main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play-by-Post: d20 Saga Edition: New Republic AU

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    OK, the next bit depends heavily upon C_J's choices for Soleria. I wanna hold off just a touch, since I don't want to presume what those choices will be.

2. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    OOC: Not sure what to do. This is completely the opposite of how I intended this to go. I was trying to use the Force to bring us together under the sigil's protection. Its very out of character for her to turn on comrades. If this is the direction that the gm wants thats fine. He can continue to play the character as needed.

3. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    You checked your PM's, right C_J?

4. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Moving towards the dais Soleria uses the force to push the cover off of the sarcophagus, trying to reach it as quickly as she is able.

ooc: Use the Force +11 roll 12 = 23

5. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Removing the cover of the sarcophagus reveals the mummified corpse of what was apparently once a large, armored humanoid, and you feel the dark side of the Force concentrated here. At the corpse's feet is a small, pyramidal device, likely a Sith holocron.

The image of Darth Skorpius reappears:

"Behold Darth Eris, once Dark Lord of the Sith, brought low in accordance to my plans. A testament to what lies before you, if you are willing to grasp power as it presents itself. You have proven yourself worthy to be privy to the most minor of my knowledge, knowledge and power of the dark side."

A door on the far side of the sarcophagus chamber slides open.

"The time has come to cast aside these minor minions that have served you up until now. Come, there is a galaxy full of beings that can be made to serve your will."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yuul and Lahsur, you see the holographic image of that Zabrak Sith Lord reappear. It's talking to Soleria, but with the shield and the noise of battle, you're not sure what's being said. Lahsur, take 7 points and Yuul, take 9 points as some of the droids close in and attack with vibroswords.

6. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    "Not today I think." Soleria says, turning back towards her comrades. She leaps towards the shield blocking her side of the room from theirs, lightsaber leading the way in the event it proves less than permeable.

7. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    It's definately a "Naboo-strength" shield.

8. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "oh great, in the middle of a battle, some dead twit wants to have an eloquent conversation--OW!"

Lahsur is going to go full autofire with his carbine.

Hit: 12+?
    Damage (is it still the same?): 5+8+1+1=15

9. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    ooc: Where does the field seem to be emanating from? Where are the projectors? Soleria won't leave them behind unless there are no other options.

IC: With the Force, Soleria pulls the Sith Holocron from inside the tomb to her outstretched hand. "Perhaps this can help..."

10. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Make a Use the Force check

11. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002

ooc: Roll 13 Use the Force 11 = 24

12. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    As you reach out with the Force to grasp the holocron, you also sense some manner of mechanism beneath the sarcophagus. Your feelings tell you that this mechanism -along with the holocron- is connected to control of the droids and the force shield.

13. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul disengages with his droids and moves toward cover nearer to Lahsur.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "So, What's plan B? go back and check out the lower levels?"

15. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Glancing behind you, you notice that the elevator doors have bisected the droid you used as a doorjam, and have shut.

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Lahsur begins cursing with enough venom in the most dire terms regarding the social, genetic, and psychological short-comings for the designer of the base as to earn a permanent ban from family-friendly forums. With all the resolve and inventiveness of someone brought up in the poorest gutters of society.
    "Who builds a lift with enough hydraulic strength in the doors to cut through a droid?"
    More cursing follows as he continues full autofire with his blaster. Probablly have to change powerpacks next round.

17. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Soleria looks a the Holocron trying to discern how it could be related to the mechanism. She looks around trying to find a way that the two might interact.

ooc: ok Im retarded, short of cutting the sarcophagus in half I have no idea how to proceed based on what I know.

18. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    C_J? You there?

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Looking at last post, I think C_J is waiting for info.

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Sent her(?) a PM with the info

21. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Sifting through the shroud of the Dark Side, Soleria finds the answer to her needs. Using her last reserves of patience and calm the young Jedi sends out a tendril of the Force and deactivates the mechanisms which threaten the group.

ooc: Roll 8 Use the Force 11= 19

22. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Lahsur and Yuul: The droids have you pretty much boxed in with blaster fire, and several of them look like they're about to use their vibro-swords to take turns cutting you into pieces, and then cut those pieces into smaller pieces. Suddenly, they all shift into a ready stance and power down. You also see the force field shut down, and that holographic guy is talking to Soleria.

Soleria: You sense a mechanism beneath the sarcophagus and reaching out with the Force, you give it a twist. You see the droids shift into ready stance & power down, and the force field shuts down also. The holographic form of Darth Skorpius reappears:

"That you have chosen to save your minions comes as a disappointment. As such, the majority of lore contained within this monument is now denied you." The entire chamber begins to rumble ominously. "However, that you have come thus far is a testament to your skill. Unlike my onetime Master, I am not completely miserly with my wisdom. Take the holocron, and let it whet your appetite for what can be yours..."

You see that some of the ceiling is beginning to collapse in large chunks, while a blast door at the far corner of the dias opens.

23. Corporate_Jedi

Mar 25, 2002
    A model of Jedi composure, despite the impending destruction of the tomb, Soleria descends the dais and gestures to the door. "We should be leaving gentlemen." Strangely she exhibits none of the anger or spite you saw only moments ago.

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Uh, yeah. Sure..."
    Lahsur has not come down from his combat high. These droids were trying to kill him.
    Lahsur wages a fighting retreat, still firing at the droids, whether they're attacking him or not

>>OK, the falling ceiling may crush all the droids anyway, but Lahsur isn't taking any chances.

25. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    After blasting a few droids and getting no resistance, you all make a run for it. Going through the door, you see an open escape pod that looks like an oversized coffin.
    ------------------------------------------------
    OoC: Soleria, did you take the holocron?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.