main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Plans for the second meeting on January 13th.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Halo, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halo

Halo Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    First off, the meeting today went extremely well. The room that future meetings will be in is adequate if you can get past the Alice-In-Wonderland-esque carpet and the Barney poster. Everyone who attended the innaugural meeting received high-quality versions of all the Ep II trailers on VHS. SeaTrooper and Delaya were unofficially elected the chairpeople. After an hour and a half of talking, planning, joking, and laughing, we convened to Chili's for lunch. From there we went to Toys 'R' Us and restrained ourselves from buying the eighty dollar Lego TIE-Interceptor.

From what I can tell, this should be a great group. Personally, I had a wonderful time, and we weren't even all there.

The second meeting is scheduled for January 13th in the same place at the same time. The consensus was to keep holding the meetings on the second Sunday of every month. Alas, we didn't bring a camera, but we'll have one next time along with a video camera. One of the things we'll be doing is working on costumes for the upcoming Cons. A small group of us that hung out until around 11 thought it would be a good idea to do something after lunch such as mini-golf or anything else along those lines. It's too bad Mystery Fun House is closed :)

So, today was definitely a success, and I hope to see more people at the next one.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It sounds as if you guys had a good time. I'm very glad to hear that everything went well. I can't wait to see how this group progresses. :)

By the way, I'm curious as to how many folks attended the meeting.

If y'all need anything, let me know.

3. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Thank you Halo for that wonderful summary of yesterdays meeting. We had a grand total of 8 people at the meeting, and like Halo said we had a great time! Those trailers were especially nice. Excellent job Jay! Hope to see more of you guys and girls at the next meeting on January 13, 2002.

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    8 people? Wow! That's terrific! I can't wait to see how your next meeting turns out. :)

5. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    That's it! I am soooo coming to the next meeting. I'm gonna beg my mom and my cousin. Maybe one of the two will find it in their hearts to take me.

It sucks being 14 and still not ever being able to drive due to visual imparement. Oh well I'll explain that at the next meeeting. It's a long story.

I think I can get past the Barney poster and Alice in Wonderland carpet. lol

6. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I'm working up the agenda for the next meeting. There are som bisiness aspect;s I want to smooth out and after that it'll be fun and games time.
    Come one come all... the show is about to start.
    Buzz

7. ShiraBrie

ShiraBrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2001
    I just wanted to add I had a blast yesterday. Awesome group, and kudos to Jay for the trailers. Thanks again! :) Or should we keep calling him Wolfgang? ;) Good thing I skipped the Toys-R-Us, as I hate shopping when I'm short on funds.

Looking forward to the next meeting, and I hope to see some more new faces.

8. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    The 13th both Anthony and I will be coming up from Ft. Lauderdale. So count on two more at least.

9. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Glad to hear you'll be joining us! If you need directions or have questions, I'm the person to ask! :)

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Thems my boys there!!!!!!! Tahnks for coming guys.

Here is the tentitive agenda for next month. Just food for thought.
    First hour...
    -Think about a group name.
    -Consider a website to show off and direct the rest of the FanForce too.
    -discuss any projects or parties we may want to have.
    Second hour...
    -Mega Con preparation assistance. Any gamers teach other interested parties the RPG/
    -CCG guys teach the card came.(I'll volunteer for that one.)
    -Costuming folks pass out suggestions on how how to help others with their projects and what not.
    After that... Putt Putt if the weather is nice, bowling if it bites.
    Any comments or suggestions will be helpful.

For Febuary in the Second HourI am kicking around the idea of inviting all of our local film makers to come and show us their works, and tell us about any up coming projects they have. I'll bring my TV/VCR combo for it.
    Buzz

11. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Are you reading my mind again Buzz? Your tentative agenda ideas mirrored my own.
    There is a mini golf place right off of 436 too! ***looks around nervously*** that is, if they still allow me in there.... :)

12. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Sounds good, hope I can make it next time. If I can help with designing a web site just ask. I know HTML pretty well( everything on my site was coded in just plain old notepad) and can even do some ASP web pages. Now if I can find a job doing that...or just a job period!

13. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    I can bring lots of Fan Films on VHS or CD or even DVD for some if we want too. :)

14. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Sounds like fun!

About the costumes, I'm only 14 and kinda short. Who could I possibly be? :)

15. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    An R2 unit! :D

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Actually, one of the members of my FanForce group dressed up as R2 for Halloween.

17. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Good one Gita!!! Maya... I think you are in now that you got a zing from Gita.
    I can wire my laptop to the TV/VCR combo.
    Buzz

18. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Minacia, I thought you had a non-SW Halloween. No?

Buzz, first of all, it's May*o*. Second of all, ... Ok, the first one was all I had to say...

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Gita, we did allow SW costumes at our Halloween party, but we did ask our 501st members to wear something other than their armor, since we see them in that at most functions that require a costume. :)

Need another costume idea for those who are short of stature? Why not dress up as a Jawa? Sure they're not as cute as R2 units, but the costume would be easier to make. ;)

20. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    R2 is definetly cutter than a Jawa.
    I really think that this next meeting will be, as Buzz would say, epic. Seeing everyone getting invloved like this makes me almost want to cry. Almost. ;)

21. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    For the costuming stuff, are we wearing it or just bringing it in for others to see?
    I'm going to put together a photo album with the few events and such I've done too.

22. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    sorry i missed the meeting guys....i had finals to study for and i really needed the extra time :(

23. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Ia-Bou!!!!!! Missed ya young Jedi!!!! I've been kinda worried and am glad it has been shcool that has you wrapped up.
    I guess loosing a 200 page epic crimps you time too.
    I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting. And meeting you too.
    Buzz

24. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    While I look forward to costuming events, IMHO wearing costumes to regular meetings crosses way over the geek/Trekkie line. We don't wanna be TOO much of a freak show for the librarians.

...but then, that may just be my partypoopiness talking.

25. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Not at all Jay, that was the answer I was hoping to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.