main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plasma Venting Unit - Stop By & Blow Off Some Steam

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Sep 26, 2002.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Grumble, grumble, grumble.....

Got yelled at today by a client saying the adoption costs are too high. I think if you can't afford the adoption cost you shouldn't be adopting anyways. Pets cost money people! You can't just get them and feed them crap and not take care of them!

Ok....rant is over ;)

Katsu_MaRoy and nnaydolem like this.
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    That's a very good point. Pets cost a lot more than most people realize, I think. If that's their attitude about the adoption cost, then I think it implies they won't be good pet owners.

catz44 likes this.
  3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    My night taking someone to the ER (no one you know, thank the Maker).

:confused: 8-} [face_plain] [face_sigh] :rolleyes: [face_waiting] [face_frustrated]:mad:

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh no! Hope everything is ok

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Catz. They cleared her for anything physical and discharged her at about 2:00 after doping her up, but her life is kind of a big frakking mess right now. She spent the night on my couch. I'm hoping she can pull it together....

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Same person broke my toilet Monday night. Big huge thanks to Jomama for helping me out, and I'm sorry you had to meet her like that. I hope none of the crazy got on you..... ^:)^
    I've had a rather exhausting couple of weeks. I was a few millimeters from violence several different times....
    She's in a different kind of hospital right now, so here's hoping there's not a chaos vortex around her when she gets out.

7. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    Hopefully you will have a nice weekend?

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I plan to. :D

FanForced likes this.
  9. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    What does it feel like to have 2 sleeping babies in the house while roofers walk around on the roof? Like every thud up there is a knot in your stomach getting twisted tighter and tighter. Don't wake a sleeping baby! Rule number 1!!

catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  10. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Babies I nanny for are vomiting? Check. And they have diarrhea? Check. And the roofers are still banging? Check.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Constant banging would make me want to vomit...maybe not have diarrhea, though.

12. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yikes!!! I'm sorry not fun :(

13. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    My boss told me that I'd have Friday off. Because their condo rental fell through, they've decided to go to work. So much for my plans that day. I'm a doormat.

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    That is completely unfair! I'm sorry. You should tell them too bad you said I had the day off and I made plans.

15. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Sad venting...I miss Avyana. :-(

16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    April B-day list was posted and mine was left off, by my Big Boss. Makes me feel so loved and that my 5 years of employment have meant so much to them. I know how it happened, but shouldn't my direct line up know my b-day? He only has 2 employees.

17. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    That's a stinky piece of crap. If they went through the effort of looking up some of the birthdays, they should have looked them all up.

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm sorry, S__C. That does suck. :( We love you, though! [:D]

19. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OK I haven't been posting on here a lot and less it's about the event coming up. I have to say I'm really disappointed and a lot of people in our group right now. Cory OK I haven't been posting on here a lot and less it's about the event coming up. I have to say I'm really disappointed and a lot of people in our group right now. Cory really hard on this flier I really hard on this flier. I mentioned to him that we should have something for this coming weekend. So in a rush we put something together. All I have heard is complaining and moaning about it. I didn't see anyone else stepped up to do anything. I'm just really disappointed that all people can do is complain and whine and moan. Especially when some of us of been putting a lot of hours into this.

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I only know you guys have been working hard on getting it ready in time for Hauntings so we could advertise the event. It would be nice to get a ton of money for UP. Thank you for all your hard work. Having put on a few events myself, it's hard to get everything lined up and takes a lot of phone calls, emails, requests and time. If you (the nay-sayer) haven't put in one ounce of effort toward the end goal I say don't go, don't look, turn the channel nobody needs to be told what they are doing isn't valued.

To the people complaining, must be on fb or something, I say "shut up" until you show us your flyer. Stop pooping on other peoples ideas and stop taking everyone's thunder away. We should all be working to the same end goal and if you can't do that, go away or hide or something.

QueenHighMistress and nnaydolem like this.
  21. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    One of the guys on rebel force radio says pee'ing in someone else's cornflakes. When you put a lot of time and effort into something because you are on a deadline and no one else's thought of it. you're trying to get done. And then once it's done and done well and shown to and approved by the charity you're working with and the theater you're working with and someone on the publications committee… It is really hard not to take that stuff personally. It got done in less than a week. I'm just glad that it was something I thought of in the first place & that Cory is awesome!

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    An observation...

If I'm one of the people in this group that actually wants to help but I only know what's been posted here on the boards, it's been difficult to know everything that's going on, what needs to be done, and how I can help. I'm not saying you're not doing a good job or not putting in a lot of time, but holy crap, try to help the rest of us help you. The past week of discussion in the event thread has been about asking people to help print flyers for this weekend. That's all great, but I know there are other things that still need to be worked out. It doesn't do the group any good if one person gets overwhelmed and frustrated that nobody is contributing when the rest of us don't know how we can help you. ;)

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    As usual, Grimby isn't wrong.

24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

This.

And when we offer to help and are rebuffed.

Grimby likes this.
  25. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    ...I care...

Grimby likes this.