main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plans for Episode II release...

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by starwars1138, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwars1138

starwars1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey Gang,

I am brand new here and plan to get to the next meeting of the Atlanta FanForce Chapter (hope to at least).

After watching the new DVD, I have gotten pumped up again for the release of Ep II. Me and a few friends had a great time for the last release (see the story and the pictures here: http://www.geocities.com/starwarstoast/episode1release.htm )

I would like to keep the tradition going for the next release and figured the logical place to start was with the FanForce group (as like minded nutballs should always stick together).
    Are there any group specific plans for any events to honor the release of EpII? If not, let's start talking about making some...

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Chris Petersen

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Welcome to our little corner of the galaxy, Chris. :)

As of right now, we do not have any definite plans for Episode II, but it is something that we are discussing.

If you are interested in keeping up with our discussions, continue checking in here. It might also be a good idea to join our mailing list, as much of the behind-the-scenes planning takes place there. Just surf on over to Our Mailing List Sign Up Page.

You can also visit our website at HothlantaRebels.com

If you have any Episode II event suggestions, please feel free to share them with us. :)

3. starwars1138

Oct 26, 2001
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I have subscribed to the mailing list so as to get the inside scoop. I look forward to understanding the meaning of "sprinkles" :)

As far as ideas go for the release, old habits die hard. We had a great time camping out for about 2 days last time. It was a lot of work to get it all planned and organized (getting permission to do silly stuff is not as easy as it should be!), but it was well worth it. So, if I had to vote, I'd vote for something along those lines. Though I think it would be cool to integrate it with a charity (we wanted to last time but did not have the resources or planning time).

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and if anybody likes the idea, I am plenty open for ellaboration and further discussion. Or, if anybody else has any other plan ideas, I am up for that too. I just know that I will not be able to sit idly by and let the movie premier without some warranted lunacy!

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Oh my god! That is too funny! I was there. I was at the Perimeter Point line. I even have a badge from you guys for that. I 'm even in one of your photos. I'm in the photo that says Crunch Time. You can see my wife and me in it. We were towards the front of the line. She is wearing a brown dress and I am slightly visible behind her. I have dark hair in the photo. Amazing! We have been talking about an "official" Atlanta line up for Episode II. My vote was for the Regal Hollywood 24 off of 85 North. We just need to make some in-roads with the theater management. Welcome to the group StarWars1138!!

5. starwars1138

Oct 26, 2001
    Haha! Small world eh? I wish you could have been there to camp out, we had a BLAST! We hooked up a TV and watched the movies all night, marathon SW monolpoly etc...

Well, I will tell Bev (she did the badges - I got Dell to donate the lanyards) that somebody out there still has one of them. I bet that you filled out one of those surveys too. We never got around to compiling the results, we were so overwhelmed with the total Star Wars saturation that summer that quite frankly, once it was over, we were all a bit burned out.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully we can put this topic on the agenda for the next meeting. I hope to come (and bring a few buddies too) to the next hothlanta rebels meeting.

Talk to you all soon.

Chris

6. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    We have actually been tossing this discussion around a bit at the meetings, but nothing has been decided yet. We just got started in May, so we are still trying to establish ourselves as a club. Our next meeting is actually at my house, though usually we try to go for a public location. The group is having a Thanksgiving potluck as well with I think ham from the Honeybaked ham store. We are going to vite on officers at the meeting too. However, now that we are more organized, I know our future focus is defnitely on the Episode II line and going to the SW Indy Celebration.

7. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey Chris! Welcome to the group!
    I would like to do something for EPII but not having done anything for EPI other than see it 12 times, ideas from an experienced liner would be great!

8. starwars1138

Oct 26, 2001
    Well, since we are on the topic, I throw out our plan of attack from when we did it.

Location: Where to do it. We did it at Perimeter POinte becuase it was THX and we had sort of an "in" with management. Theater company makes alot of difference. Many chains have very little autonomy from their corporate regional management. AMC for one, is very "by the book" and the book prohibits that type of activity. Now, you can just show up without permission and see what happens, but I would hate to plan something and then get run off.

Once we found a location, we formally pitched the idea. We dressed well, and scheduled a time to meet with the management. Bring up points about exposure, good PR etc... A highlight tape of our last line would be great as we taped all of the TV spots on VHS. If charity involvement were a factor, this is a great time to mention that too, though many company's have favorite charities that they work with exclusively (which is why our idea got nixed last time). Then you have to secure the property owners permission since they are the insurable agent for the property (the theater is usually only responsible for inside the building - the property owner/manager handles the "grounds" so to speak. This is the sticky part becuase the owners are not likely to be "available" for a pitched idea like this and it is usually the anchor store (in this case the theater) who has to secure permission. We had much more grandios plans that we had to pull back on for fear of it getting too large and out of control. You have to be very carefull and not leave yourself legally liable should something bad happen (a drunk and unruly fan breaks a window and now all of the sudden they want to hold the "organizers" responsible etc...). Anyway...

After all that, it is the little things that get worked out. We started in Feb 99 and I'll admit, we were rushed to get it all done in time.

So, I have rambled enough. For those of you who have not checked it out, look at my website (it's ugly but the content is what counts right?) for pictures and such.

I found 14 rolls of film that my ex and I never developed and I think there are some "line" pictures int here. I pick them up today, we'll see.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.