Plasma Venting Unit - Stop By & Blow Off Some Steam

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Sep 26, 2002.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
  2. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I'm here to support your no OPPM kitty shananagens!
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Wow, sorry to hear that. :(
  4. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks, everyone.

The Force works in mysterious ways.... My friend with the flower shop, one of his employees is having a rough go at life and needs some time off, and this is wedding season. So I'll be helping him out for June. After that, we'll see what happens.
  5. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Uhm, how would you need a break from flowers? Good for you that they do :D
  6. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I had to take a break from crochet after working for a yarn enthusiast publisher, so I can understand.
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm sorry to hear that your position was eliminated, Q. It's good that something came up to tide you over. Here's to hoping that this gives you time to find something really cool to take it's place.

Was this week national layoff week or something? They had some layoffs at my work on Thurs. I'm ok, but I feel terrible for the people who had their positions eliminated. :(
  8. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    No, because we just hired an analyst & 3 more auditors :)
  9. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm very glad it worked out that I'm able to help Arthur with the flowers -- wedding season can be super intense (I guess his employee has been slowly unravelling for a while, which I didn't know until after I lost the other job, and she definitely needs some time to get her life back in order), and now I can explore other options. It was just so sudden and I'll miss seeing Sarnia and a couple of the others twice a week.

Bugger about the layoffs at your place, Taeriel. That's hard.

10. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I am disliking the latest version of Firefox. They switched around where everything is! I keep clicking on the wrong things. Most common problem is opening a new window instead of a new tab. It's driving me nuts. [face_beatup]
  11. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I am fed up with telemarketing text messages. I'm on the no-call list and that includes texts to a cell. I started filing FCC complaints each time but doubt it will help anytime soon. I necked to see about blocking the numbers of the common ones (some I get the same thing over and over). AT&T wants to CHARGE me $5/month to block them?? Seriously, charge me money to stop another company from sending me messages which AT&T can charge me for themselves? (I have a limited text plan.)
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  14. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    $%R$&^*^%$#$%*!!! DMV!!! $510 to get our trailer plates taken care of. The least the ^&^*)#'ers could do is give us a head's up of what it might cost before we get there.
  15. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    stupid tooth

I should have gotten more icecream
  16. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    There is no such thing as too much ice cream when tooth issues are involved.... :( [:D]
  17. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Sicne we got hit by that storm the other day, the roofing contractors (aka vultures, aka scam artists) have been prowling up and down every street in town. By mid-afternoon yesterday, I got fed up with the constant doorbell ringing and put up a sign on the door telling them to go away. Mel and I took a walk around last night, and now virtually every house that doesn't have a roofing contractor sign in the yard has a home made sign in the door telling off the contractor sales pukes. [face_laugh]

If I want my roof replaced, I'll call my insurance adjuster, thankyouverymuch.
  18. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Hot water is broken at the gym. Cold shower, and need to wash my hair. Just what I wanted for a Monday morning. Not. [face_plain]
  19. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Work. *bites tongue* :mad: :oops: :rolleyes: I need a drink. Sadly, I will have to settle for some hot coco without any beneficial additives.
  20. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Can't you just poison whoever is bugging you? I find it's effective.
  21. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Alas, I fear it would be frowned upon. I did go talk to two others about it, one of whom is in the same boat with me. He laughed, 'cause it's so ridiculous.

Transitions can be rough. Hopefully things will even out before long.
  22. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I need a stronger drink, but unfortunately all I have on hand is half a glass of hard cider. I shall have to rectify this heinous state of affairs this weekend, regardless of my best diet intentions.

So, back a year and a half ago or so, I cosigned for my sister's housing lease. I used to ask her every month to make sure she had paid her rent, but I guess I fell out of the habit recently. Well, I just got a letter from the housing board saying she was 5 months behind in rent and electricity, and they would appreciate it if I paid it now.

Yeah, so not happy. :mad:
  23. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    When I woke up this morning, I had a difficult time closing my window. It took my sleep-fogged brain a few seconds to figure out that this was because the screen was broken and the frame bent all out of shape. WTF? It looks like someone or something was trying to break in by bending it out. It's really broken.

What the heck is going on all of a sudden? Did I lose a rabbit's foot that I didn't know I had in the first place?? :_|
  25. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    that's terrible! so sorry [:D]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby