main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play As Darth Vader! (Warning! contains Ep III speculation)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by D_Lowe, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    That is just speculation in D-Lowes sig.

2. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I think that this game would be a cool one, as long as they stuck to the JO format and tweaked it (like Invid said) similar to TIE fighter from XWing.

Oh, and here's a spoiler for you, EVERYBODY DIES in 3! Except Kenobi, Yoda and Vader. Who all die later.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Oh, and here's a spoiler for you, EVERYBODY DIES in 3! Except Kenobi, Yoda and Vader. Who all die later

//rcon mbunny BroodMcEto

*waits*

Ack, my JO commands are not working here, the horror!

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I agree with Aragorn, no spoilers!

I mean, some of his signature is general, but some of it I didn't know.

PLEASE change it, unless you'll be only staying in the Episode III Spoiler forum.

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001

^^^Exactly. We all know the very basics of what is going to happen, but hey, we did with the other movies somewhat as well. Please keep Games spoiler free.

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001

^^^Exactly. We all know the very basics of what is going to happen, but hey, we did with the other movies somewhat as well. Please keep Games spoiler free.

ditto, I was thinking about this last night when posting. I havn't made up my mind if I'll be spoilt or spoiler free, but right now, that sig is just slightly too much. i.e: the padme thing.

//not impressed [face_plain]//

7. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    They're not spoilers, they're mostly just educated guesses. Very little has actually been revealed about Episode III yet.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > JP, with all due respect, this is redundant.

Yeah. But does it really matter? For a while we had a proliferation of "cool game idea" threads, and I redirected to an "official" thread.

We've had 2 of these in the last few months, and I was waiting to see if the thread could stand on its own legs before considering a lock and a redirect.

Enough people have been active in this thread since I posted in it yesterday to show me it was the right decision to leave it open.

If this sparks a jump in the number of similar threads, yes, I will lock and redirect.

But right now, I think this discussion is fine.

And even though D-Lowe's sig is 100% speculation, I will ask him to remove or reword it, and I'll retitle this thread.

9. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Guys, my signature isn't fact yet. It's speculation that I believe will happen based on other facts they we have seen in the movies. There are no real spoilers out yet. Trust me, I would know this since I post in the spoilers forum and there isn't yet. I also hope that the rewording of my signature is better. I also appologize if I freaked anybody out. May the Force be with you all.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Then please clearly mark your sig as "speculation", at the very least.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It says "What I expect to see in Ep3", therefore not fact. Isn't that enough? If people want to make a big deal out of this (I'm not trying to be cheeky here), I suggest D_Lowe should change his sig.

12. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    God, why's Ep. 3 speculation being discussed in the Games Forum? And what's there to speculate about? We all know who lives, who dies, who becomes Emperor and who loses most of his humanity on his fall to the Dark Side. I swear, sometimes it's like everyone posting here has forgotten all about the Original Trilogy. We all know what happens! Let's move on folks, please.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes, Invid, we do know what happens, but we don't know how and why, and people will want to save that until 2005.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > God, why's Ep. 3 speculation being discussed in the Games Forum?

Because someone has thought up a good idea for a SW game, based on events that may be in Episode 3.

Spoilers will NOT be allowed here, but this discussion seems to be progressing OK. The warning was more about D_Lowe's original sig anyway...

15. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    We do know and expect some things to happen in Episode III. The reason for that is because we have seen the original trilogy. I obviously wasn't thinking about my signature (my original one) when I came to this board because I do post about 99% of my posts in the Episode III spoilers forum. I do also post in the Misc. Forum and nobody had a problem with my signature there.

Anyway, I thought it was appropriate to discuss a game idea in this forum. It is based on Episode III. It is also an original game idea. How fun would it be to be Darth Vader and hunting down and destroy Jedi. I would really enjoy the duels you would have to fight. That would be the best part. Also to hear Vader's voice (by JEJ) and hear maybe some famous Vader quotes. I do hope to hear some ideas how to make some of these ideas work.

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    By keepng this one open, the Ep3 speculation stays in one thread that can be easily avoided.

Often I will lock and redirect this sort of thread (usually because the idea is "galaxies"). [face_plain]

This one, however, can stay...

18. Jedi-W

Jedi-W Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I like this game idea very much. I'm playing JKII right now and the "Vader-game" would probably be an excellent sequal (spelling?).

However I can't really see how you would get an gentle start in this game. Fighting a Jedi should be hard even if your Vader. What/who do you think should be your "getting-started-victims"?

Rebels?
    Separatist droids?

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    but I guess this thread wont be locked now.

Picked it like a dirty nose. :)

MAEK M3 A 4DM|N!1!1!!11!

edit =

What/who do you think should be your "getting-started-victims"?

In Ep1 The Phantom Menace. Maul was sent on his first mission to destroy Jedi... and he took out Qui-Gon.

It was said earlier in this thread that you, as Vader, are trained by Sidious (this could be first few levels - training etc), then you have most skills already and can take out some "lesser skilled" Jedi (that somehow survived the Clone Wars. (is any do - but this is speculation, apart from Ben, Yoda and Ani, but Ani is Vader... OMG!11!!!1!)

20. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Maybe Vader should hunt some Padawans first.

21. Jedi-W

Mar 14, 2002
    Good idea about the "Training with Sidious" start. Have a feeling that he uses his Dark side Lightning as an pedagogic (spelling?) tool... ;)

Not so sure on the "Slice Padawans" since it gives me an image of Vader cutting up the little kids that Yoda trained in EpII. On the other hand it could be grown up Padawans like Ani in EpII and then I think it's a great idea (and I suppose that is what you ment...or was it! :eek: )

22. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Of course you got to go with the adult Padawans. The child ones would be wrong.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol. mmmmmmm lets hunt down 6 year olds? Yea, I can really see LucasArts making a game about that! :p

It's kinda weird to hunt padawan's at the start of this game. Between Ep2 and Ep3 the clone wars take place. Most Jedi die. Surely the less experienced Jedi (padawans) would be first to go, except Ani :p) And even if some padawans survive, their masters are more than likely to have been injured to dead. So... padawans wouldn't be a very realistic "grade of jedi" in this game - unless you start as Ani and are fighting in the Clone wars and then turn and train with Sidious and *then* hunt down Jedi.

This game could be set in between Ep2 and Ep3 and after Ep3.

ooooooohh.

24. Jedi-W

Mar 14, 2002
    That seems to be the best starting point, first separate Seperatist from their heads and then move on to dissconnecting Jedi from the Force.

Sad thing that we will probably never see this game in real life...

25. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Jedi-W, that's because they haven't thought of it over there at Lucas Arts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.