main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Plans for EP3 Charity Premiere

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by YouAgain, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    he'll get worst, you'll get best then ;)
    [face_laugh]

-Mel

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Taxi RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(x2)

Na, he's apparently just showing up in Auckland and expects a bed and booze for this Charity thing. I didn't even want to go. $51 a ticket!? Damn, it's only Star Wars. Now if it was Star Trek...!

Na, never met Solo. He just emails me all the time. It's so annoying. Any time he's on the drink he texts my cell phone. 1:48am no less last Saturday, just to let me a Snoop Dogg song was on. He's such a lame arse. I mean, he wears skivvies. I almost want to call him Wiggles. [face_plain]

I'm sure we'll get in the back of some photo, or geeks or some nerd in a Storm trooper costume, and we'll be looking cool in suits (and my hat). They'll interview me and I'll be like,
    "Yea, I can't wait to see The Hobbit, I think Steven Speilberg will surprise us all, I can't wait for the show tonight. How about you Solo?" and he'll then proceed to give out his Civil Engineering Business card and be all like "Hey babe, call me after the show. *Graduate* Drop it like it HAWWWWT" Meanwhile I'll be at the bar getting my free popcorn and drink ("coke, no ice - I'm cool enough"). And then give the geeky bar chick a wink and I'll get free Tangy Fruits.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Go Woman's Day!!!

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    LMAO bro.

Ahh yes the classic do a runner from the taxi! Super trick that, although was kjionda dumb doing one from the guy when he had just picked us up from my house?? Lucky he didn't come back round!
    Was gonna do a runner the other night/morning in chch for old times sake, but coma'ed out in the back and the taxi mand had to wake me up!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You wish you knew me fool, as for drunken txts i believe you started that so you bought it on yourself!

You crack me up bro, think your too cool for me... ;)

4. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    gosh I wish I could come too just to see you guys in action [face_laugh]

-Mel

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Solo's cell: 027 whosurdady / 027 9467873

You can catch him anytime.

You crack me up bro
    I know, I even made myself laugh at that last post. That's not lame at all!

I might do away with the suit, and go as a Wookie. I'll just go naked and hang some utility belt off my shoulder. My back, legs and chest are hairy enough, and if I growl, I'm sure everyone will know who I am!

I'll be sure to get on the News!

(if not for pure class, because of indecent exposure in a public place - I'll get on Holmes for sure!)

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I might do away with the suit, and go as a Wookie. I'll just go naked and hang some utility belt off my shoulder. My back, legs and chest are hairy enough, and if I growl, I'm sure everyone will know who I am!

*shudders at thought of seeing SFL naked*

Thats not my number fool, it's 027 hawtstuf!! :cool:

7. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    hmmm when I call either of the numbers there's a sexy ladyvoice on the phone asking me what I want :D

-Mel

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, that's his PA. He's a busy lad. We're not playing around. We're perfectly serious. You need to book at least 7minutes before the time you want his services.

Sheesh, German's eh Solo!? Want want want.

:p

9. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    hehehehehe
    that PA has a lot of free time on her hands doesnt she?

-Mel

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So, we should all catch up before 7pm and have a drink. Cause you can't take cameras to this thing and we should document the occasion...

Me
    Solo
    Chansplace
    Kitt

who else is going?

Anyone know a bar close to the cinema in newmarket we could meet?

11. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

I just got my ticket today, apparently there are still plenty left.

I also got to work on making something to wear, and I shall be forever labelled a Star Wars geek, but hey, I've been in the closet about it long enough;) Two options: Sabe decoy from Episode One (wanted to make that for a few years) but if I can get some really groovy fabric a character from EpIII....

So, I know Newmarket has a few places in the smaller streets for pub-like things.
    Anything really geeky friendly though?

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    If they have a problem with you and Chans dressed up... me and solo will claim we don't know you.

:p

13. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Any one happening to be driving past hamilton on the way up?

14. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Any one happening to be driving past hamilton on the way up?

I usually drive past Hamilton as the mere thought of driving through it makes me start to vomit :p

Nah, sorry can't help you there, i'll be flying over it!

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    i'm not sure if I can meet up with you guys beforehand on monday, I'll have to see what our itinerary is. I remember hearing word of an afternoon promotion involving us troopers.

I'm up on saturday though, so if anyones keen to hook up for lunch, early afternoon coffee, afternoon tea, Dinner, After dinner drinks, late evening Booze up, Night cap, breakfast or second breakfast on the 14/15th let me know.

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Who is that LOTR geek /\ ?

Sat mid morning, I'm not doing anything. Esp not going to the airport.

hahahahahahaha

Na, I'm not sure what the day holds for myself and young Mr Solo. I think boozing from just after a solid meal of WENDY'S might be on the cards. Sat night we'll be causing a storm in town and then sunday we'll be sleeping, then getting anti hangover wendy's and then probably drinking again. Monday, will probably be into Auck's to mope around as I scored the day off work.

Na, I'm not sure at all. Just fire a text or call and see what we're doing. If someone is near, and sober enough - we'll try catch up! :p

Sat lunch might work on way from airport back out west...

17. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    I just happened to be in Newmarket today (fabric hunting) and noted there are two pubs on the corners of Kyber Pass and Broadway (

There's also a Starbucks;)

I'm probably going to be dressed as Mon Mothma from Episode III, so could possbly pass as a novice nun if queried...

BTW, I usually haunt the costuming and props forum. Have been around here before though.

18. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I work in Newmarket. Shame that there isn't a Wendys there, or we could go there :)

19. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    From what SFl has been saying it seems that we will be living on Wendy's that weekend! [face_pig] [face_pig] [face_laugh]

20. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Mmm bacon cheese burger. Too bad the McDonalds and Burger King in Newmarket are both disgusting. [face_plain]

Are any of you actually going to "see" it at the premier? I certainly don't have 50 bucks to spare on one screening, even if it *is* Star Wars.

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yep we are going to SEE it at the Premier. :)

I wouldn't spend a whole weekend with SFL just for fun [face_laugh]

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, Solo's far too good looking for me to spend a weekend with him if not for a decent reason. I'd get too depressed :(

Yea, Winter, cause only in Newmarket BK and Macca's are yuk. :p They are both crap. One of those pubs sounds ok! Or we could PM each other cell's and the first in can just find somewhere and text people. I'm keen for a few drinkies before the show :p

23. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    an ammendment - I actually arrive in auckland saturday evening. I heve already organised a ride frm th airport. still plenty of time to catch up on sunday :)

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    The later the better. Solo and I will both need to find out way back to my place from where ever we end up. We then need to sober up, eat WENDYS and maybe then we can catch up. :p

Yup, Sunday should be ok... I have Monday off, so maybe Sunday evening or something... just text.

My cell for those wanting to catch up monday before the show 027 222 9734

Just tell me who you are, or I'll either ignore it or get abusive. lol

25. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Way to give out your number, you gonna get some scary txts!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.