still don't have enough money to go places, to take a sweet vacation and go to a convention at this time. Maybe next convention.

Lord Sinner

13. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.