Vancouver Plans for May

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    So guys, do we have any plans for the big premiere??

Anyone got any ideas for a club event on a midnight screening perhaps??

Anyone know if we are going to have an IMAX thing for Episode III??

Lets try to discuss it here...
  2. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    The following is what I would like to do between now and May 19th, in no particular order:

1) Have a weekend marathon trilogy night, similar to what we did last November. Someone could bring the OT DVD's while the rest of us bring pop, chips and assorted other munchies, and just watch all three movies straight.

2) The same as above, only we do it with TPM and AOTC. It would be more fitting if we did this the weekend before we all go see ROTS.

3) Have a general meetup. Nothing too fancy, nothing too costly. Mike could bring the Trivial Pursuit DVD Star Wars game, and we could play that.

I'm open to any other ideas that you guys wanna do.
  3. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'd like to go to the midnight premiere in costume - hopefully at the new Paramount Place on Burrard and Smithe. I asked a couple of the site workers there if it will be open in time for ROTS, and they said "that's the plan - that's why we're working 12 hour shifts, so this can be done in time for Star Wars. Everyone's asking us that!"

I'll see if I can find someone to contact about that, as in, theatre management contacts. I'm sure they'd love to have us there in costume to help promote the place as well as the movie.
  4. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    I say we line up on May 6th to buy tickets. :D

And, TIE, if we have that get-together, someone needs to supply the booze as well. ;) :p
  5. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh my, if Paramount place opens up in time for Episode III, then we MUST do teh midnight thing there!!!! Pretty sure it would be sweet to watch the movie there. Ill also ask around about that.. thanks for the heads up Sister_Sola!! :D

Im up for any of those activities Alex, we just need to find out who's interested and when they are available.

We should do some sort of monthly meetings like they do in New YOrk FF. They meet up in like a mall every month to plan activities and give updates and all that about the club. Not to mention planning for their own FanFilm (which might be something we could look into in the near future).

Well, if Paramount does open in time for ROTS, who's interested in coming in for a midnight viewing??
  6. dooku-ca-choo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd be interested in a midnight showing, sounds like fun.
  7. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yea I'd like that, Let's meet up for a midnight showing. I'll bring my Anakin ROTS prop saber ;) I can show it off. And the weekend before we could do what TIEpilot said. Who had a big house that will fit all of us? I can probly bring chips or the DVD.

By the way my email is Crazycrazzzy@hotmail.com
  8. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    dont have a big house, but im sure my Dad wont mind if we use his big screen!!! Remember my Dad's TV Alex?!? lol.... Im pretty sure we can cram about 15 people in here.... :D
  9. Wedge_B5 Jedi Padawan

10. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, so we will definitely do a Midnight screening....

Oh and does anyone have any artistic skills?? I was wondering if we could come up with a Club Logo of some sort so I can get some Shirts and Caps made for premiere night... Let me know if anyone is interested with this mini-project im thinking of via PM or email:

Myythos@death-star.com

Cheers
  11. Master_Ikrik Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm learning how to use Photoshop and i'm excelling, so i could put something together, but i've got school and all.
  12. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Im a natural artist. I've been doing art since i was 1 and a half. Im one of the best around I would say ;). My plan is to an artist. I draw so much. I love it there's nothing better.
  13. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    Awesome... lets try to come up with a couple of designs then post them here so everyone from Tipoca City can vote on it before we use it as an "official" logo for shirts and whatnot.

Just a few things:

1. Keep it clean

2. Either have Tipoca City/ Vancouver FanForce/ or both on the logo.

3. Must be easy to read

4. if you have specific color coding, pls make it shirt/cap friendly

5. Have fun with it
  14. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
  15. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Iv'e got something, Im just jotting it down on paper now. It's says Vancouver (In star wars lettering) then at the bottom it says Tipoca City, Fanforce
  16. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Sub-Zer0/.bmp

That's it. Anyone Got idea's for the colour? We should vote what colour it should be and What picture from ROTS (perferably a promo) we should choose to put on the shirts if we want? Like the ideas? Comments and Questions and Idea's are welcome.
  17. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Just be careful not to violate any copyright laws (LFL is very vigilant with that kind of thing) when choosing an image to actually have printed on shirts or anything like that.

Posting links to pics is one thing, taking images to make shirts might actually be a copyright violation.
  18. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    True. Well we can all wear the shirts to the Premiere. But I have to give the desighn to somone so they could get the shirts printed. I dont have time, It will cost money though so we'll have to pitch in. And we could all meet up in about a week or 2. Then again to watch all the movies. Then Finally the premeire.

Who volunteers to ask a place how much it would be to make these shirts?
  19. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    The post office in Lougheed Mall does it for about $15-20, I think.
  20. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

star 3
    DOg's Ear can get the logo embroidered on hats/caps and shirts/sweatshirts.. the price is normally about $4 on the logo and the price on whatever you put it on.. Example: Cap with flexithingy on it is at $9, +$4 on logo = $13

But I asked them and they said if we ordered in bulk, the prices would be reduced...

Only catch is, since its a new logo... we need to convert a jpeg logo to an embroidering logo which would cost $50... but thats it.. the rest is depending on the item you want an embroided logo on...

As for copyrights and all that.. I have no idea how that normally works... but if it will only say Vancouver Fanforce and Ewan Mcgregor's face isnt in there, then I dont think we are stirring any pots...
  21. Wedge_B5 Jedi Padawan

Got a flat mate that wants to come along as well.
    D
  22. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well I now know that the new Paramount Place theatre will be opening next week, so it is now definitely a possibility for the ROTS midnight premiere.

I emailed some BC Famous Players contact about some of us showing up in costume and helping promote it that way - and he said he would forward my email to the general manager for the theatre. He didn't say who that was, but as I am planning on seeing a movie there next week, I will see if I can get in touch with someone on site and get this thing rolling.
  23. AnakinStarwalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks Sister_Sola! We need to get this information before May 6th, So we could get tickets AND so we could decide what theater we're all going to.
  24. Darth-Fan Jedi Youngling

Yay I found my old username.

EDIT: My new username (which I dont go by anymore since I found me earlier one :D) I did post here, If you want to know who I was just PM, Im too tired to post more.
  25. DarthCopper Jedi Knight

I too am gonna give it a shot at a T-Shirt design. With 2 years animation training, life drawing, cominc book illustration and story boarding I feel some what qualified. Cool?

Anyhoo, I would like to go to the new theater and I want to go where most costumed people plan to be. I am making a sweet trade for my costume and it's already mostly done. S.Sola was gonna try and help but she has no time (hugs to you anyways) but I am on the go now. He helps me with my costume and I make the props for his. MAY IS COMING!!! I think we should all get together for Halloween too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.