main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Plans for the Next Meeting??? Sunday August 24th!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by _Vengeance_, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Alrighty, so the last meeting wasn't all that big of a success, but was still fun nonetheless. We've got some ideas on brochures and things, and before we start passing them out, maybe we should plan a meeting, put the date on the brochures, and that may get people to check the boards sooner, since there would be a meeting set and they would need to figure out all the info.

Jim, I will check the brochure on Monday, my laptop will be working by then so I can load it up, and we can figure out some stuff to do with it. Once done, I can host it on my website so anyone here can download it, print it, and take it to any stores nearby and ask to set 'em up.

Which leads to the meeting! Yay! When's good for everyone and where's good? Anytime is good on this end of the stick, as is anywhere. Erik suggested maybe having it at his house, we can barbeque (Jabba the Hutt patties, lol!), blast Star Wars, get some stuff laid down for the Sabre class (anyone have a van? We could all go on a trip to the hardware store for supplies, lol. Just picture it once (and if) we get a Garrison, trailing into Home Depot with a squad of Storm Troopers at your tail, hahaha!!) and other geek like stuff. So let's get a moving!

Edit: added date in the header to make thread easier to find

2. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    I'm working on it bro :)
    I am in process of moving right now, but stay in contact as far as the flier goes, Jeff and I have got one of the fliers printed up already and were gonna make some copies of it and maybe throw them up around Salem :)

3. Ghost_Leaf

Ghost_Leaf Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2003
    PARTY AT ERIK'S HOUSE!

That's pretty much all I have to say.
    I don't see any other place. I also like the idea of more people showing up...

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Well , I'm up for hosting. We would have to have a good head count. I have a 2bdrm w/small dinning area where Fenix and my computers' are blasting stormtroopers daily on Galaxies(well not really, they are pretty tough). Fenix picked up KOTOR for the Xbox(very cool), so we have lots to stay buisy with. The drive for the Salem folks might be long so you guys might want to car pool if possible. I live in Fairview which is near Gresham/outside Portland. Sat or Sun, but not the 16th or 17th(Camping).

5. Ash_Skywatcher

Ash_Skywatcher Jedi Master

Mar 5, 2003
    mabye i could actually get to this one

6. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Ash, if you could show up that would be awesome. The more the merrier!

Jim, checking out the brochures in about 10 seconds, once I look it over I'll write ya.

-Cheers!

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I'll post up some driving directions once we nail down a date for the meeting. Noon sound good for a time?

8. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Hey Guys! How about Sunday, 12pm on the 24th. I think it might work out that way because it is before LaborDay weekend and school starts for some of you. Need a head-count for those who WILL show. Galaxies, KOTOR Xbox, and other SW goodies on hand. We can discuss anything and everything SW. Try to carpool, it is a long drive from Salem to here in Fairview. It is off of I-84E going toward Troutdale. Driving directions will come after confirmation of people wanting to go.

9. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm definitely going to be there, which means that Ghost and Artemis will most likely be coming along, too. I've got some more places to put fliers up at which should draw in (hopefully) a lot more people to the boards, so by then we should have a bigger turn out. If this does go gold, I'm bringing my Sabacc deck, lol. Hopefully we'll get a good crowd this time.

-Cheers!

10. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Well, here are the driving directions for the meeting at my place. If you are coming from Salem/Portland area- Go N. I-5 to I-205N. Take I-84 East to Fairview/207th exit #14. Take a right at light. Go south on 207th to Halsey st. Take a left at light and go past Target on your right. Next light, take a right to Fairview Village. At a stop sign, turn LEFT then turn Left again into the apt.complex. The 3rd long building is mine, next to the pool. Park anywhere. Signs will be posted to mark the way. Carpooling is recomended. See ya here, Sunday 24th Aug. Highnoon, thats 12pm...

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    So... should I go ahead and post the meeting announcement on the main page of fanforce for you?

12. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I haven't been around lately so I apologize but I am definitely up for the next meeting!

So...what's been going on? -Count

13. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Hello Count! Well, Jim has temporarily left the FanForce for personal reasons, so we're without a CR and will have to vote for an interim CR sooner or later. We also got ourselves a banner (as you've probably noticed), and Nick made us an OFF avattar. I hope you can show up for the meeting! The more the merrier!

14. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Cool. Nice work on improving our chapter. I would come, but it`s a tad bit too far. Japan doesn`t have a fanforce chapter, either. Oh well. Have fun! :D

-IJedi

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have posted your meeting information on the main page of Fanforce. Please let me know if I need to make any corrections. This is what was posted:

Fanforce Main Page

16. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Alrighty, thanks Linda! Let's get us a head count on who's all coming so far. I'll definitely be there. Erik, is Paul coming? I'm going to be running around for the next couple of days all over Salem and Portland, so I'm taking a bunch of the fliers with me. Hopefully we'll get some more users before Sunday!

-Cheers!

17. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Sweet. Hopefully we'll have more join us and attend the meeting. Lots to do, see, and enjoy here. I'll have a few munchies available. Paul(my brother) will be here also so we will have 2 computers to play SW Galaxies. Fun stuff. Follow the directions closely and there will be signs to guide you. Hope to see you here Sunday Aug.24 12 pm-???

18. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    PM me if you want actual address # and a phone# for map users purposes and in case someone gets lost.

19. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Alright, thanks Erik! Okay, if anyone's going to any stores or something today where you think some Star Wars fans would be going (Comic books stores, Wal*Mart, Target, Bookstores, et cetera) bring along one of these and ask if you can put it up by the cashier. I havn't looked at it in awhile, so I don't remember if it has the direct url to our boards or not. If it just has the url to the fanforce site or main boards, change it to the http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10057 url. See you guys tomorrow!

20. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, seems like my family pulled a fast one on me and are dragging me off to the airport to pick up my sister and grandma, then take them back to "spend the day with them." So, I won't be able to come... dargh... doesn't family just irritate you sometimes? Ugh... sorry about this, but I don't think I'll be able to come... Umm, Artemis and Ghost may still be going, I dunno, they're over at a friend's of ours' house tonight, so probably not. Damnit... sorry about that. Anyways, hope you guys have fun tomorrow! Vote us a good interim!

-Cheers!

21. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Is anyone coming to the meeting today?? PM me.

22. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Well, Ash Skywatcher showed up and we played Galaxies, talked SW stuff and had a good time. September meeting will hopefully be better with more people. We should try to schedule something so folks who attend school can make it. October, we should have the meeting at the Portland comic book show, Oct.12th 10am-5pm Rose Quarter in Exhibit Hall. Good stuff is always found there. Plus who could ask for better exposure to tons of people? Let's do it and make our presence known!

23. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, glad you guys had a good time, and sorry I couldn't make it! Alright... Ummm, The weeked of September 13th and 14th is the most holy Shrewsbury Faire, and the beginning of the Oktoberfest, so that either shoots plans, or heightens them. If you guys like fantasy stuff, we can all shove off to Shrewsbury or something and amble about there, and if you're into the wonderful ways of the Germans, Oktoberfest is ALWAYS fun! (Does San Diego have an Oktoberfest there abouts? We may have something they don't! Even if it has nothing to do with SW!!!) So that could be a good time for the meeting. As for the idea of having the October meeting at the Portland Comic Book Show, yes, we should! Get some good lookin' brochures goin', get our Jedi robes and cloaks out, and part-ay at the con.

-Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.