main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plasma Venting Unit - Stop By & Blow Off Some Steam

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have a Rhapsody subscription through Verizon. It allows unlimited downloads, but they are subscription, so I need to synch every two weeks or so. My old phone had a standard phne jack, this new one has a smaller one... and I didn't catch it when I bought the phone. I'll grab one on the way home....

Unfortunately, work blocks all forms of streaming audio, but I do have some music that I can play via Media Player. It is better than nothing.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    this solstice sucks

3. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Today con go shove itself up a Sarlaac's rectm with a sand scrub as lubricant.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry to hear that. :( [:D] Hope today is better!

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Do Sarlaacs have rectums? I'm trying to visualize....

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I would presume that what goes in, must come out - in one form or another.

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I always kind of thought of the Sarlacc as a carnivorous plant (even before the CGI retardo-mouth).

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I hate liars and even worse, cheaters. This girl at work says she worked 10 hr days so she ended up not having to take so much PTO. Well when you come in at 8:30, take an hour lunch and leave at 5 or maybe 5:30 that's not 10 hrs.

UHG!!!!!

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    That's totally not fair. Doesn't her manager pay attention?

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Colorado's unemployment site won't let me file on the job I lost, because it wants info on the one I still have. That's fine, but to complete info on the one I still have, I have to list a separation date and reason for separation, WHICH DIDN'T HAPPEN! I should be able to do this as a Partially Unemployed Part-Time Worker, but there's no option on the forms that lets me!!!

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    My week has pretty much sucked the wrong end of a bantha so far... My Dad fell (he's fine, but it wasn't fun in the moment), got the wonderful job of dropping the boom on my brother and then breaking my niece's heart, given 3 new MAJOR projects at work, on top of everything else I'm doing, now have the potential for 2 additional surgical procedures being added into the mix, and my remaining copy editing client is seriously ticking me off this week... Oh yeah, and I'm gonna have to work this weekend.

Calgon ain't even gonna touch this mess. :oops:

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    This calls for dark chocolate, Zoo.

13. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I had a dream where my fingers swelled up and I had to take my wedding rings off because they were pinching. Come to find out -I DID take my wedding rings off in my sleep!! I blame the salty dinner we had last night. :( I woke up around 3:30 and noticed my rings were gone, so of course I was pretty much startled awake because I didn't know where they were. I felt around on my nightstand and on the floor nearby - nothing. I'm hoping they just rolled under the bed and I'll find them again once the hubby wakes up. Needless to say, I'm tired & very upset over this. Good vibes on ring hunting would be appreciated!

Edit: Rings were found! They were right there on the mattress right where I was sleeping (even tho I know I ran my hand over that location before & didn't feel them there). Ok, time for a catnap before my alarm to get up goes off.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'm glad you found your rings!

So, I called unemployment to try to figure out how to do this. You actually can't *be* on hold with them anymore. If you don't get through, they put you in a voicemail "self-service" hell menu and tell you up front that you can't get a live person from there. The menu is useless and almost always tells you to go to the website -- then it tells you to call back if you don't find your answer and hangs up. So their solution to long hold times was TO NOT LET ANYONE HOLD ANYMORE! And if my answer was on the web site, I WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

:mad:

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. What a 'clever' way for them to save money. They can cut back on services and the number of people applying in one swoop! :rolleyes:

Zoo, sorry it's been such a terrible week. I hope things start looking up! [:D]

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Work pissed me off more than usual today. I had to go outside and walk a lap around the building it was so bad. What is it with people and a lack of brains? Calling a customer service rep who is trying to help you, and interrupting every 5 seconds to discuss how stupid and incompetent Time Warner employees are is counter productive. Especially when you keep thinking the remote number for voice mail is actually your home phone number even though I told you about 15 times that it wasn't. To top it all off, I didn't even get an interview for really great training opportunity, when an idiot who has worked with the company for about a third of the time that I had had a sit down with the supervisor that was conducting interviews. The guy who got it is really nice, so I can't really say anything bad about him. However because he was moved into this new position now, the desks have been rearranged and I am sitting all by myself away from my team with no one else around me to keep me amused. The amusement I got from my coworkers was one of the few things that kept this job bearable.

Then tomorrow I've got allergy testing, so I haven't been able to take any allergy meds for the past week, which means I'm itchy, and can't breathe. In turn that has made it nearly impossible to sleep well. My back still aches, which the physical therapy was helping, but I couldn't afford to keep going twice a week like I had been. 2 months of it really drained my bank account. Now when I go walking my back and ribs are killing me. There is actually no position I am comfortable in any more.

And my poor dog hasn't been getting any better. My mom keeps hinting that we should put her to sleep, but I keep seeing this as a failure on our part. And putting her to sleep will be the lazy way out of it because we can't seem to give her what she needs. I need to try and get her on board and help me give the dog regular baths, which should help.

This is probably why I have had heart burn all week long. The good news is, I've finally gotten my Nursing school applications together, and just need to take the entrance exams before I send them in!

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Total sleep failure. I should have known when I cried myself to some semblance of sleep. Blargh.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
  19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  20. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    thank you

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005

Frakking fibro

[face_frustrated]

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry, Q. :( [:D] hope you feel better soon.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Dear raccoon family,

I love wildlife. I really do. And I realize that the cave-like area under my back deck must be the raccoon equivalent of awesome real estate. It's easily accessible from the creek, it's dark, enclosed, and has plenty of room for the expanding raccoon family. However, this is just a few feet from the head of my bed, and unlike you, I am not nocturnal. I like to sleep at night. So if you could please be a bit more quiet? Yeah, it would be much appreciated. I'm in less of a sharing mood when woken up at 1am. Thanks.

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    FYI - Many raccoons carry rabies, maybe it's time to get an exterminator???

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Er, well, I live out in the woods, up in the hills. I'm not sure it's entirely practical, for one thing. There's always going to be all kinds of wildlife here. Raccoons, deer, coyotes, foxes, mountain lions, bats, hawks, etc. (And my personal favorite, stellar 'wildlife alarm clock/you didn't want to sleep past 6am on Sunday did you' jays) If I were to relocate one raccoon (my mom suggested using their have-a-heart cage), then another would just move in. *shrug* We usually live fine together. They come up on my front deck and eat the cat food once in a while, and occasionally make a racket out on the back deck. Luckily they don't do the latter too terribly often.