main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play-by-Post: d20 Saga Edition: New Republic AU

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Gulp.
    Lahsur keys in the command(s) to restore power, but before pressing the last key, he grabs the handle of his carbine, taps the control with his left pinky, then spins arround into a crouch, shielding his view of the terminal with an upraised elbow.
    "OK, so it's a little paranoid, but if I were building a Tomb of Horrors(TM), I'd place traps almost everywhere. Especially where it would involve something seemingly harmless."

Lahsur waits for the other shoe to drop.

2. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Soleria appears to be muttering something under her breath repeatedly. The words 'there, no, Force, and only' can barely be made out. She does not seem to notice the antics of the trooper.

3. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    As Lahsur works with the console Yuul heads for some cover with good lines of fire in the event they come under attack again. He and kept both eyes open, keeping track of his companions. "What info did you find Lahsur?"

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "So far just a power up sequence, I think. This way the rest of the traps will have a few seconds to reboot and warm up before we get to any. I think most of the base has been in a passive 'sleep' mode. Now the fans will have time to blow the dust away from the circuit cubes and processors."

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The hangar bay and hallway are illuminated somewhat by a series of panels no brighter than a glowrod or lightsaber. You suppose the Sith like things gloomy. You also hear a low hum, likely a generator powering up by the sound of it.

Now that you can see a bit better, you notice 3 sets of doors, widely spaced at the far end of the bay.

6. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul looks at the three doors and says, "Well, we could roll a chance cube or..." He turns to look the young jedi in the eye, "...the force lady can use her mystical sensing abilities to pick the best one." He finished with a grin.

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Well, acording to an anceology holo-drama I watched as a child, the entrance with the most ornamentation around it is usually a trap, or heavily trapped. These all look about the same, don't they? Guess that's not much help. Right? Left? Center?"

8. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    "The Force isn't like a child's toy, to be misused. But you are correct in that its guidance can provide answers in times like these..."

Soleria concentrates on each of the doors in turn envisioning them being opened and entered by the group.

OOC:
    Does this seem like a good idea test.

Use the Force +11

Roll 1: 12 = 23

Roll 2: 8 = 19

Roll 3: 17 = 28

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    BTW, where are you guys in relation to the doors?

10. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Hmm, Yuul took cover while Lahsur activated everything, so hes probal crouched partially behind something, at the ready for more traps. Hes closer to the terminals then the doors.

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Lahsur is still by the computer terminals. Now that systems seem to be powering up, he takes another stab at getting information from them.

Use Computer roll: 4+?

Unfortunately, Lahsur never mastered touch-typing, and obviously typoed whatever command he was trying for. 'List DIR' became 'Lisp DIO'.

"Um, whatever she wants, I guess we do."

12. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    ooc: Soleria was near the terminal to see what was going on. So wherever that puts her in the room?

13. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    You don't sense anything from the 1st and 2nd doors. However, you sense some sort of rudimentary intelligence behind the far doors.

14. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    While glancing back and forth at the various doors Yuul turns to Sloeria and asks, "Anything?"

15. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    The young Jedi nods in response to the question, taking a deep a refreshing breath after her concentration. "There is something...intelligent...that way. A sentience at the bare minimum behind the farthest door. I sense nothing in the other directions."

16. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Could it be an automated base sentience, like a limited droid brain operating a trap? Or just base sentience?" Yuul moved up to the door in question and stood to one side of it.

17. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    "As far as I know I cannot sense robotic sentience. This would have to be a living creature."

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "So an animal? can you um, sense, how big it is?" As Yuul stands next to that door he puts his ear against it to try and pick up any sounds that he can.
    -----
    Perception Check: 13+1+5=19(i think i did that right)

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yuul: Yes, you did that right :)

Soleria: Point of clarification. Yes, droid sentience (in my game, at least) has a faint presence in the Force. However, they don't have feelings, and therefore you can't sense their emotional state; they don't have any emotions.

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    PS: You don't hear anything, Yuul.

21. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    ooc: Yeah that's a bit of a change from established canon, even droids like R2 with developed 'personalities' don't register like something sentient. So , now I know for your game.

IC: Soleria nods at Yuul. "Well it could be machine I suppose...I wonder..."

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Well, as my programmer gearhead friends in the orphanage used to say, 'If you don't gosub a program loop, you'll never get a subroutine.' Whatever that means."

23. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Soooo...doors...

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Lahsur looks at the others.
    Jedi Knight: automatic officer. Outranks me.
    Mercenary soldier: been around longer than I have--long enough to establish himself outside of a military. Probablly outranks me.
    Guess that makes me the most expendable. Figures.

"Ok, if that's the one with something approaching sentience behind it, it's probablly the fastest way to go." Gulp. "Get ready."
    Lahsur grabs his carbine ready to fire and looks at the controls for the door (assuming he can find them).
    "Three... Two... One... OPEN"
    Pvt Fah'dour swings his carbine and glowrod around looking for anything that needs to be introduced to a bolt of hot plasma from his blaster.

25. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Inside the door are some storage crates; perhaps this is an armory or droid barracks. Kinda hard to tell for certain because of the "welcoming committee," a small squad of battle droids. 6 in all are intersperced through the room.

They're fashioned to look like fanged metallic humanoid skeletons with glowing red photoreceptors. A quick glance suggests that they have wrist-mounted blasters in addition to the wicked-looking vibroswords they carry.

Make Initiative checks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.