main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Plans for EP3 Charity Premiere

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by YouAgain, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    <pimpin' Sam's the man.

No different to the one's I get from you.

:p

2. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    Sorry to break into the dialogue ;) , but this is worth mentioning - I just got the message from the Variety Club last night that Jay Laga'aia and Keisha Castle-Hughes have been confirmed as guests for the charity premiere!

SWNZ.co.nz/moretext.php?request=20050505

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I love you Keisha. peow peow!

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    We are so going up to her and doing that!

5. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    My names jono, but you can me.....later

[face_laugh]

6. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    I am so tempted to go up to Jay and say "ohmygodohmygod! Like, your wife taught me Calculus!!!!!"

hehehehe, true actually, I wonder if she'll be there. Or if the marital front has changed since 93.... *cough*showsherage*cough*

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    According to his Street Legal Bio he's married to 'Sandie' http://www.streetlegal.co.nz/jay_laga'aia.htm

In the celebration III starwars.com coverage, he mentioned he'd just become a father for the sixth time a couple of weeks ago.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Jeez, the force is strong with him.

9. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    ^ lol (ypur just jealous)

So who's all coming out for a drink on Monday night beforehand??

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    gonna be busy for us trooper on monday. anyone for lunch on Sunday?

11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    You troopers think you're soooooo cool :p

If by lunch you mean hungover breakfast at the time normal people would have lunch

Then yeah i guess me and SFL will be 'up' for it

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Should be. Wendy's? Hungover Wendy's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

13. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    Damn I couldn't afford premiere tickets or win them but I'm going to an advanced screening on wednesday night with THe Rock fm

14. Neimhaille

May 12, 2002
    Darn, I'll be busy finishing my costume... The last chance to do so you see;)

Umm, but yeah I'm going to be in town/New Market for ages before the showing.. darned Westie that I am it's difficult to get out there.

Well darned gimpy, non driving Westie that I am. The worst kind.

But I claim no responsibility for Ewan Gilmore.

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Righto guys and gals, I'm on my way - see you at the other end.

16. MarkFan

MarkFan Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    First post ( it took all day to get the confirmation email so I could log in is that normal ? )

I just wondered re the NO recording devices or cellphones condition. I want to bring my digital camera to take pics of those of you in costume and the crowds etc do you think I am going to get reprimanded ?
    I don't want to face the possible humiliation of having my camera taken from me by security.
    Does anyone else plan on taking theirs ?

I am taking my 12 year old son and really want to have a record of the evening.
    I have no intention of trying to take spoiler shots during the actual screening.

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, MarkFan :)

I'm planning on bringing my digital camera. I doubt they'd stop anyone taking photos in the lobby. I'm thinking it will be the usual situation with any blockbuster film ... the ushers will be in the aisles during the screening, making sure no one is taping it.

18. MarkFan

MarkFan Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    I will bring it and just hope for the best. I am pretty sure they will not arrest me HA.

What TIME are people planning to arrive. I have no idea where to park or anything. Anyone would think I don't live in Auckland. The out of towners probably have more idea then I do.

19. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm aiming to be there around 7pm or so. There's a carpark right opposite the cinema, next to the warehouse ... except I imagine that will be full pretty early on. You can park on the street after 6pm for free. There's various carpark buildings around, but just watch the closing times ... the 277 shopping carpark, for instance, closes at 10pm, so avoid that.

village.co.nz recommends a kyber pass carpark:

"Parking: 50% discount at Newmarket Carpark, 459 Khyber Pass on presentation of same-day cinema ticket. Various other paid parking available locally."

20. Hyjinks

Hyjinks Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    Hey guys, I've already E-mailed Ticketek and they said "As stated in #5 of our Terms & Conditions: "Cameras, audio & video recorders may not be permitted". That includes cell phones too...

21. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, they may state that, but enforcement is another thing alltogether.

When I went to the screening on the 6th, they didnt frisk us, make us sign anything. The only thing they did do was have security guards posted at the front of the screen watching the audience for the whole film.

I expect that will be the extent again.

But dont take my word for it :D

22. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I have traveled up from RotoVegas with three of my kids we can't wait to get there. This is gonna rock. So who's gonna rub it in the 3sa after they have seen it.LOL

23. Neimhaille

May 12, 2002
    OK, I have my costume haning up, I have changed my hair colour and eyebrows (yay for Natalie having nice thick eyebrows;) ) and my spoiler costume is hanging on the dressform.

Oh yeah and the night shall be spent with perm rods in my hair... pain? Well probably, but hey...

I'll be in the Water Dress, so will probably be fairly identifiable. Not sure if I'll manage the streamers and flowers in the hair, but it was difficult enough going from Titian red to dark (still reddish) brown.

They probably won't have a place for early people to go hang around at will they? Just a tad worried about hanging around in the dark before then;)

24. MarkFan

MarkFan Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    I just checked out your costuming website, wow you sure put a lot of hard work in to your costumes. Kudos to you, I will come up and introduce myself tonight if I spot you.
    My name is Wendy btw I will be in normal Mum takes son to the movies clothes HAHA.

http://swnz.dr-maul.com/loadimg.php?r=Coll2/20050402_09&name=Stormtroopers_with_K-Mart_Staff

That is my daughter on the far right who won't be coming tonight apparently she "hates" Star Wars, I think I might have to disinherit her !

25. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow, you dyed your hair and eyebrows? That's pretty dedicated :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.