Play-by-Post: d20 Saga Edition: New Republic AU

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Merkurian, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    I'll assume that you guys go to the top and work your way down, if that is OK...
  2. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Well, if no one objects, Lahsur follows his own advice and pushes the button for the top floor. He does want to be able to wedge the doors open, as mentioned.
  3. Corporate_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2002
    star 1
    Soleria mounts no objection, content to allow events to run their course. She relaxes in to the Force allowing herself to follow its will.
  4. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul nods to Lahsur as the other man presses the button. Yuul procedes to get in a position that he can get some cover from for whan the door opens when they reach their destination.
  5. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    The elevator comes to a stop and opens up to what appears to be a throne room/audience chamber, perhaps 10 meters wide and 20 meters long. It's supported by numerous decorative columns, and the entire area is illuminated "Sith gloomy," so you're not certain of the height of the ceiling. At the far end, you can make out a raised dias, and where there would normally be a throne is instead what appears to be a tomb.

    There's an almost tangible feeling of dread here, mixed with anger, betrayal, grief, and triumph. You all find the effort of trying to keep all those others' thoughts outside your own minds to be difficult. Physically taxing, even.

    As you exit the elevator, the holographic image of Darth Skorpius reappears. "Here you stand in the monument that marks the beginning of my ascent to Dark Lord. Here is where I betrayed my fellow apprentice Darth Skurge, and my onetime master Lord Eris to the Jedi. You have done well to make it this far, but I sense a Jedi-like spirit of cooperation." He says that last word with contempt. "There is only one amongst you that will prove worthy of even the barest hint of my knowledge. Who that is will be determined now."

  6. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul poke shis head out before walking forward a few steps. "In what way?"
  7. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Lah-sur gets ready to drop the droid body or whatever so that it will block the lift doors from closing, and starts shining a glowrod around the room. "Yeah, what? The first person to realize there's no such thing as a chem-light battery wins, or something stupid like that? Or do you expect us to start killing each other for the fun of it? To keep you entertained?"

    "'cause if there's a choice, I vote for the chem-light end of the spectrum," he mutters
  8. Corporate_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2002
    star 1
    The Jedi apprentice grimaces at the weight of the Dark Side permeating the room. She shrouds herself deeper in the Force, repeating the words of her Master and Skywalker during her days of training on Yavin 4.
  9. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    Sooo...are you all huddled in the elevator still?
  10. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "Sithspit! I hate these kinds of mind games. Hold the door." Lahsur drops the droid carcass onto the floor so that it blocks the lift. "Test, schmest. Your rediculous theatrical effects don't scare us. If you had any real power, we'd never have made it in here, or you'd have dominated the 'worthy' one of us long ago. So either turn on the lights or go back to sleep."

    Bluff roll?
    Intimidation?
    Will Save?
    All of the above?
  11. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul strides out to stand next to Lahsur.
  12. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    Ahead of you, a bit more than halfway across the chamber, you hear the telltale whirring of droids activating. Steeping from behind the columns ahead, you see about a dozen of those battle droids.

    Make Initiative checks
  13. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Um...

    [face_worried]


    2


    That's with modifier (if I got the system down right)
  14. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Iniative roll: [10,8] = (18)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1540493/
    ----------------------
    OOC: Wow, unlucky for lahsur, don't worry Yuul's got his back ;)
  15. Corporate_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2002
    star 1
  16. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    Soleria, you notice some sort of glowing sigil on the floor halfway across the chamber.

    Yuul, you're first up.
  17. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul moved towards what he sees as the optimum area of cover before tossing one of the ion grenades they found earlier at the clamboring droids. Yuul turns his head towards the jedi. "Hey girl! Why don't you try getting up a deflection shield or something!"
    -----------------
    I forgot how to do throw attack rolls
  18. Corporate_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 25, 2002
    star 1

    Casting a brief withering glance at her companion Soleria moves towards the sigil on the floor, allowing her awareness of the connections in the Force to envelop her. She ignites her lightsaber in order to parry any incoming bolts (Fight Defensively) as she makes her way over.
  19. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Lahsur stares stupidly at the droids. "What more, didn't we already demolish a dozen of these things? Oh well, as tests go, this isn't so bad. Oh, wait, still have to kill these!" As soon as he gets his act together, he raises his blaster and opens fire on the nearest one.

    attack: 14+?
    Damage: 5+8+1+1=15

    >>I think grenade is just straight d20 + dex mod unless you've invested in some grenade proficiency/feat. It's the area-effect/reflex save that makes them interesting.
  20. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    "I forgot how to do throw attack rolls"

    D'oh! :oops: I thought I'd answered this already [face_blush]

    Grenade attacks are a ranged attack vs. Reflex Defense 10. If successful, a grenade will affect a 2x2 square area, or in this case, enough to affect 4 droids.
  21. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    OOC: ok
    Throw grenade roll: [4,5] = (9)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1548410/
  22. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    The collection of droids cuts loose with a massive barrage of blaster fire as you move into defensive positions. Soleria takes the worst of it. She's able to deflect several shot, but one bolt gets past her guard and scorches her arm slightly. Yuul is momentarily taken aback by the intensity of the assault, spoiling his grenade toss. It falls short, doing no damage to the attackers. Lahsur is able to get in a minor hit on one droid in return.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    OoC: The droids do both coordinated fire and autofire. Lahsur takes 6 points of damage, Yuul takes 8. I rolled a nat 20 vs. Soleria*; but fortunately for you, area of effect attacks cannot crit. Still, Soleria takes 12 points of damage. I took the liberty of rolling to see where Yuul's grenade fell.


    *Soleria can still make a Use the Force check to deflect the incoming fire, since it is mathematically possible for you to succeed. The flavor text/damage taken assumes that you fail, however.
  23. Koohii Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Lahsur glups and throws one of his grenades, hoping for more success. He will obey any other orders given.

    Throw: 17+2=19

    Not thinking straight this morning (bad night)--roll damage for me? I trust you.
  24. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul throws another grenade, hoping for better success as watches his companions as well as himself recieve glancing blows or near misses from the hail of fire incomming.
    -------
    Throw Grenade: [16,5] = (21)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1549960/
  25. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 25, 2000
    star 6
    Yuul & Lahsur those both hit. Roll 4d6 each to determine damage. Were you concentrating your efforts on the same cluster of droids or spreading them out?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.