main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plano roll call

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Ok who all plans on going? (just curious)

The family and I are planning on driving down Friday. We'll be staying the night at the Fairfield Inn in Plano. Saturday I will be attending the show.

When is everyone planning on showing up? Are there any plans on meeting up with any other Fan forces for a table thing or what...I know there was talk of this in the past. Is anyone planning on costuming or just going plain clothes? Just some thoughts.

Thanks
    Paul

2. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Costuming all the way, I just improved my scout costume so the pieces won't fall off when I flex my enormous muscles. ;) My mom, Billy, Kenzi, and I are going down friday after I get out of school, we should be on the road about 3:30. We're staying at the Red Roof Inn, that's where I thought everyone was staying. I'm going to meet up with one of my friends at the hotel and maybe go to the mall or do something with the rest of the group. This is my first Fan Force outing, so I don't know what you all did last year, but I'm up for almost anything. But, like I said earlier, I'm gonna be trooping it up at the con on Saturday, gettin all my autographs, and having fun all the way. Then, if everyone else wants to, I'm going to the con on Sunday to take advantage of all the venders trying to get rid of their stuff. Then we're heading home around 4-ish, when the con closes. But those are just our plans. What do the rest of you guys want to do. Lets get this thing a little more organized, please.

3. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Mike and I are going. We are staying at the Redroof. We will be going at 3:30 as well. If that is ok. We want to follow people. The trip up there and going home was the best part, because we had walkie talkies and stopped and ate together!!!

I will be wearing my Yuna. No costume for Mike this time.

4. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Russ and I are going also. (We are leaving Robby at home with grandparents.) We are staying at the Red Roof Inn. I'm not sure when we are leaving either. We planning on going Saturday and Sunday. Probably leave after the con closes.

We will have to meet everybody down there. We won't be able to get away until 4:30 or 5:00

5. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I honestly have no idea what I want to do. I was not able to secure a table like I liked and am kinda short $$$-wise prepping the Delorean for November...

Also, Bree's aunt is coming up that weekend, so that means I would probably have to stay at the hotel... More $$$ I really don't have...

Sucks to be me right now...

-Gary

6. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    "Sucks to be me right now..."

Somehow Gary, I can't imagine it EVER sucking to be you. But alas, I sympathize with you.

Valerie's company is sending her to Orlando Nov 1-7, and I am going with her. Gotta have money to go to the theme parks, right? That means no money to go down to Plano, which stinks, because I would love to go on a group trip sometime. Dena's right, the best part is often the drive there and back. And I can't think of a more awesome group of people to convoy with than this one!!!

You all have fun, and most importantly, be safe!

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Dena, and everyone else who is going to join in the little parade down there, do you want to meet somewhere? Where would be a good spot for you , because I think we'll be coming either from my school (Union Intermediate High School on just south of 71st and garnette), or from Billy and Kenzi's house, I'll need to work that out with them. We have some walkie talkies that we got my dad for Christmas one year also. Billy, are you bringing your pilot costume? Lots of questions to answer, but I just want this to be as organized as possible. Oh, and what kind of stuff did you guys do last year in your free time?

8. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Ever your school or Billy and Kenzi's would be fine to meet. Just let us know which one!

Last year we went out to dinner, and went and played bowling and played video games at the Entertainment Center. Which has pool, and some other stuff all in this one building. It was a lot of fun. Some of us spend time driving around and getting tattoos as well. I can't remember to much more, but it was a blast that is for sure!!!

9. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Ok, I've discussed it with my mom, the driver, and she thinks we should meet at the Albertson's at 71st and Garnette. I get out of school at 2:50, so we could be there by 3:00. So could everyone meet at about 3:15? There is also a gas station in the parking lot, so we can fill up, go to the restroom, and get the snacks we need and then get on the road.

Billy and Kenzi, my mom can just drop by your house on her way and get you guys so you don't have to get your cars out.

How does this plan sound? Is is just going to be Billy, Kenzi, me, my mom, Dena, and Mike2 going? If not, please chime in so we know who to look for!

10. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Sounds good to me! I am sure Mike2 - D2 will be fine with it!!!

11. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on a plan to get to Plano... More as I can get the info...

-Gary

12. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I do plan on bringing my costume.

If Julie wants to pick us up at our apartment, that's fine with us.

13. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Cool. See how much better this is now it's organized, lol. I just hope we can get everything in the back of my mom's car!

14. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Organized, schmorganized. We still had over a week. It's not like any of this couldn't have been decided the day before and worked just as well. :D

15. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Any word if we're going to do something with DFW fanforce when we're down there?

(Yes , its a very SLOW day at work. :) )

16. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    like dinner after the con saturday night? we're doing that.

Brian(Nabooty Call) knows everything that's going on, or should :p

also, friday night we're going out to eat

feel free to come along :)

17. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    What do you think, Tulsa?

I, for one, would love to get together with a bunch of other SW freaks and geeks for food and fun on Saturday night. I know the Dallas/Ft. Worth group will be at the Con as well as members from Houston, Lubbock, Waco, OKC and probably others.

18. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    My mom and I are up for it. I always like meeting new Star Wars fans, that's one reason I joined the fan force in the first place.

19. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

20. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Sounds like a plan to me!

21. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I don't wanna eat with a bunch of wierdo's! But we'll go eat with all the DFW fanforce folks. hehehe

22. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Alrighty - game plan...

I've managed to score a table space (I think). However its on the condition that I be there by 3 in the afternoon on Friday, if not before. Sooo... I will be leaving early tomorrow morning...

Bree will be coming into Plano from Norman on Saturday and bringing Superspud as well :)

-Gary

23. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    How much are tickets for the Con?

Oh and also about what time will you all be leaving the Inn for the Con...so I can try to meet up with you guys.

24. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Have fun for all the schmoes like me who have to work!

Have fun this weekend guys and don't get any tatoos you might regret later!:_|

25. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Everyone have fun and be safe. I am in the midst of moving back into my grandfather's house. I have been gone from work so long now Jake has probably rented out my cubicle and forgotten what I look like hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.